Any friend or family members played College or Pro football....

I'm friends with Jim Wilson who played on the 2001 National Champs team.
I coached his younger brother in a city basketball league when I was a senior in high school trying to get community service hours. Dude would occasionally come by practice. He was a pretty good basketball player too.

Advertisement
Good friend of mine's dad is Lance Mehl. Played at Penn State and then the NY Jets for around 8-9 years. Made the Pro Bowl once in the mid 80's.

My buddy ben played tight end at ECU when they beat miami.

My friend growing up dad played for the green bay packers and has a superbowl ring.

I coached his younger brother in a city basketball league when I was a senior in high school trying to get community service hours. Dude would occasionally come by practice. He was a pretty good basketball player too.

Oh, OK, cool.

For awhile his season tickets at HardRock Stadium were near mine, and we both also work in the same engineering field.

But he moved to Georgia a few years back and I don't think I've seen him since.

Yeah, he's super tall. I feel like a shrimp walking next to him.

Advertisement
This thread turned out very nicely.

My roommate back in the day played for Marianna high in the panhandle just outside of PC. That school was known for losing but just happened to have a squad that year. They made it to state for the first time in school history. Their opponent? Gulliver Prep. Sean Taylor and Buck Ortega. It didn't end well for Marianna and Cody was on the front page of the paper getting run over by the great ST26. Even as a lame *** noles fan it was at one time his prized possession.

Played in high school against Bert Reed. He played QB. Probably the fastest person I've ever seen that close. I was a scrub and only burned on special teams or when we were blowing someone out but our running back was Enrique Davis who was a former 5 star Auburn and ole Miss reject.

I went to middle school with Greg Jones in Beaufort, SC. Me and him wr real cool down there and he lived down the street from me.

Also went to church with Donnell Bennett and Greg Hill in Kansas City.
Also, have a mutual friend in Tony Temple, hes tight with one of my homies and i met him a few times.

Non football related, Bernard Hopkins is a very close friend to our family and went to grade and high school with my mom, and my dad's little brothers and sisters in Germantown/Mount Airy Philly.

That's amazing.

Love me some executioner.

Didn't know him or see him around much, but makes sense that he wasn't there (at Norland) long. Also never noticed that the QB was a transfer from CC that year. He got bailed out a ton by Duke. Was at both Championship games (2010 loss and the Glorious win) -with the band ofcourse- and that Jefferson loss that motivated Norland to sweep 2011 was very similar to Canes 2001 who knew they should've won the Natty the year prior. Dudes were focused as fck and on a mission for revenge. Wakulla got caught up in that and molly-***ped. They got walked up and down the field after the first quarter was competitive outside of a Duke TD. Duke was a madman throughout the playoffs in 2011 and the 3 TD comeback win against Palmetto will forever be engrained in my memory of how great this dude really was, and how lucky I felt to watch him play. It was also awesome watching a great game for both sides when Norland played against South Fort Meyers....Dallas Crawford and Sammy Watkins would make a wow play and Duke would do the same. But let me stop rambling.

Yep he was there just 1 year. Hima nd the qb transferred over. Duke went ham in the playoffs. My cuz legit should of went div 1 that year..but dude literallys howed up to my house AFTER states and ask me to register him for the ACT....I'm like you aint take that sh*t yet?. I think he ended up going to Edward Waters.,...but he was div 1 size and play for Norland. He had schools look to offer but had no test score.

Advertisement
Back