Anybody else concerned about these NIL deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivercityCane

Banned
Banned
Taking the “dog” out of a lot of these kids? I mean…we all know money merely exacerbates existing character traits/flaws and many of these kids are naturally immature, selfish, self aggrandizing and entitled-you know, your typical “today’s teen”. Add to the mix the oft lack of, in many cases, an “in tact” home structure- rife with coaches, handlers and hanger-on’s serving as surrogate fathers.

If signing a lucrative NIL deal becomes the new end game for a lot of these kids before they hit college campuses, are we really going to get the very best out of them if they’ve “already made it” and “got mamma out of the hood”?

Advertisement
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Taking the “dog” out of a lot of these kids? I mean…we all know money merely exacerbates existing character traits/flaws and many of these kids are naturally immature, selfish, self aggrandizing and entitled-you know, your typical “today’s teen”. Add to the mix the oft lack of, in many cases, an “in tact” home structure- rife with coaches, handlers and hanger-on’s serving as surrogate fathers.

If signing a lucrative NIL deal becomes the new end game for a lot of these kids before they hit college campuses, are we really going to get the very best out of them if they’ve “already made it” and “got mamma out of the hood”?
nah they earned it.

the diff is now tho we gotta get more than just Ruiz on the NIL game for UM. also we need to get our own collective going bc its not sustainable for businesses to throw money at kids

Uhhh...not as problematic as you think.

Statistically speaking, the second NFL contract is frequently the last contract for many pro football players, so maybe that's the point where motivation diminishes.

But the NIL deals are just precursors to BIGGER money if these guys handle their business correctly. It's not "retire-and-buy-an-island" money.

Advertisement

@RVACane Maude Cway could make these dumb *** porsts disappear. Smh.

You are getting the reaction you had to expect…lol, but nobody really knows at this point.

What the **** are they going to point to? The decades of results from NIL college football players showing out or flaming out?

Funny how you didn’t ask “do they deserve it?”….you simply asked if being paid before the work at such a young immature (in most cases) would take the dog out of them. It’s a fair question, yet the reactions were like you were attacking NIL..😂

Still, I believe it is going to prove to be exactly the same. Absent injuries, some just have the drive necessary to reach their NFL dreams, and money or no money, they will get there. Then you have the ones who will be coached up to get to that point, and then of course the flame outs.

Sure there will likely be some that ***** up after making a big pay day. To believe otherwise is naive since it happens to NFL rookies. A 17 year old? Sure it can happen. I don’t believe any of that of is going to change.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are so many unfounded assumptions in the OPs post I just have to smh. What if a recruit doesn't come from 'the hood'. What if 'momma' is financially secure and doesn't need to be saved?

From all accounts, Nicholas Harbors family are mostly college graduates and education will play a role in his final decision. He, while being a top 300 football recruit, also has an opportunity to make the US Olympic track team, if he continues his track training. Your worried that a young man like this will sign an NIL deal and become lazy?

You didn't even proof read your post, but you're worried about others people professionalism?

Miles Brennan with LSU had like 4 different NIL deals, one of them giving him a Ford truck to drive. He just walked away from the team when it was announced he will not be starting, but he gets to keep the deals bc they are not and cannot be performance based. I think the only worry should be from the company who is taking on the athlete based on risk/reward, not worried about "the dog" one bit.

Advertisement

racist-racism.gif

Miles Brennan with LSU had like 4 different NIL deals, one of them giving him a Ford truck to drive. He just walked away from the team when it was announced he will not be starting, but he gets to keep the deals bc they are not and cannot be performance based. I think the only worry should be from the company who is taking on the athlete based on risk/reward, not worried about "the dog" one bit.
If I were a local Ford dealer, I'd surely structure the deal so that it paid as long as you were driving a Ford around the area where I'm located, wouldn't I? Yes, you can't structure the deal based on "performance", but you have to be able to get around that. Bottom line lawyers are involved, so nobody wrote up a contract with no way out if the kid leaves the team.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back