Are We Stopping the Duplicate Numbers Worn?

I think the OP has a valid point. The use of duplicate numbers among players who will actually play should be eliminated. There is always a chance that two guys with the same number could show up on special teams. A couple of injuries, and suddenly the situation arises. In any case, Golden is the one who made this routine among contributing players. I'd like to see it curtailed or eliminated.
What about the kid at FSU that wears Charlie Ward's retired 17 when he is on spc teams with the other number 8 on FSU

Really? Jeez. I grew up with the team in the 80s so I hate this trend of dupe numbers. It takes away from the value of the number, which for me, has more nostalgia to it.

See, Even though I've been a Canes fan for a minute, I'm still rather young, and I agree w/ you....the dup numbers does take away from the value of it and takes away from the nostalgia. I understand that dup numbers happen from time to time, but it appears we have the most out of any CFB team among scholly players. I don't recall that being this way under Coker or even Shannon. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong...but I could swear that this trend start happening under Golden to appease players. Players should have to earn their numbers, especially if that number was worn by a former great Cane, imo.

You're right - it started a few years ago but it's pretty prevalent in a lot of college teams.

Advertisement
lol star players want single digit numbers all the best teams in the nation do it but you want us to stop?

So as no player need suffer the stigma of DDNS (dual digit number syndrome), I propose that the U lead the nation by using single numbers exclusively. This enlightened approach will ensure us superior recruits.

No I'm saying it will do more harm than good.

Well, we have 96 numbers available, and a roster limit of about 105. So...to answer the question, we aren't going to eliminate duplicate numbers, but maybe we can limit the use of duplicates among scholarship players.

Walk ons should use negative numbers

Advertisement
Back