Anyone hear anything on this?

neither guy is a fit here. butch, mario, mark stoops, etc those are the guys you look at.

That's probably the list of usual suspects that would get looked at.
Not crazy about that list, it reeks of 3 day old nursing urine, especially Butch, and I'm not crazy about Mark Stoops because, once
again, we have potential concerns of nepotism.

Advertisement
I don't want to pretend I know or speak for the Richt family, but he doesn't strike me as a guy who is all about the money.
He has alot of things going on outside of football with his family and faith, so he may not need this as much as people assume
for your typical football coach.
I think he did this gig more to show UGA they were wrong in canning him and probably also to help his son get his career
started (I suspect Butch has similar motivation regarding his son at FIU).
So he may be open to hanging it up before things get really bad.
Not that I am buying into that tweet, which I think I fake news, just that I think Richt is not your typical coach.
this

Fitzgerald is never leaving that gig.
He's from the Chicago area, is a NW alum and all that is demanded from him is to take the team to
a bowl every year.
Relatively little pressure at a program that he can retire to when he wants.
Besides, he would be hated here within 12 months because of his on-field results.

Agreed, Fitzgerald wouldn't come here, but also not a good fit for Miami. But keep this in mind:

Screenshot_20181228-230929_Chrome.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fitzgerald wouldn’t last 4 games here. He also is a medicore coach. Next

Nah, he's a good coach.
Just not what is needed at UM.
I watched him at a press conference after a loss where some reporters were grilling him a little and he hushed a
reporter, asking him to take a deep breath or something along those lines.
I wonder how this would fly in soFla.
LOL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back