Anyone have a place for me to crash?

I’ve decided that I’m traveling to Miami for the game this weekend and was hoping someone on the board would be kind enough to take me in for a few nights. I don’t know what y’all have going on down there but your hotels are pricey. Airbnb isn’t an option for me due to a misunderstanding.

Don’t worry, I don’t intend to be a free loader. I’m willing to pay a pro-rated share of utilities as long as your home or apartment is reasonably energy efficient and I will bring some frozen corn dogs and other tasty stuff. I threw a party last weekend and someone brought one of those big bags of flavored popcorn that has barely even been opened.

A bed would be ideal but a couch will suffice. Beggars can’t be choosers if you know what I mean. I’m hoping to get a deal by scalping a ticket at the last minute, but will gladly sit with you if you have an extra ticket.

Serious replies only please.

Advertisement
Ah yes, poor Mr Internet Stranger Airbnb was definitely in the wrong. I'd love to hear the story of what happened.

We as a board collectively welcome you. I'm sure all of us who live within 3,000 miles of the stadium will gladly host you.

Advertisement
Awkward Sewing Bee GIF by The Great British Sewing Bee

Miami is going to be tough, but if you’re ever in NY we know a fella who will gladly host you in his bed “free” of charge and will even throw in a fresh bag of popcorn…..provided you’re willing to change your name to Fast Kenneth

Advertisement
I’ve decided that I’m traveling to Miami for the game this weekend and was hoping someone on the board would be kind enough to take me in for a few nights. I don’t know what y’all have going on down there but your hotels are pricey. Airbnb isn’t an option for me due to a misunderstanding.

Don’t worry, I don’t intend to be a free loader. I’m willing to pay a pro-rated share of utilities as long as your home or apartment is reasonably energy efficient and I will bring some frozen corn dogs and other tasty stuff. I threw a party last weekend and someone brought one of those big bags of flavored popcorn that has barely even been opened.

A bed would be ideal but a couch will suffice. Beggars can’t be choosers if you know what I mean. I’m hoping to get a deal by scalping a ticket at the last minute, but will gladly sit with you if you have an extra ticket.

Yes, this guy has plenty of available openings. Feel free to DM him.

1697552059431.png

If I were you I’d just start knocking on doors in Miami Gardens near the stadium. People are super friendly and accommodating there

Advertisement
On a serious note, it’s always dicey to welcome a stranger into your home. For both parties. I would suggest that if you find a willing participant, get to know them as much as possible.

Advertisement
On a serious note, it’s always dicey to welcome a stranger into your home. For both parties. I would suggest that if you find a willing participant, get to know them as much as possible.
Agreed. A boomer I met on a home brewing message board let me stay at his place for a game at UVA a few years ago. His wife made me mow their yard the next day and it was easily over an acre. I’ve been pretty careful about screening hosts since then.

Agreed. A boomer I met on a home brewing message board let me stay at his place for a game at UVA a few years ago. His wife made me mow their yard the next day and it was easily over an acre. I’ve been pretty careful about screening hosts since then.
Mowing the yard, even an acre, was a small price to pay. LOL.

Advertisement
Back