Anyone think we still haven't seen all of Dawson's playbook?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not only have we not seen a ton of the play book, we haven’t seen some of the player personnel choices. Example: Harrell has exactly ONE target past 15 yards. No wheel route to Chris Johnson. No target for McCoy let alone McCormick in the red zone.

I mean we just saw the push pass for the first time. Pretty smart in those conditions compared to the jet handoff potentially being a fumble.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Considering we've barely used our TEs, I think (hope) it'll be a big part of our offense moving forward.

Also would like to see some designed QB runs to really throw the defense off. Not more than 2-3 a game but just enough at critical times to really keep the defense off balance.

Advertisement
I expect to see a lot more counters and misdirection plays in the future based on all the pulling of the guards and center we do.

I also expect to see more motion from WRs and mesh routes/ rub routes to get open against the more physicals teams.

I want to see more two TB sets again but with passing plays off play-action. Wheel routes, screens, swing passes to Fletcher and Johnson would surprise defenses keying in on Parrish and Don on the other side of the field.

I am hoping to see Brown used as a change of pace running QB package but not sure that will happen.

Last edited:
Considering we've barely used our TEs, I think (hope) it'll be a big part of our offense moving forward.
I could be wrong, but I think TEs have been targeted 4 times this season - 1 per game - and two of those came from Emory in mop up. Maybe the TEs will get more action as the season goes along, but it's pretty clear that the TE as pass-catcher won't be a big part of this offense. I hope I'm wrong because a team that doesn't incorporate their backs and TEs in the pass game is a lot easier to defend. It hasn't mattered so far, but it could when we get into the meat of the schedule.

Advertisement
Would like to see 15 worked in a little more. Quick strikes will be key against the tougher opponents. Can't rely on 10-12 play drives all the time

Advertisement
Back