Antonio Smith commits

It's sad you have to make **** up to trash the staff.

LSU badly wanted Williams. Yes they had other DBs but they only return 2 CBs on their entire roster. Also, Ward wasnt even a take for them until NSD, when they missed on Williams. A&M and Oregon really wanted him too, so let's hear your excuses there.

And Penn St wanted both Hunte and Ellies. They needed both, it was never one or the other.

You still havent explained how you dont trust this staff's OL evals because of Zion Nelson. It's a completely different staff on offense. What's your explanation there?
Holy ****. You completely and utterly missed the point about Zion Nelson for the 3rd time, that's the explanation

Advertisement
Hunte had been trending our way for longer than you think. Some staffs are aware of their surroundings and if they sense a downturn they take another guy as opposed to being left holding their ****s. The guy they took was from Germany and they offered in January. He committed the same day Hunte did. You really think they took that guy over Hunte? The other DT commit around that time isn't the same type of player as Hunte. That guy is built more like Jalar Holley. Willams visited LSU on the final OV weekend and LSU didn't get a commit from a DB on the weekend before. Jay Ward committed to them on signing day. Before that they hadn't had another DB commit since June of '18

Some people just read Rivals or 247 and think their talent evaluators Fin. I trust what our coaching staff looks at especially when their the ones watching hours upon hours of film, and not just highlights off a kids ha d selected film. I also trust said coaches to know what type of scheme they’re wanting to run versus an armchair OC. Have we hit on OL in the past few years? That remains to be seen. But lumping all coaches into a collective saying that unless a kid has 25 offers and all from P5 schools that a coaching staff doesn’t know what they’re doing speaks of a star gazer and not an evaluator of talent.

Holy ****. You completely and utterly missed the point about Zion Nelson for the 3rd time, that's the explanation

Besides looking at star rankings on recruiting websites, what else are your qualifications regarding how to evaluate/assess talent?

Advertisement
It’s pretty much where football is going , more athletic and maybe not quite as big as they once were.

But he also has a nasty streak, I like his physicality. He’s definitely not just a finesse blocker.

That nasty thing made me think he could switch to DT if need be.

And.....

Last time I checked Kentucky isn’t a 5x champ.

Why is it so difficult to go out and land a top 250 OL? OL has been a week spot here for 15 years. Recruiting and development has been atrocious. We need to start recruiting stud OL if we ever want to get back to the top
Because there arent many near us. If you dont see how that is a problem then I cant help you. Theres only like 1 top 250 Olineman per class in south florida.

Advertisement
I’m really starting to like this kid. He’s commenting on guys pics that are committed to us saying they’re now his brothers and commented on a pic of Diaz saying that’s his family now. Seems to be all In and thankful of the opportunity.
that he likes everyone is the criterion for being a solid eval and good recruit?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I swear, you people will talk up anyone who gives us a look or verbal.

Fact, this recruit isn't that highly regarded at this moment and he's on a team plenty of coaches see.

Why that is, I don't know. I do know that the team right up the street in UF didn't offer for whatever reason and they have to know him better than any other.

I'll hope for the best here while you all sing his praises. Bet this though, if he doesn't end up in this class you'll all downplay the **** out of it and your praises will be like they never happened.

Let it play out, but this is kind of a head scratcher at this point. Congrats to the young man, do your thing, and make believers out of the doubters.

Advertisement
Back