Anybody still think Streeter is coming back?

The book is out on Miller and it isn't changing much. I would agree with PennMed about Miller. He's a 2nd round back at best with his shoulder limitations, durability, consistency, and elite vision, holding him back.

Street has a long way to go. A few games doesn't make a 1st rounder, and he's nowhere close. Now, should he polish off his route-running, improve his hands, improve his strength and technique, then I see him as a possible 1st rounder in a year. Too raw right now.

Advertisement
I never know nowadays but I'd say that they both should return and in fact Streeter needs to more than Miller. I see Miller as a Reggie Bush type back in the pros. He'll never be able to handle 20 carries a game or he'll be hurt in 3 games. But he's fast, he can catch, and he's an explosive threat. If somebody lets him play on third down, run it 8-10 times a game, and return kicks, he'll help them. I would never spend a first round pick on that. The reason I can't argue with him leaving is that he's maxed out IMO. The main problem is durability and next year won't help that and in fact might hurt his stock if he misses 6 games with a bad shoulder or something. Streeter on the other hand needs a lot of improvement. He's scratching the surface. He needs to get a lot stronger, more fluid, and to improve his hands. He's not NFL ready right now. Good corners will abuse him at the line and completely negate him and I'd be surprised if pro guys don't see that. His stock has the potential to increase a lot.
I see you made your way to our "sorry *** board full of racists and trolls" Kick rocks *****

Dude....wrong guy.

He and Miller are gone and both will be picked in the 1st or 2nd round

Love these kinds of posts, they're so common. The formula is [player name] has a good season, thus player is now going to the NFL. So simple.

Contrast and compare to this formula: Player [insert name] just won the Heisman, thus player will be a huge success in the NFL.

Lots of opportunity for reality based responses there.

Next we can talk about coach [insert name] is a great college football coach, thus coach will be a huge success in the NFL.:drevil:

Streeter has had a great year and has made strides as a receiver......hats of to him and the coaching staff. He still does way to many things wrong as a receiver to be a 1st round pick.

He doesn't catch the ball correctly on 90% of his passes (uses his body far to much.....in fact he should have caught that ball against UVA at the end of the game if he used proper technique) and needs to work on his route running.

Big improvement, however, he has a long way to go.

This.

I never know nowadays but I'd say that they both should return and in fact Streeter needs to more than Miller. I see Miller as a Reggie Bush type back in the pros. He'll never be able to handle 20 carries a game or he'll be hurt in 3 games. But he's fast, he can catch, and he's an explosive threat. If somebody lets him play on third down, run it 8-10 times a game, and return kicks, he'll help them. I would never spend a first round pick on that. The reason I can't argue with him leaving is that he's maxed out IMO. The main problem is durability and next year won't help that and in fact might hurt his stock if he misses 6 games with a bad shoulder or something. Streeter on the other hand needs a lot of improvement. He's scratching the surface. He needs to get a lot stronger, more fluid, and to improve his hands. He's not NFL ready right now. Good corners will abuse him at the line and completely negate him and I'd be surprised if pro guys don't see that. His stock has the potential to increase a lot.

I see Lamar Miller along the lines of guys like Jahvid Best or, at peak, a [lesser] version of Jamaal Charles. As you alluded to, I think he's close to his prospect ceiling. I think he's gone.

I think Streeter needs a good amount of work. For as well as he has produced, he still looks awkward at times. His routes still look raw. Since he's a long strider, he has a good amount to work on in the short area and "coming out of breaks" categories. He still fails to consistently attack the ball with even proper technique. I think he'd potentially lose out on millions if he leaves too early.

Advertisement

I see Lamar Miller along the lines of guys like Jahvid Best or, at peak, a [lesser] version of Jamaal Charles. As you alluded to, I think he's close to his prospect ceiling. I think he's gone.

I think Streeter needs a good amount of work. For as well as he has produced, he still looks awkward at times. His routes still look raw. Since he's a long strider, he has a good amount to work on in the short area and "coming out of breaks" categories. He still fails to consistently attack the ball with even proper technique. I think he'd potentially lose out on millions if he leaves too early.

More so than the usual "player X is going to the NFL" after one good year stuff his makes sense to me. If the expected commits sign LOI's then Miller's stock may recede into the shadows of a better player. I want Miller to succeed, but I think he benefits from getting a little bigger, tougher, and more seasoned, but it may be in his best $$$ interests to go NFL if the projected round is high enough (#1 not likely).

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Interesting thread; some great points made.

I obviously HOPE both stay, but I honestly wouldn't be too surprised either way.

If you can go in the first three rounds, do it. I don't see either getting better coaching here than they would in the NFL.

Miller will go first round and be gone. Bigger Jamaal Charles. He won't get past Green Bay.

Streeter needs to come back and continue to expand his skill set, which he has been doing weekly.

Advertisement
Miller will go first round and be gone. Bigger Jamaal Charles. He won't get past Green Bay.

Streeter needs to come back and continue to expand his skill set, which he has been doing weekly.

I agree that Miller is a bigger Charles, but do you think that the way that the NFL picks and prods at these kids that his shoulder issues won't knock him out of the 1st round?

Agree with this, amd well put. I expect miller will return but I'd understand if he didn't.

Streeter needs to learn to catch with his hands before he can even think about the NFL
+1. Simple as that. He needs to improve his hands. He is creating so much separation that is not fair for a college CB. Best WR since Andre and is not close

I really really hope (for selfish reasons) that Miller chooses to come back...but I agree with what you're saying.

Advertisement
I agree that Miller is a bigger Charles, but do you think that the way that the NFL picks and prods at these kids that his shoulder issues won't knock him out of the 1st round?

The shoulder will knock Miller down a bit. But at the end of the day, his resume is too strong. You know he's going to set the combine on fire, and he's been highly productive as a starter at Miami.

Even as running backs get devalued, running backs with speed are still in demand. Two years ago, CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews and Jahvid Best all went first round. According to Los, Alonzo Highsmith (Green Bay scout) considers Miller a first round lock.

If the shoulder causes Miller to slip, Green Bay makes too much sense as a landing spot. Imagine that offense with the Truth lined up next to Rogers and everybody spread out.

The shoulder will knock Miller down a bit. But at the end of the day, his resume is too strong. You know he's going to set the combine on fire, and he's been highly productive as a starter at Miami.

Even as running backs get devalued, running backs with speed are still in demand. Two years ago, CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews and Jahvid Best all went first round. According to Los, Alonzo Highsmith (Green Bay scout) considers Miller a first round lock.

If the shoulder causes Miller to slip, Green Bay makes too much sense as a landing spot. Imagine that offense with the Truth lined up next to Rogers and everybody spread out.

That would just be unfair.

I still think that Miller needs to prove a couple things in order to be considered a "complete" back though - I don't know his capabilities as a receiver out of the backfield because we don't really use him much that way, and I think he has some work to do as a blocker.

However, it surely would be in his best interests to make that money and learn how to block rather than wait for his shoulder to get worse while learning how to block.

Advertisement
Streeter coming back would be huge for us. A QB coming in and throwing to Street/Hurns/Dorsett in addition to Walford has a great set of weapons who should become extremely reliable, big targets (sans Dorsett who just isn't big). Should make the transition much easier for Morris/Williams.

I remain a little less high on Miller than others, but D's right, he'll get picked high regardless of what I think. He should probably go.

This is kind of another point of emphasis. Not that I don't agree with your assessment and especially Highsmith's, but these three "speed" backs you named aren't exactly tearing it up in the league; although Mathews has been hurt and Best has shown flashes. Seems that more and more teams aren't getting the value out of a lot of first round RB's lately going back to Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams in 2005 and Reggie Bush in 2006.

I guess I'm just saying if I was an NFL GM, I'd look at that little shoulder brace that Miller wears and combine that with the short shelf life of RB's in the NFL these days and it would scare the **** out of me. But then again, I also guess that's why I'm not a GM. But Green Bay is going to be picking toward the bottom of the draft, so I guess it wouldn't be that big of a gamble.

However, you're dead on about the combine. I have a feeling that Miller is going to make jaws drop with his skill set and speed. Doesn't hurt that UM has a real good track record with RB's either.

Advertisement
Back