Anybody else concerned about these NIL deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This take is completely detached from reality. Don’t even claim to be from Miami because there’s no way you grew up here.
Nah…I ain’t from Miami. I’m from Duval county, where we tend to navigate reality using logic and common sense. Everything I said is factual- deal with, digest and discuss- period. We can do that without the “hoe like” tendencies (shooting birds and other *****-like **** 🙄). Look. Anybody who would argue against someone saying “there are going to be more and more top kids, who are getting paid millions before they hit college, that will ultimately lose the drive to reach their full athletic potential” either has an agenda or had their fck’g head in the sand? Facts.
Now….riddle me this, Batman…what does the above statement have to do with “professional” athletes who are not enrolled in an academic institution on a quid pro quo basis? Moreover, how does one make the leap-based on the above statement- that I don’t want these kids to get paid? Someone please explain this to me? LOL.

Advertisement
Nah…I ain’t from Miami. I’m from Duval county, where we tend to navigate reality using logic and common sense. Everything I said is factual- deal with, digest and discuss- period. We can do that without the “hoe like” tendencies (shooting birds and other *****-like **** 🙄). Look. Anybody who would argue against someone saying “there are going to be more and more top kids, who are getting paid millions before they hit college, that will ultimately lose the drive to reach their full athletic potential” either has an agenda or had their fck’g head in the sand? Facts.
Now….riddle me this, Batman…what does the above statement have to do with “professional” athletes who are not enrolled in an academic institution on a quid pro quo basis? Moreover, how does one make the leap-based on the above statement- that I don’t want these kids to get paid? Someone please explain this to me? LOL.
I’m trying to formulate a ‘factual’ and ‘logical’ answer but I’m a bit lost. you’re responding to multiple people through me because Half of the things you just addressed, I never said in the first place.

I don’t know what all that talk about Batman and agendas is.

I don’t agree with labeling kids as easily manipulated, father figure lacking, one dimensional characters who need to be driven though through financial desperation. I believe in empowering them.

Historically before NIL they end up going to an $ec school for a bag and live in some **** town filled with regret. However despite getting a bag, still had enough hunger and drive to win nattys and go to the NFL. Now with NIL they get to think more clearly and have more control over their lives instead of feeling shamed and like they owe somebody something. Aka a handler or hanger on, whoever. Make sense or no?

Miles Brennan with LSU had like 4 different NIL deals, one of them giving him a Ford truck to drive. He just walked away from the team when it was announced he will not be starting, but he gets to keep the deals bc they are not and cannot be performance based. I think the only worry should be from the company who is taking on the athlete based on risk/reward, not worried about "the dog" one bit.
just seeing how old he is (23). I dont blame him for stepping away. hes got family money and his own money and NFL isnt gonna happen. he can just sit back and enjoy the last year at LSU hanging out

I’m trying to formulate a ‘factual’ and ‘logical’ answer but I’m a bit lost. you’re responding to multiple people through me because Half of the things you just addressed, I never said in the first place.

I don’t know what all that talk about Batman and agendas is.

I don’t agree with labeling kids as easily manipulated, father figure lacking, one dimensional characters who need to be driven though through financial desperation. I believe in empowering them.

Historically before NIL they end up going to an $ec school for a bag and live in some **** town filled with regret. However despite getting a bag, still had enough hunger and drive to win nattys and go to the NFL. Now with NIL they get to think more clearly and have more control over their lives instead of feeling shamed and like they owe somebody something. Aka a handler or hanger on, whoever. Make sense or no?
Listen, brother. I will NEVER divorce myself from reality. Fact: most “kids” are generally more susceptible to being manipulated by adults who generally tend to be more savvy”. Fact: a large number of these kids come from homes in which the father is not in the home”. We are NOT doing this today, my friend. We don’t get to reference (or not reference in this particular case) certain, well documented “ills” within the the black community to suit our purposes - whether it be to “win” a discussion on a fck’g message board or for any other nefarious purposes. And as far as “Labeling these kids as one dimensional”??? Lol, that’s the very premise of my contention of “paying these kids this type of money will, inevitably, lead to a number of them taking proverbial foot off the gas”? Why??? Because the label that is ACTUALLY being placed on these kids is the label of “NFL OR BUST” simply because they have the physical ability to play a game at a high level? Here we go. Again… Fact: Many of these kids actually have aspirations of doing something else they may be just as, or maybe even MORE talented at doing. But because OF the money and influence the “business “ of cfb brings, they have traditionally been conditioned (by coaches/handlers and the like) that the NFL is their “ticket” out of their current situation and thus, the subsequent drive to make it to the NFL is NOT necessarily because they want a gold jacket, but rather because they see it as a means to improve their family’s fortunes. Facts. Furthermore, logic and fact often exist as brothers-or at the very least-first cousins? Usually facts are derived by the application of logic, and logically, the topic of discussion is, at the very least, viable.

Advertisement
Listen, brother. I will NEVER divorce myself from reality. Fact: most “kids” are generally more susceptible to being manipulated by adults who generally tend to be more savvy”. Fact: a large number of these kids come from homes in which the father is not in the home”. We are NOT doing this today, my friend. We don’t get to reference (or not reference in this particular case) certain, well documented “ills” within the the black community to suit our purposes - whether it be to “win” a discussion on a fck’g message board or for any other nefarious purposes. And as far as “Labeling these kids as one dimensional”??? Lol, that’s the very premise of my contention of “paying these kids this type of money will, inevitably, lead to a number of them taking proverbial foot off the gas”? Why??? Because the label that is ACTUALLY being placed on these kids is the label of “NFL OR BUST” simply because they have the physical ability to play a game at a high level? Here we go. Again… Fact: Many of these kids actually have aspirations of doing something else they may be just as, or maybe even MORE talented at doing. But because OF the money and influence the “business “ of cfb brings, they have traditionally been conditioned (by coaches/handlers and the like) that the NFL is their “ticket” out of their current situation and thus, the subsequent drive to make it to the NFL is NOT necessarily because they want a gold jacket, but rather because they see it as a means to improve their family’s fortunes. Facts. Furthermore, logic and fact often exist as brothers-or at the very least-first cousins? Usually facts are derived by the application of logic, and logically, the topic of discussion is, at the very least, viable.
Don’t need to win on message boards. Just my two cents. Just because I may not agree with the wording of your op doesn’t mean it’s personal. It’s all Cane family always.
Too much money and power at a young age can be destructive and bring out the worst for some, and for others it can empower them and clarify thier vision and thinking. I think a lot of it comes come down to influence as well as each player’s individual character.
I want nothing more than for specifically our team to play with that ‘dog’ and the ‘edge’ within themselves that greatness is often created from.
My point is that I’m dealing with the current nature of the reality of the cfb business I would prefer for players to have control through NIL and be able to profit of if it like everyone else instead of having to rely on bag men.

Don’t need to win on message boards. Just my two cents. Just because I may not agree with the wording of your op doesn’t mean it’s personal. It’s all Cane family always.
Too much money and power at a young age can be destructive and bring out the worst for some, and for others it can empower them and clarify thier vision and thinking. I think a lot of it comes come down to influence as well as each player’s individual character.
I want nothing more than for specifically our team to play with that ‘dog’ and the ‘edge’ within themselves that greatness is often created from.
My point is that I’m dealing with the current nature of the reality of the cfb business I would prefer for players to have control through NIL and be able to profit of if it like everyone else instead of having to rely on bag men.

This is a nice, respectful place to end this thread. GJ.

KIRBYYYY SMARRRT??

This dude has been around players being bagged up his WHOOOOOLLLLEEE Coaching career. **** he brought the bagging full circle in the lil A when Richt left.
Yeah I think Kirby is an absolute hypocrite and he literally signed his new contract the day after making the comment about whether 18 year olds could handle that much money.
But this issue will play out. and frankly, whether a kid does well or poorly with his NIL money, it’s his money to do with it as he pleases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back