Anyone remember Beau Sandland?

I believe you. Every single report out of camp had nothing spectacular or promise for him while he was here. Clive was too good for him to try and beat out. He is a prime example of hard work and dedication to getting better because it showed on the field.

Advertisement
A family friend was a member of the equipment staff while Sandland was enrolled at Miami. He worked every practice and saw which players could play and which couldn't. Like most, I was excited about Bo and all the Shockey comparisons. When I asked my friend about him specifically he flat told me he doesn't stand out at all and probably wouldn't play much. Now, you can call me a liar and not believe anything I'm typing. That's fine. You can chose not to believe any of the media reports regarding him and his inability to stand out in practices too. That's your opinion. Like I said, it's possible he put in a bunch of work and improved but that's a tough call as he's only played against poor competition. I think it's fair to say most would be surprised if he becomes an NFL regular.

I'm not going to call you a liar about your friend in the equipment room. I just don't trust some guy cleaning jockstraps to tell me if a guy can play or not. On top of that, anyone associated with the team at the time was likely parrotting **** that they would hear from the dopey Folden regime.

I don't remember all of these independent reports from guys watching practice because almost every practice was closed to the media. They'd see the first 15 minutes while guys stretched.

I trust absolutely NOTHING that flowed from the Folden era. Zero. They were a cornucopia of errors, so why the fck would I ever trust that they could judge the talent on their own roster? I trust nothing that any of those incompetent morons did while they were here.

Sandland was a player everywhere he's ever been with lots of acclaim. The only time he wasn't was the few months he was here. Makes no sense.

A family friend was a member of the equipment staff while Sandland was enrolled at Miami. He worked every practice and saw which players could play and which couldn't. Like most, I was excited about Bo and all the Shockey comparisons. When I asked my friend about him specifically he flat told me he doesn't stand out at all and probably wouldn't play much. Now, you can call me a liar and not believe anything I'm typing. That's fine. You can chose not to believe any of the media reports regarding him and his inability to stand out in practices too. That's your opinion. Like I said, it's possible he put in a bunch of work and improved but that's a tough call as he's only played against poor competition. I think it's fair to say most would be surprised if he becomes an NFL regular.

****, so no pics/vids of practice?

Franchise, I can see your perspective. You can believe what you want. Golden and co. definitely don't deserve the benefit of the doubt. So, I won't argue that. I'm strictly going by what I was told and what's been reported. It wouldn't be the first time a player who was talented sat the bench. Although, usually those guys were guys who didn't "buy in" to the Golden philosophy. Beau wasn't one of those guys. He actually did get some playing time as a second TE but I believe he only caught maybe 8 or 9 passes in a season.

Advertisement
Also, I'm not really sure why you guys are so high on him. One 25 catch juco season and one 35 catch FCS season? I mean, there's been plenty of juco guys who were highly touted but never really cut it in FBS. Are you guys really ****ed about Jerome Washington?

All I know, is that his athletic profile displayed at the combine far exceeds any and all insider reports on him while he was here. Constantly told he was slow and not athletic enough to play here and that his tape at whatever JUCO he was at, was clearly the result of him playing inferior competition.

While all of the above may be true, what I know now, is that his athletic profile is similar to Clive Walford and Dallas Clark. So, maybe some of the analysis of Sandland was a bit off while he was here, at least in regard to his athleticism, which was a constant issue.

I'm not going to call you a liar about your friend in the equipment room. I just don't trust some guy cleaning jockstraps to tell me if a guy can play or not. On top of that, anyone associated with the team at the time was likely parrotting **** that they would hear from the dopey Folden regime.

I don't remember all of these independent reports from guys watching practice because almost every practice was closed to the media. They'd see the first 15 minutes while guys stretched.

I trust absolutely NOTHING that flowed from the Folden era. Zero. They were a cornucopia of errors, so why the fck would I ever trust that they could judge the talent on their own roster? I trust nothing that any of those incompetent morons did while they were here.

Sandland was a player everywhere he's ever been with lots of acclaim. The only time he wasn't was the few months he was here. Makes no sense.

that locker room and staff was controlled mayhem. If a player did not fit the "agenda" he was tossed onto the trash pile hoping he would bail. The problem was the agenda. It was in lockdown all of the time and the only info that was "leaked" was often BS. All it got was 8 years of HC wasted salary. Those coaches were collecting paychecks while shrouding the program in mystery. Anyone want those 8 years back? In the meantime the South Florida "journalists" acted like a bunch of suck ups. Never demanded access. Never dug down when the program went into the shyter.

BTW, Beau was noticed at the combine. Hard to believe he won't actually get drafted.

All I know, is that his athletic profile displayed at the combine far exceeds any and all insider reports on him while he was here. Constantly told he was slow and not athletic enough to play here and that his tape at whatever JUCO he was at, was clearly the result of him playing inferior competition.

While all of the above may be true, what I know now, is that his athletic profile is similar to Clive Walford and Dallas Clark. So, maybe some of the analysis of Sandland was a bit off while he was here, at least in regard to his athleticism, which was a constant issue.
Sandland ran 4.74 with inconsistent hands, ok blocking technique, and good route running not great just good. Clive and Asante didn't have any problems like he did

Advertisement

Sandland ran 4.74 with inconsistent hands, ok blocking technique, and good route running not great just good. Clive and Asante didn't have any problems like he did

We're just talking about athletic profile. Your post doesn't even relate to what my point is.

Biggest critique by the insiders was that he just wasn't athletic enough. Combine profile says he was.

I'm not saying we can or should wipe our asses with the rest of analysis of Sandland here, but what I'm saying was, their hot takes aren't lining up with what has a happened when the field is equal.

We're just talking about athletic profile. Your post doesn't even relate to what my point is.

Biggest critique by the insiders was that he just wasn't athletic enough. Combine profile says he was.

I'm not saying we can or should wipe our asses with the rest of analysis of Sandland here, but what I'm saying was, their hot takes aren't lining up with what has a happened when the field is equal.
I thinks you need to hope in my combine thread and read where DMoney said Athletism wasn't his problem but confidence was

I thinks you need to hope in my combine thread and read where DMoney said Athletism wasn't his problem but confidence was

once again, we had closed practices for the most part so any "analysis" on sandland would be based on talking to coaches and or other staff. so if you want to trust anything that came out of the former regime's mouth, you can. but i sure as **** don't

Am I the only one that is annoyed that there is still a Z in the last name of this thread? Can someone please fix this?

Advertisement
Road to the Combine: TE Beau Sandland's gamble on himself is paying off - BN Blitz

ex Hurricane who was run off of the team. Now he is at the NFL combine.

Road to the Combine: TE Beau Sandland's gamble on himself is paying off

"I just felt like I wasn’t getting a fair crack at it," Sandland said. "I knew what type of player I was and what type of player I could be in the right opportunity at the right place. That wasn’t Miami. ... I didn’t want to be one of those guys in five, 10 years looking back saying ‘Coulda, woulda, shoulda.’ I didn’t want to sit there as a third-string tight end. That wasn’t who I was. So I decided to take control of my own destiny. My future."...

This tight end prospect is still as confident as he was when he left Miami behind.

"If you want things to happen, you have to take advantage of it," he said. "You have to do it. You can’t just sit back and expect it to happen."

Larry Scott told Sandland he would never play at Miami, for the wrong reason. That is a fact.

Why???

Because he's a ginger???
So is Jimmy Graham. Sandlands was mediocre..

I knew he would test reasonably well at the combine. His measureables are what got him the invite. He's got good size and strength and solid straight line speed. His issue is that all his on field accomplishments have been against players who are physically inferior. It's like a varsity guy dominating the JV team.

Am I the only one that is annoyed that there is still a Z in the last name of this thread? Can someone please fix this?

Yes please do so. I made a fat finger typo when I typed it but the edit function does not allow headline fixes. The typo is sort of like Beau's career. Mischaracterized and ignored.

Advertisement

I saw the practices. He didn't do anything. And there were three open scrimmages that year. One in Naples, one in Hialeah, and the spring game. Did anyone else hype him up? He never generated hype because he didn't make plays.

The reason Beau didn't succeed here is simple. (1) The two guys ahead of him were better; (2) he was the worst blocker in the group and wasn't a good enough receiver to make up for it; and (3) he didn't make plays in practice. It's not that complicated. I think he's better than he showed because he did carry himself like a guy who lost confidence and was uncomfortable in this environment. But that's not the staff's fault.

He was good in JUCO because his competition sucked and he was a lot better. Similar story at Montana. I suspect his NFL experience will be a lot more similar to his Miami experience. Maybe he pulls a Chase Ford, but Chase Ford at least made plays in practice.

=

He is nowhere in the same universe athletically as Clive Walford and Dallas Clark. Of course he ran a solid 40. We knew that coming out of JUCO. His problem was quickness and separation in pads.

When you are a terrible blocker, you need to be a matchup problem. He wasn't.

I saw the practices. He didn't do anything. And there were three open scrimmages that year. One in Naples, one in Hialeah, and the spring game. Did anyone else hype him up? He never generated hype because he didn't make plays.

The reason Beau didn't succeed here is simple. (1) The two guys ahead of him were better; (2) he was the worst blocker in the group and wasn't a good enough receiver to make up for it; and (3) he didn't make plays in practice. It's not that complicated. I think he's better than he showed because he did carry himself like a guy who lost confidence and was uncomfortable in this environment. But that's not the staff's fault.

He was good in JUCO because his competition sucked and he was a lot better. Similar story at Montana. I suspect his NFL experience will be a lot more similar to his Miami experience. Maybe he pulls a Chase Ford, but Chase Ford at least made plays in practice.

This sums it up the best imo. Just because it didn't work here doesn't mean he can't be the number 2 TE on an NFL team. He was behind NFL guys here. He has all the measurables, which is what NFL teams want. He has a shot at the NFL. Teams will want to try to develop him.

**** beau Sandland is a freak, best broad jump, top 3 vert, bench, and 40 for TEs ****!

I always thought he had the talent, Golden is such a joke just bc he isn't a traditional te he doesn't play smh he's a receiving TE all the way.... His juco highlight tape showed that. Why even waist time to recruit him if ur not going to use him?

Advertisement
Back