Are We Stopping the Duplicate Numbers Worn?

Advertisement
why is broke now talking like he's from Compton?
What?

It's a fair question, you got a little ghetto there for a minute. The better question is, why do 89% of internet posters slip into thugspeak when they get whipped up? Seriously, do people who talk like that actually type that way? Isn't it like trying to be hard in another language?

You want to be "hard" in another language?

The Education of H*Y*M*A*N K*A*P*L*A*N

I've never noticed the duplicate numbers til the last few years and I hate it.

you must be 50 years old

lol I hate it too.

You **** kids and your duplicate numbers! Get off my lawn!

I couldn't care less, but if you want your ball back you'll need to have your father come over to get it.

I'm the old man in this scenario. I'd be over there already, but I can't reach the velcro on my shoes.

What?

It's a fair question, you got a little ghetto there for a minute. The better question is, why do 89% of internet posters slip into thugspeak when they get whipped up? Seriously, do people who talk like that actually type that way? Isn't it like trying to be hard in another language?

Wow, you went deep for that reference.

What?

Wow, you went deep for that reference.

It's the prerequisite of any phonetic foreign language study.

Advertisement
This guy would love to share his number:

image.jpg

This guy wouldn't:

image.jpg

Just a another symptom of the disease known as Goldenitis.

Here is a novel concept the best player that wants the number can prove it on the field and then keep it until another better player comes along and takes it from him.

What?

I personally do not talk like that when speaking formally but I'm not writing a critical analysis essay or delivering a speech right now. At the end of the day this is a message board, let's not try to make this more than what it is folks..

Until it becomes an issue who gives a ****.

Actually it is an issue. Give you an example. Let's say that TH3 and Stacy Coley are both dynamic returners or need to be on the hands team for an onside kick. Players w/ the same numbers can't be on the field at the same time.

So while there are bigger issues at hand, the duplicate number for scholarship players can create somewhat of an issue from a personnel standpoint if you wanted to run trick plays for ST, or offense for that matter.

That problem actually came up at FSU. They had two players who would be on KOR together that wanted the same number. You know what they did? They didn't give those two players the same number! What a concept! Do you think coaches are stupid? You think they're gonna sabotage a unit just because two players want the same number? No.

I forgot what Jimbo did. I think he first gave the two the opportunity to work it out themselves. Then if they couldn't figure it out, he decided for them. This isn't rocket science.

You're Wrong. Its Jalen Ramsey and Kermit Whitfield they both wear #8 and both return kick offs. Jalen Ramsey changes his Jersey to #17 (Charlie Ward gave him permission) on Kick offs and goes to back to #8 on defense. Other Teams do it to. Duplicate Jerseys are all over College Football almost every team have them

Advertisement
The worst is when teams don't put the names of their players on their jerseys (ND) and then have duplicate numbers.

They really shouldn't have hired a coach until this duplicate number issue was resolved. Even worse, I'm hearing Richt is telling people that he wasn't made aware of it prior to agreeing to the job. The cloud is officially back.

Advertisement
lol star players want single digit numbers all the best teams in the nation do it but you want us to stop?

So as no player need suffer the stigma of DDNS (dual digit number syndrome), I propose that the U lead the nation by using single numbers exclusively. This enlightened approach will ensure us superior recruits.

No, there are many issues we have to fix yet people still complaining about f_cking uniforms. At the end of the day they have to wear the Uni and people want single digit numbers...

Remember when you slurped Golden the entire offseason?

What do you mean the entire off-season?

Broke was defending Alfredo up until almost the bitter end.

At least he manned up at the end of it all, unlike DK, niner, Queen, etc..

Advertisement
No.
The first issue we need to fix is that extremely flamboyant, ridiculous, sissified, arm-locking,
butt-shaking, up-north big 10 type, bullshiite *** 'first kick-off of the game' ritual.
Finished before we even start as soon as the opponent sees this.

Amen. That is so mid-west crap.

I see the new-school fans are up to their name calling and faqqotry again.

Relly makes a great point. The duplicate number **** has to go. It's ridiculous. You never, ever saw that with our legendary teams.

Can you imagine thinking of two legendary Canes from the same era as the same number? No, I didn't think so.

I see the new-school fans are up to their name calling and faqqotry again.

Relly makes a great point. The duplicate number **** has to go. It's ridiculous. You never, ever saw that with our legendary teams.

Can you imagine thinking of two legendary Canes from the same era as the same number? No, I didn't think so.
Quit living in the past it's not the 1980s or 1990s.

Sure all teams have duplicate numbers... out of necessity. Somehow this became sort of a thing with the teams under Golden. I'm not a big fan of it, nor of players changing their numbers between seasons... but.. whatever.

Advertisement
Back