Anyone worried about the middle of the Dline this year?

Advertisement
As far as i know he's listed as a DT. If he isn't he isn't. Im not looking for the know it all award. Just talking football. If you know different post it...

No I was just curious, it was an honest question. With his athleticism I was curious what the comparable would be.

No I was just curious, it was an honest question. With his athleticism I was curious what the comparable would be.
I've been proven wrong sorry for the bad bait. Now that you mention athleticism and the fact that he's bigger than Nesta? Maybe he gets a shot or two on the inside during passing downs...

Advertisement
Probably start with NC, GT and Pitt.

Pitt and GT both gained fewer than 350 yds of total offense against our defense. UNC had 389 and they beat us through the air. We held them under 100 yds rushing.

I'd like to know which team on our schedule in 2020 you think is gonna be able to line up and pound the ball on the ground against our defense.

Is there a single team you have in mind?

Ford was a Green Tree AA coming out of fall camp and flashed a few times and that’s about it. I know that Nesta was injured but when he was healthy he did very little. Miller is going into his 3rd year and was a developmental player. Holley and HH are gonna be RFr. To me, it’s a glaring issue unless two of those guys improve a ton without an off-season.

Not really. If Miami is in a low scoring game against a team that grinds out yards on the ground, then I'm only slightly more concerned. If it plays out like it should, Miami should be scoring lots of points and the DTs will be in attack mode. Maybe even see Rosseau sliding inside to get him, Nesta, Roche, and Phillips on the field at the same time. I don't think you will find a better collection of pass rushers than that.

Advertisement
I think we'll be stout up the middle.. Ford and miller will be very hard to move we need Nesta and one other DT to apply the pressure from the other DT spot

Our DTs are alright. Did a decent job of disrupting the LOS and when they ate up blocks the LBs were often MOA making the line look like the culprit. But anyone who thinks we could maul a Wisconsin or Clemson is fooling themselves

No. Actually, didn't give any thought to it because my comment was a general comment about winnowing posts to improve the board. LCE was speaking specifically about this thread, and I happen to agree with him. As far as being holier than thou, if from where you sit that's how I appear, I'll accept that.

You guys ever considered that some people have more on their plate than just football? Then come on here to get the info that they either have no time or enough interest for?
This holiest then thou narrative smells of I'm better than you because I spend all my time reading football websites....

No. Actually, didn't give any thought to it because my comment was a general comment about winnowing posts to improve the board. LCE was speaking specifically about this thread, and I happen to agree with him. As far as being holier than thou, if from where you sit that's how I appear, I'll accept that.
Guys just want to talk football. That's my point. OP had a question. Don't see why he needs to be called dumb and talked down too. You expressed your opinion and I expressed mine. Never intended for people to get defensive. Just a point of view.

Advertisement
Ford was a Green Tree AA coming out of fall camp and flashed a few times and that’s about it. I know that Nesta was injured but when he was healthy he did very little. Miller is going into his 3rd year and was a developmental player. Holley and HH are gonna be RFr. To me, it’s a glaring issue unless two of those guys improve a ton without an off-season.
I concur. The middle is a concern. Consistently stopping the run, Push up the middle, getting in the face of and sacking the QB.

That would certainly cause that Temple QB to check off. Huh????

Or call time out!
200.gif

Advertisement
We just need them to do their jobs. There are times when they penetrate and make a big play. Other times they get pushed out of the gap, or create big seams.

I think we had the best or close to the best havoc rate last year. I do think they can and will take a step up this year after gaining the experience last year. Nesta has shown flashes, hopefully he can be more consistent.

Rousseau got 1/2 his sacks last year rushing as a 3T or head up in a 0.

I usually prefer a 4 man rush, but think we can have some interesting packages with Phillips-Rousseau-Roche
Then Carter-McCloud-Brooks. I love the idea of blitzing Carter and/or Brooks together with those 3.

In the run game, no. We will be fine there. But finding consistent pressure from the interior was something that hurt us some games. If we can get a consistent interior pass rusher that will make the combo of Roche, Rousseau and Phillips that more lethal. The guy with goods from a physical standpoint to be that guy is Ford. Idk Why ppl forget but pretty sure this is first year since his TF szn he’s gunna be healthy at the start..fingers crossed

DT depth is horrid and it's all names of guys we hope are good but they haven't shown a **** thing. Not surprised because this position changed as soon as Golden got fired (thank God) but it was recruited better by that other coaching staph.

RJ and Willis were animals

Golden recruited RJ and got Willis to transfer here

Advertisement
Back