Anyone remember Beau Sandland?

SouthpawX

Thunderdome
Road to the Combine: TE Beau Sandland's gamble on himself is paying off - BN Blitz

ex Hurricane who was run off of the team. Now he is at the NFL combine.

Road to the Combine: TE Beau Sandland's gamble on himself is paying off

"I just felt like I wasn’t getting a fair crack at it," Sandland said. "I knew what type of player I was and what type of player I could be in the right opportunity at the right place. That wasn’t Miami. ... I didn’t want to be one of those guys in five, 10 years looking back saying ‘Coulda, woulda, shoulda.’ I didn’t want to sit there as a third-string tight end. That wasn’t who I was. So I decided to take control of my own destiny. My future."...

This tight end prospect is still as confident as he was when he left Miami behind.

"If you want things to happen, you have to take advantage of it," he said. "You have to do it. You can’t just sit back and expect it to happen."

Larry Scott told Sandland he would never play at Miami, for the wrong reason. That is a fact.

Advertisement
Road to the Combine: TE Beau Sandland's gamble on himself is paying off - BN Blitz

"I just felt like I wasn’t getting a fair crack at it," Sandland said. "I knew what type of player I was and what type of player I could be in the right opportunity at the right place. That wasn’t Miami. ... I didn’t want to be one of those guys in five, 10 years looking back saying ‘Coulda, woulda, shoulda.’ I didn’t want to sit there as a third-string tight end. That wasn’t who I was. So I decided to take control of my own destiny. My future."...

This tight end prospect is still as confident as he was when he left Miami behind.

"If you want things to happen, you have to take advantage of it," he said. "You have to do it. You can’t just sit back and expect it to happen."

Larry Scott told Sandland he would never play at Miami, for the wrong reason. That is a fact.

Why???

Because he's a ginger???

Whoa! Wait, hole up! huh? Explain please. Never heard this info.

He had some talent no doubt but he was never better than a 3rd option on this team. With a very limited resume which is mostly comprised against sub par competition he's got an uphill battle. To be the best you have to beat the best.

I wouldn't rag on any kid that played for Golden. Everything Golden did would suppress talent and any potential talent. One would never realize their full potential with idiots like Goldofrito as their leaders. Hope the kid does well at the NFL combine.

Advertisement
Good luck to Sandland. He moved on and it seems he's trying to make the most of it....

He probably should have been the second tight but let's be real Miami had an elite talent at tightend the years he was here...

Advertisement
saw him in a couple of practices was really over hyped coming out, he had good hands but thats it couldn't get any separation from any of our back up LBs

I guess Southpaw feels like he can start sharing some of the things O'Donnell's dad told him on CaneInsider ...

Advertisement
If Chase Ford can make it in the league, I think this dude just may too. I thought he was gonna be decent here but it didn't work out. Good luck to him.

Advertisement

Why???

Because he's a ginger???

There was a peaking order. Best player didn't necessarily play.

Why???

Because he's a ginger???

There was a peaking order. Best player didn't necessarily play.

So freaking glad that nut case isn't running this program anymore.

Into his senior year, Sandland was told he was a non-qualifier by his academic advisers. Whereas most JUCO players are JUCO players due to poor SAT scores, failing classes or a rough overall GPA, Sandland simply took the wrong classes. As a junior, he was in general English and Science classes instead of the clearinghouse-required CP (College Prep) English and CP Science classes.

How the **** do you not notice that you're taking the same classes in your junior year, that you took in your freshman year? Kid's FOS.

Advertisement
Back