Antonio Smith commits

Advertisement
Based on?
Dumervil?
Honestly this guy may have ate Denis's spot. We also just offered a bama kid earlier this week as well.

I push at Dumervil, Mincey, Michael Rankins, Walker as instate OT's

Richard Leonard, Trent Howard, Denis can fight it out for an interior spot.

How many ol you guys think we take..4 or 5 i believe.

Need 5 they might take 6 depend if we have the schollys for OL this class im guessing they are still going to try and get Jalen Rivers but he is probably taking the bags, Would love a class of Dumervil, Mincey walker as OT's and Denis or Leonard for interior.

Advertisement
From Rivals article:

"per his high school coach Edwin Farmer he has other solid offers from Auburn, Colorado State, Nebraska and Cincinnati and he also has high interest from Florida State, Florida ("Florida is real high on him," Farmer said), Georgia and Kentucky, among others".

So he has legit Auburn and Nebraska offers, plus lots of other interest. Kid definitely isnt a complete unknown

We return 11 and both Herbert and Dykstra could be on shaky ground if they don't impress the new staff. They should aim for 5 as of now.

I don't mean to bash any player, so I will just say that I am not counting on Dykstra. I had real doubts about him when the o-line factory that is Iowa let a supposed stud lineman leave the state, and have not heard anything to change my mind since.

I'm highly doubting that list is true, but I would feel a little bettter about the commit probably if it was.

Why because our coaches can’t evaluate and we need confirmation from other schools...asking for a friend..

This always amazes me.Its like we don’t trust our own coaches evaluations unless Saban or Smart etc. say they like them too....maybe we should just recruit from the rivals list for the kids with the most/best offers/stars.

Check with Coker as to how well this type recruiting worked.

Advertisement
Why because our coaches can’t evaluate and we need confirmation from other schools...asking for a friend..

This always amazes me.Its like we don’t trust our own coaches evaluations unless Saban or Smart etc. say they like them too....maybe we should just recruit from the rivals list for the kids with the most/best offers/stars.

Check with Coker as to how well this type recruiting worked.
Yeah. I'm sure last year when Zion Nelson came aboard you were like "Yes!!! Who cares that App St is his best offer I trust the coaches!" If these coaches put together a few really nice classes, then okay **** yes I'll trust their eval only. But this is their 1st full year, and in the short time they had to finish the '19 Class they did absolutely nothing outside of Christian Williams because Bama dropped him. And Saban and Smart generally don't offer our players until a year later when they feel like buying them.

Advertisement
Interesting...he was pushing hard for a Florida offer & they didn’t offer..comes here a week later gets an offer & commits.
So now since we give him an offer, UF can come in and scoop him up smh. I hate when kids are waiting on offers from those schools up north. Just like Washington this last cycle.

Yeah. I'm sure last year when Zion Nelson came aboard you were like "Yes!!! Who cares that App St is his best offer I trust the coaches!" If these coaches put together a few really nice classes, then okay **** yes I'll trust their eval only. But this is their 1st full year, and in the short time they had to finish the '19 Class they did absolutely nothing outside of Christian Williams because Bama dropped him. And Saban and Smart generally don't offer our players until a year later when they feel like buying them.

Did nothing? Sorry you make yourself look just like a hater when you say that.

Beating LSU and A&M for Williams was impressive. Beating Penn St for Hunte was impressive. Landing Bolden, Osborne, Martell, Nnorka, Hill, Phillips, and bringing back Thomas in the portal was impressive.

They werent the staff that recruited Nelson anyways, so again, why are you bringing him up. It's Enos and Diaz signing off on the offers now at OL, not Richt

Advertisement
So now since we give him an offer, UF can come in and scoop him up smh. I hate when kids are waiting on offers from those schools up north. Just like Washington this last cycle.

Where did he say he's waiting on a UF offer?

Is there a commitment we can get that wont have people crying about how he'll never stick?

I mean, we all know we need to win to keep most of these kids. I dont get downplaying every commitment though. If we take care of business on the field, keeping guys wont be an issue
FSU really took care of business the last two seasons and swooped in and grabbed 3 kids that were all Miami. It’s just reality but we get what you’re saying.

Most of his teammates are committed there if they offer I think he flips. He probably committed because we're his best offer

Auburn is a pretty good offer, why didnt he commit there?

Also the other Vanguard OT isnt going to UF, so I'm not sure why you think that whole school is Gator locks

Advertisement
Back