Anyone hear anything on this?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone heard anything on this: Cops responding to Richts house due to many pizzas being delivered?

LMAO that's funny but let's not go down that road with Richt he's a good guy a Miami guy just not the right guy for this job! no need to harass him at his own home ( didn't care when / if we did it something like that to Golden! let the old man walk away in peace I'm sure he knows it's over! that's my honest opinion in which I hope he does step down just wish our fans wouldn't be ****s about it and let it take it's course I know we're all ****ed about this season

Advertisement
who can compare herm edwards to JJ? jj was a winner in college and NFL. herm has sucked as a hc

1546055879790.gif

Advertisement
Wouldn't be shocked if Richt chose to step down—considering how close he was to retiring three years ago. Doesn't look like he's enjoying himself out there—and doesn't appear to want to do what it takes to build a contender in 2018. Nor does he want to be pushed to hire an offensive coordinator—preferring to try and push his personal ways.

As for the money, dude wrote a $1M check to UM for the indoor practice facility—so he's certainly not greed-driven.

Could be a rumor—but certainly isn't super far fetched that Richt would retire at this phase of his career as he didn't get any down time after 15 long years in the SEC. The Miami grind is definitely for a younger up-and-comer, or an older guy with a lot of fire. Richt is neither.

I would believe this to be true if he was being paid Al Golden’s salary. But we’re talking 4 million a year. That is hard to walk away from no matter how much money you have stacked. Richt is getting older, this is his last stop, he's has a big family that he’s providing for, I think he’s going to milk this for all it’s worth. I don’t think he wants to do this anymore, else he would act with some urgency. He’s begging to be fired and paid his buyout. This is not the same Richt that was interviewed at the ND game. Hopefully this admin was smart enough to put some clauses in the contract to mitigate the buy out. Knowing Flack James, that limp wrested ***. put no loop holes in contract for leverage in a buy out. The ******* idiot extended him at the end of a 4 game losing streak. James and Richt will be gone within 12 months but it will be costly.

Assuming your source is accurate, I think dino babers and northwestern's coach pat Fitzgerald should get a look.

Fitzgerald is never leaving that gig.
He's from the Chicago area, is a NW alum and all that is demanded from him is to take the team to
a bowl every year.
Relatively little pressure at a program that he can retire to when he wants.
Besides, he would be hated here within 12 months because of his on-field results.

Advertisement
Fitzgerald is never leaving that gig.
He's from the Chicago area, is a NW alum and all that is demanded from him is to take the team to
a bowl every year.
Relatively little pressure at a program that he can retire to when he wants.
Besides, he would be hated here within 12 months because of his on-field results.
neither guy is a fit here. butch, mario, mark stoops, etc those are the guys you look at.

I would believe this to be true if he was being paid Al Golden’s salary. But we’re talking 4 million a year. That is hard to walk away from no matter how much money you have stacked. Richt is getting older, this is his last stop, he's has a big family that he’s providing for, I think he’s going to milk this for all it’s worth. I don’t think he wants to do this anymore, else he would act with some urgency. He’s begging to be fired and paid his buyout. This is not the same Richt that was interviewed at the ND game. Hopefully this admin was smart enough to put some clauses in the contract to mitigate the buy out. Knowing Flack James, that limp wrested ***. put no loop holes in contract for leverage in a buy out. The ******* idiot extended him at the end of a 4 game losing streak. James and Richt will be gone within 12 months but it will be costly.

What if Blake threatens to fire his son if he won’t

I don't want to pretend I know or speak for the Richt family, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who is all about the money.
He has alot of things going on outside of football with his family and faith, so he may not need this as much as people assume
for your typical football coach.
I think he did this gig more to show UGA they were wrong in canning him and probably also to help his son get his career
started (I suspect Butch has similar motivation regarding his son at FIU).
So he may be open to hanging it up before things get really bad.
Not that I am buying into that tweet, which I think I fake news, just that I think Richt is not your typical coach.

Advertisement
Back