Anyone remember Beau Sandland?

I knew he would test reasonably well at the combine. His measureables are what got him the invite. He's got good size and strength and solid straight line speed. His issue is that all his on field accomplishments have been against players who are physically inferior. It's like a varsity guy dominating the JV team.

this is Ludacris!!

Advertisement
**** beau Sandland is a freak, best broad jump, top 3 vert, bench, and 40 for TEs ****!

I always thought he had the talent, Golden is such a joke just bc he isn't a traditional te he doesn't play smh he's a receiving TE all the way.... His juco highlight tape showed that. Why even waist time to recruit him if ur not going to use him?
for the fifth time he has inconsistent hands didn't any of you see the combine on tv?? He made some catches and he bodied some, he made two difficult catches in the gauntlet but he dropped 3 easy ones that hit him in the hands

A family friend was a member of the equipment staff while Sandland was enrolled at Miami. He worked every practice and saw which players could play and which couldn't. Like most, I was excited about Bo and all the Shockey comparisons. When I asked my friend about him specifically he flat told me he doesn't stand out at all and probably wouldn't play much. Now, you can call me a liar and not believe anything I'm typing. That's fine. You can chose not to believe any of the media reports regarding him and his inability to stand out in practices too. That's your opinion. Like I said, it's possible he put in a bunch of work and improved but that's a tough call as he's only played against poor competition. I think it's fair to say most would be surprised if he becomes an NFL regular.

I'm not going to call you a liar about your friend in the equipment room. I just don't trust some guy cleaning jockstraps to tell me if a guy can play or not. On top of that, anyone associated with the team at the time was likely parrotting **** that they would hear from the dopey Folden regime.

I don't remember all of these independent reports from guys watching practice because almost every practice was closed to the media. They'd see the first 15 minutes while guys stretched.

I trust absolutely NOTHING that flowed from the Folden era. Zero. They were a cornucopia of errors, so why the fck would I ever trust that they could judge the talent on their own roster? I trust nothing that any of those incompetent morons did while they were here.

Sandland was a player everywhere he's ever been with lots of acclaim. The only time he wasn't was the few months he was here. Makes no sense.

I saw the practices. He didn't do anything. And there were three open scrimmages that year. One in Naples, one in Hialeah, and the spring game. Did anyone else hype him up? He never generated hype because he didn't make plays.

The reason Beau didn't succeed here is simple. (1) The two guys ahead of him were better; (2) he was the worst blocker in the group and wasn't a good enough receiver to make up for it; and (3) he didn't make plays in practice. It's not that complicated. I think he's better than he showed because he did carry himself like a guy who lost confidence and was uncomfortable in this environment. But that's not the staff's fault.

He was good in JUCO because his competition sucked and he was a lot better. Similar story at Montana. I suspect his NFL experience will be a lot more similar to his Miami experience. Maybe he pulls a Chase Ford, but Chase Ford at least made plays in practice.

I don't buy any of that. You saw every practice of his? An he never did anything?

He looked pretty good when he got on the field. And now he's showing athleticism that you said he didn't have. The knock before he got invited to the combine was that he wasn't athletic enough to play at UM. Now that he's showing that to be a sham, the knock has shifted to he wasn't as good as Asante Cleveland and didn't make enough plays in practice.

This is another Folden fckup.

Do people keep forgetting we had Clive ahead of him. Yes I understand running 2 TE sets but no way he was better than Clive...especially when he was here.

Do people keep forgetting we had Clive ahead of him. Yes I understand running 2 TE sets but no way he was better than Clive...especially when he was here.

once again. tired of telling fools. clive being ahead of him has nothing to do with not giving him any looks or at the very least using him as a endzone threat

Advertisement
=
While all of the above may be true, what I know now, is that his athletic profile is similar to Clive Walford and Dallas Clark. So, maybe some of the analysis of Sandland was a bit off while he was here, at least in regard to his athleticism, which was a constant issue.

He is nowhere in the same universe athletically as Clive Walford and Dallas Clark. Of course he ran a solid 40. We knew that coming out of JUCO. His problem was quickness and separation in pads.

When you are a terrible blocker, you need to be a matchup problem. He wasn't.

On the field, may not be the case. However, athletically, he bested Walford in every category at the combine, including agility score (11.43 to 11.89), 20 yard shuttle (4.33 to 4.57), beat him by 4" on the broad jump, .05 in the 40. As for Dallas Clark, most of his results are from Pro Day, but Sandland's numbers are right there.

All of which, needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but, popped some questions for me as to what was going on with this kid. The reports by a lot of outlets for this kid were pretty damning while he was here...as you mentioned, word about him not being up to par athletically was prominent (regardless of hindsight that some are stating). He didn't just pop a strong 40. He will likely have the largest athletic spiderweb graph in the draft at TE. Its a weird outcome, is all.

Sandland looked good on the field against Savannah St. But, so did the cheerleaders. I'm not recalling any other time that he looked good on the field.

He could have transferred to another FBS school and sat out a year. Instead, he transferred to FCS and STILL sat out a year. Unless someone has the inside story on why, it reeks of lack of confidence.

In any case, I wish him the best in the NFL.

People are really trying to find out why he didn't play over a a stud John Mackey finalist arguably the best tight end that year, come on now stop looking for answers bra....

People are really trying to find out why he didn't play over a a stud John Mackey finalist arguably the best tight end that year, come on now stop looking for answers bra....
Buffoons keep attempting to switch the discussion from Folden and Coley being inept for not being able to get anything out of an NFL caliber TE to "why am you guy thinking he shood has played insted of Clyde Wilfork bra?".

Advertisement
He just wasn't good here against higher competition. Period. I thought he would be good when we got him but he didn't capitalize on his opportunity to shine and prove himself.

he wasnt that good. He seemed overmatched..when i saw him. Was easily guarded by our lbs....lol at saying he is more ath;letic than clive and the combine shows....

when the pads went on he played like a lil kid....which is why he went DOWN to Montana State...**** he wouldnt have logged time THIS year at Miami over Njoku,Dobard, Herndon...get off this shirts n shorts combine sh*t...theres a ninja in the combine that went to Broward College last semester...TE group is weak..and Sandleand had the prerequisite size....he then went on to SHOW up at combine...now what will he do IN CAMP after he is drafted...my gut says revert to exactly how he has always done with the rise in comp...

So if he gets drafted, do we count him in the final numbers for UM players drafted in 2016?

Advertisement
A family friend was a member of the equipment staff while Sandland was enrolled at Miami. He worked every practice and saw which players could play and which couldn't. Like most, I was excited about Bo and all the Shockey comparisons. When I asked my friend about him specifically he flat told me he doesn't stand out at all and probably wouldn't play much. Now, you can call me a liar and not believe anything I'm typing. That's fine. You can chose not to believe any of the media reports regarding him and his inability to stand out in practices too. That's your opinion. Like I said, it's possible he put in a bunch of work and improved but that's a tough call as he's only played against poor competition. I think it's fair to say most would be surprised if he becomes an NFL regular.

I'm not going to call you a liar about your friend in the equipment room. I just don't trust some guy cleaning jockstraps to tell me if a guy can play or not. On top of that, anyone associated with the team at the time was likely parrotting **** that they would hear from the dopey Folden regime.

I don't remember all of these independent reports from guys watching practice because almost every practice was closed to the media. They'd see the first 15 minutes while guys stretched.

I trust absolutely NOTHING that flowed from the Folden era. Zero. They were a cornucopia of errors, so why the fck would I ever trust that they could judge the talent on their own roster? I trust nothing that any of those incompetent morons did while they were here.

Sandland was a player everywhere he's ever been with lots of acclaim. The only time he wasn't was the few months he was here. Makes no sense.

I saw the practices. He didn't do anything. And there were three open scrimmages that year. One in Naples, one in Hialeah, and the spring game. Did anyone else hype him up? He never generated hype because he didn't make plays.

The reason Beau didn't succeed here is simple. (1) The two guys ahead of him were better; (2) he was the worst blocker in the group and wasn't a good enough receiver to make up for it; and (3) he didn't make plays in practice. It's not that complicated. I think he's better than he showed because he did carry himself like a guy who lost confidence and was uncomfortable in this environment. But that's not the staff's fault.

He was good in JUCO because his competition sucked and he was a lot better. Similar story at Montana. I suspect his NFL experience will be a lot more similar to his Miami experience. Maybe he pulls a Chase Ford, but Chase Ford at least made plays in practice.

I don't buy any of that. You saw every practice of his? An he never did anything?

He looked pretty good when he got on the field. And now he's showing athleticism that you said he didn't have. The knock before he got invited to the combine was that he wasn't athletic enough to play at UM. Now that he's showing that to be a sham, the knock has shifted to he wasn't as good as Asante Cleveland and didn't make enough plays in practice.

FINALLY, REASONABLENESS!

he wasnt that good. He seemed overmatched..when i saw him. Was easily guarded by our lbs....lol at saying he is more ath;letic than clive and the combine shows....

when the pads went on he played like a lil kid....which is why he went DOWN to Montana State...**** he wouldnt have logged time THIS year at Miami over Njoku,Dobard, Herndon...get off this shirts n shorts combine sh*t...theres a ninja in the combine that went to Broward College last semester...TE group is weak..and Sandleand had the prerequisite size....he then went on to SHOW up at combine...now what will he do IN CAMP after he is drafted...my gut says revert to exactly how he has always done with the rise in comp...

him going to montana state has nothing to do with anything. many talented players who transfer go to smaller schools bc the transferring process is easier. isah crowell and that talented former uf corner i can't remember are just a few that i can quickly think of at the moment. you can't tell me a dude his size with his athleticism couldn't of been used better at the COLLEGE LEVEL. you guys act like a guy needs to be a probowler in the nfl to be productive in college when hundreds of guys every year prove that baseless theory wrong. you guys are forgetting that even clive was underutilized by our staff who for whatever reason refused to use the middle of the field or throw to their tightends in the red zone.

is DMoney referring to the scrimmages where nobody on the team looked good bc i'm not sure how much you can learn from that. i saw him at our spring game and he looked just as athletic as the other two but the play calling and abysmal execution by our team didn't really showcase anyone's skills.

Advertisement

him going to montana state has nothing to do with anything. many talented players who transfer go to smaller schools bc the transferring process is easier. isah crowell and that talented former uf corner i can't remember are just a few that i can quickly think of at the moment. you can't tell me a dude his size with his athleticism couldn't of been used better at the COLLEGE LEVEL. you guys act like a guy needs to be a probowler in the nfl to be productive in college when hundreds of guys every year prove that baseless theory wrong. you guys are forgetting that even clive was underutilized by our staff who for whatever reason refused to use the middle of the field or throw to their tightends in the red zone.

Guys transfer to FCS schools all the time. It's because they don't have to sit out a year. However, Sandland transferred to an FCS school AND redshirted there. So if he was willing to sit out a year, why not transfer to another FBS school?

Guys transfer to FCS schools all the time. It's because they don't have to sit out a year. However, Sandland transferred to an FCS school AND redshirted there. So if he was willing to sit out a year, why not transfer to another FBS school?

idk. do you know the exact reason why he redshirted? and if you're insinuating that he was afraid of competition then why is he at the combine and trying to play in the NFL?

Last edited:
Probably because NFL players, even the lowest paid ones, make a lot of money.
It's very possible that playing well against FCS competition gave him some of the confidence back that he obviously had lost at Miami. There's something there that just doesn't add up. OK, he comes to Miami and decides he doesn't like the coaches or that he's not getting a fair shake and decides to transfer. So, he transfers to an FCS program?

idk. do you know the exact reason why he redshirted? and if you're insinuating that he was afraid of competition then why is he at the combine and trying to play in the NFL?
All I know is that he wasn't injured. He practiced, but didn't play. Here is a cut from a Bozeman newspaper on his transfer
.On Wednesday, Perkins’ sentiment was likely strengthened with the arrival of Miami transfer Beau Sandland.

MSU confirmed that Sandland was enrolled in classes, ending days of speculation surrounding the highly ranked tight end who played one season with the Hurricanes after transferring from PierceJunior College outside Los Angeles.

“He’s going to start practicing Thursday afternoon. He’ll be ready to go,” Ash said during the Big Sky coaches teleconference Wednesday morning. “We’re very excited to have him.”

Sandland will redshirt this fall and have one year of eligibility remaining.

Unable to crack the rotation at tight end after fall camp, Sandland asked Miami head coach Al Golden to be released from his scholarship.

Advertisement
Back