Arch Manning to Texas

Advertisement
I can’t imagine the size of the alleged wire transfer needed to sign him .

They’ll have to make it like publishing clearing house type alleged win to cover it then go to plausible deniability and the alleged bag 💼 will be complete.

Advertisement
I'm old enough to remember when Arch's Ol' Uncle Peyton was banging the daughter of Maryann Barber (of Stanford Residential College fame). The daughter had a 5 star body...and a preferred walk-on face.
Of Stanford residential college fame??? That’s like saying Jimmy Johnson is of Oklahoma State fame.

Maryann Barber became a winner at HECHT!!! The sportsfest record books will agree with me.

Without his last name he's not a 5 star IMO
Arch is good but overrated in my opinion. Have you seen the competition he plays against?

His arm is legit, I can't lie. He threw a ball at a Clemson that was an absolute dime. The ball is pretty coming out of his hand.

His size leaves a lot to be desired. The scouting agencies list him as 6'4 215. I think those are overestimated. I don't believe them one bit. He looks 6'2ish 190lbs seeing him play on TV. What gives him his hype and recognition is his last name.

Don't compare Ahmmon to him. Ahmmon was playing in the 8A division at Wellington. He played against good competition and did numbers. Arch is playing at a private school that doesn't even play a national schedule. They mostly play against other private schools. I think Quinn Ewers is a better prospect than Arch.

Playing against top competition is an important piece to the puzzle. Seeing how an athlete competes against other top competition will tell you a lot. Does he fold when the pressure is on, does he elevate the play of his teammates, does he know how to lead through adversity? All of these are critical questions that get answered playing against the best out there.

I'm not saying Arch will be a flop or bust, I just don't see why he's so hyped up outside of his last name.
I'm with you on this 100%. I've been saying this for a while. I don't see how he's a 5-star. Good prospect but the hype he's receiving isn't deserved in my opinion.

Advertisement
I'd go as far as saying his arm doesn't blow me away either
He has a really good arm. The ball isn't exploding out of his hand but it does get to where it needs to be with good velocity and is on a rope more times than not. His arm can, and will, get better with more focus training. He needs to work on increasing core and hip strength.

There are plenty of players with big time last names, in all sports, that don't get this sort of ranking. I am not a football guru, but to get this sort of massive rating, the kid has more going for him than just being a Manning.
I’m not necessarily disagreeing with you but what is another sport that has anything that compares to potentially another Manning?

I can’t believe there is a3 page thread on a kid with no interest. That being said, his name alone gets him a 5 star rating. That family has an impressive batting average to say the least

Advertisement
Of Stanford residential college fame??? That’s like saying Jimmy Johnson is of Oklahoma State fame.

Maryann Barber became a winner at HECHT!!! The sportsfest record books will agree with me.
Maryann Barber at Hecht was like Peyton Manning in Denver. A cushy retirement-esque gig. Her induction speech at the Dorm Hall of Fame was almost all tales of Walsh and Rosborough glories.

Advertisement
Neither of his sons were ever considered elite talents in high school.
That is the point I was making. People are saying "arch is only considered elite because of who is uncle and dad are". I am saying there are other elite athletes who had kids who were not considered elite based off name alone.

That is the point I was making. People are saying "arch is only considered elite because of who is uncle and dad are". I am saying there are other elite athletes who had kids who were not considered elite based off name alone.

I'm with you.

If I was picking one QB this year and could take anyone, Arch it would be. Phenomenal prospect whose future is in the NFL baring injuries. Others could surpass him and that's okay. Today in paper, he's the top guy.

How odd is that? Well looks like him mother went there, his sister is going there now and Payton donates a ton of money to UVA.. Just odd but Im cool with the ACC getting better.. doubt he goes there but its a good look for Tony Elliot who I think will fail.

Advertisement
Back