Any friend or family members played College or Pro football....

My cousin played for Miami in the 80s - Bubba McDowell
I grew up around a lot of the former players, especially Hurley Brown who's a close family friend. Used to get invited to the JR day and bbq's around spring. Hung out with Duke John and was there when Deon Bush made his commitment to the []_[]. Brought Earl Moore on a recruiting trip, he committed the same day. Went to school with Rashawn Scott's sister, so I've know him for a while. Been close to the program since a git.
Had dinner with Jerome Bettis, hes my friends dads best friend. Met Eddie Gorge in Orlando outside of the Camping World Stadium when we beat West Virginia. Really cool dude, and f$%king huge!!
I'm cool with Chancey Gardener who just played at Florida, Marcus Maye is also from around the way. Hung out with Chris Johnson a few times downtown Orlando, whole crew is cool af!!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
My brother played for the Ridge, Ball State, and in the arena league for 10 years. Tried out for a few NFL teams but missed out.

My cousin played for Miami in the 80s - Bubba McDowell
I grew up around a lot of the former players, especially Hurley Brown who's a close family friend. Used to get invited to the JR day and bbq's around spring. Hung out with Duke John and was there when Deon Bush made his commitment to the []_[]. Brought Earl Moore on a recruiting trip, he committed the same day. Went to school with Rashawn Scott's sister, so I've know him for a while. Been close to the program since a git.
Had dinner with Jerome Bettis, hes my friends dads best friend. Met Eddie Gorge in Orlando outside of the Camping World Stadium when we beat West Virginia. Really cool dude, and f$%king huge!!
I'm cool with Chancey Gardener who just played at Florida, Marcus Maye is also from around the way. Hung out with Chris Johnson a few times downtown Orlando, whole crew is cool af!!!
You from Tampa? I played with Earl in HS. His first year ever playing football was at the end of his freshman during spring. He was solely a basketball player before that point. Played AAU. The coaches brought him in because he was built solid like a tank and could dunk a basketball.

Last edited:
I respect football players big time. they go threw ****. very hard *** sport. Its funny how some are bullies and use intimidation tactics to put down other folks. U all take care. Your remarks are uncalled for. The U baby, we are going to make it. we are going to be back on track soon.
Dafuq???

If u need a hug, I got plenty.

Advertisement
Gino and Bernie have strong Youngstown connections. G conducted a QB camp at my sons HS and had Bernie and Dors as guests. Camp grew into a skill position camp with Dre King and Terry Kirby participating. Gino is one of UM’s great ambassadors and s good guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I played tennis with a guy who was an Oakland Raiders WR but blew his knee out early on in his career. He barely could finish a set of doubles before he'd start limping and hurting. However, he was a musician and his group had gigs all over Miami and the Keys... haven't seen or heard from him in over a decade.

Gino and Bernie have strong Youngstown connections. G conducted a QB camp at my sons HS and had Bernie and Dors as guests. Camp grew into a skill position camp with Dre King and Terry Kirby participating. Gino is one of IM’s great ambassadors and s good guy.
Gino is among the finest people on the planet.

Advertisement
I played div 1aa college ball- Had 2 high school teammates play int he NFL in the 2000s, with the Steelers and Vikings.

Family Friend- Sony Michel, Phil Dorsett, James White, Ethenic Sands, Charles Johnson (Marlins,UM) BASEBALL),Geno Smith
Friends/Grew up with - Jon Beason, Willie Williams
Family- Cousin caught a ball against us 2 years ago and started at FSU against us @ TE.

Grew up in south florida so cool with a BUNCH of former div 1 players/coaches...cool/coached with current um football staff member.

I played div 1aa college ball- Had 2 high school teammates play int he NFL in the 2000s, with the Steelers and Vikings.

Family Friend- Sony Michel, Phil Dorsett, James White, Ethenic Sands, Charles Johnson (Marlins,UM) BASEBALL),Geno Smith
Family- Cousin caught a ball against us 2 years ago and started at FSU against us @ TE.

Grew up in south florida so cool with a BUNCH of former div 1 players/coaches...cool/coached with current um football staff member.
So there is no excuse for your anemic football acumen...

My grandpa played DT and O line at CAL Berkeley in the late1950s he also played in Canada and 1 or 2 seasons with THA RAIDERS!!!

Advertisement
Late cousin played for the IU Hoosiers, '70-'72, drafted in the eigth round by the Eagles in '73.

Saunders from fsu your peoples? I know you're Bahamian so I figure that's who you're talking about.

Advertisement
Went to SW senior high played with Chickillo clan and been family friends to this day all went to U Miami Tony Sr Buccaneers , Tony Jr presently Steelers, Jamie Boone also SW played also U Miami then Cleveland Browns, Steve Alvers played U Miami then Bills and Giants then taught st Miami Southridge .
Plus many of there fellow Canes and NFL alumni over the years are friends.

GOCANES

Back in the early 80's my Dad was a big supporter of the team, and the players who didn't travel or were hurt would come to our house and watch the away games (we had a huge game room). One time a young 300lb offensive line player sat on one of the couches and broke it in half. At Thanksgiving if there wasn't a game we would have 10-12 players at the house. During the summer usually 2 or 3 guys would do work (wink wink) around the house, we actually played a lot of golf - Danny Brown and Juan Commadero (sp?) are the 2 I remember the most. Also my brother's father in law is the great Don Bosseler.

I'm from Dade so I'm cool with a lot of D1/NFL guys. I grew up with 4 dudes that made the league (3 Canes). Me, Willis, Nuke, and Javon Nanton all lived within 12-13 blocks of each other. Willis' crib is around the corner from Tyson's grandparents house. ****, my mom and Nuke's mom were pregnant with us at Springs High at the same time. As far as blood relatives go, on my mom's side, the most known ones would be Ty, and Lorenzo Hampton, former **** and Fins RB. I also have a cousin named Rashad Anderson who won a NCAA basketball championship for UConn with Emeka Okafor and Ben Gordon. He's also their career leader in 3's. On my pops side, there's Sherman Williams, former Bama and Cowboys RB. Cuz got bammed and went to the Feds after football ended. Ron Hardge III(2018 kid from Gibbons, playing DB for Illinois), and Brandon Graham (dude who stripsacked Brady in last year's SB). All of those guys are my cousins. Also, Clarence "Tootie" Gilbert, a Dillard and Mizzou B-Ball legend is also a cousin on my dad's side.

Advertisement
Back