Antonio Smith commits

Yeah. I'm sure last year when Zion Nelson came aboard you were like "Yes!!! Who cares that App St is his best offer I trust the coaches!" If these coaches put together a few really nice classes, then okay **** yes I'll trust their eval only. But this is their 1st full year, and in the short time they had to finish the '19 Class they did absolutely nothing outside of Christian Williams because Bama dropped him. And Saban and Smart generally don't offer our players until a year later when they feel like buying them.

You have to trust that your coaches evaluations are on point if not WTF not just save time and money and recruit off rivals list and go after the kids with the best/most offers.

Someone always has to be the first that offers.Theres been MANY MANY times that we were the first or second to offer and the next thing you know that same kid had offers from 10 other schools before the ink dried on the rivals list.

Are the coaches going to hit on every evaluation? Nope.But either is any other staff.If you can’t trust what YOUR coaches see in a kid and why they want him then I don’t know what to tell you.Maybe the kid fits a scheme our coaches want to run and that doesn’t fit other teams scheme.I sure as fck don’t know and I seriously doubt your knowledgeable enough to know that either .if you are then great and I apologize.

But do I trust this staff and what they’re doing? YEP ! 100%. So if they want to be the first or twenty-first to offer I’ll trust them over CIS recruiting Guru’s.

Advertisement
Did nothing? Sorry you make yourself look just like a hater when you say that.

Beating LSU and A&M for Williams was impressive. Beating Penn St for Hunte was impressive. Landing Bolden, Osborne, Martell, Nnorka, Hill, Phillips, and bringing back Thomas in the portal was impressive.

They werent the staff that recruited Nelson anyways, so again, why are you bringing him up. It's Enos and Diaz signing off on the offers now at OL, not Richt
I brought him up as a perfect example as to why I would feel better in general if a player had decent offers. He didn't, and this board melted when he commited, but now today with this guy it doesn't matter. As for Williams we beat A & M okay. LSU took a guy that played his exact position a week before. We didn't beat the ****tanys for Hunte either. They also took commitments at the exact same position over him the weekend before. As for Manny vs. Richt that had nothing to do with it. He said trust our coaches evals, not just this coach's.

Transfers are transfers. They aren't part of the '19 class. If we were talking about Manny's ability to get transfers then I would say he did a great job to build depth.

You have to trust that your coaches evaluations are on point if not WTF not just save time and money and recruit off rivals list and go after the kids with the best/most offers.

Someone always has to be the first that offers.Theres been MANY MANY times that we were the first or second to offer and the next thing you know that same kid had offers from 10 other schools before the ink dried on the rivals list.

Are the coaches going to hit on every evaluation? Nope.But either is any other staff.If you can’t trust what YOUR coaches see in a kid and why they want him then I don’t know what to tell you.Maybe the kid fits a scheme our coaches want to run and that doesn’t fit other teams scheme.I sure as fck don’t know and I seriously doubt your knowledgeable enough to know that either .if you are then great and I apologize.

But do I trust this staff and what they’re doing? YEP ! 100%. So if they want to be the first or twenty-first to offer I’ll trust them over CIS recruiting Guru’s.
If you have blind faith then by all means go for it. So far their OL recruiting hasn't been any **** better than the last bums, so I'll believe it when I see it. Other positions? Maybe. But not OL

I brought him up as a perfect example as to why I would feel better in general if a player had decent offers. He didn't, and this board melted when he commited, but now today with this guy it doesn't matter. As for Williams we beat A & M okay. LSU took a guy that played his exact position a week before. We didn't beat the ****tanys for Hunte either. They also took commitments at the exact same position over him the weekend before. As for Manny vs. Richt that had nothing to do with it. He said trust our coaches evals, not just this coach's.

Transfers are transfers. They aren't part of the '19 class. If we were talking about Manny's ability to get transfers then I would say he did a great job to build depth.

Hunte had been trending our way for longer than you think. Some staffs are aware of their surroundings and if they sense a downturn they take another guy as opposed to being left holding their ****s. The guy they took was from Germany and they offered in January. He committed the same day Hunte did. You really think they took that guy over Hunte? The other DT commit around that time isn't the same type of player as Hunte. That guy is built more like Jalar Holley. Willams visited LSU on the final OV weekend and LSU didn't get a commit from a DB on the weekend before. Jay Ward committed to them on signing day. Before that they hadn't had another DB commit since June of '18

Last edited:
Advertisement
Auburn is a pretty good offer, why didnt he commit there?

Also the other Vanguard OT isnt going to UF, so I'm not sure why you think that whole school is Gator locks
Most of the top guys in that school are committed to the Gators. Thats why I think he'll go there if he's offered

Advertisement
Hunte had been trending our way for longer than you think. Some staffs are aware of their surroundings and if they sense a downturn they take another guy as opposed to being left holding their ****s. The guy they took was from Germany and they offered in January. He committed the same day Hunte did. You really think they took that guy over Hunte? The other DT commit around that time isn't the same type of player as Hunte. That guy is built more like Jalar Holley. Willams visited LSU on the final OV weekend and LSU didn't get a commit from a DB on the weekend before. Jay Ward committed to them on signing day. Before that they hadn't had another DB commit since June of '18
Oh my bad. I guess the CB Flott that commited in December doesn't count. And they already had Stingley and knew Hampton and Ward were in. Williams wanted to see the field and hopefully made the right choice, because with those guys coming on plus the #1 CB the year after headed there I think he realized the reality of the situation.

As for Hunte the German kid wasn't who was referenced. Ellies, who committed on Jan 20th, and was rated higher than Hunte and clearly had become their priority over him, would be the 1.

Interesting...he was pushing hard for a Florida offer & they didn’t offer..comes here a week later gets an offer & commits.
7qWK3FO.gif

Right..I don’t trust many recruits out of Ocala these days. I have a blood related cousin on the team & he’s all Florida...rest of the family is like WTF?? We want to disown his *** 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Don't feed that fool for a couple days. He'll start to come around.....
🤣

Why because our coaches can’t evaluate and we need confirmation from other schools...asking for a friend..

This always amazes me.Its like we don’t trust our own coaches evaluations unless Saban or Smart etc. say they like them too....maybe we should just recruit from the rivals list for the kids with the most/best offers/stars.

Check with Coker as to how well this type recruiting worked.
No Joke!!!!

Advertisement
Oh my bad. I guess the CB Flott that commited in December doesn't count. And they already had Stingley and knew Hampton and Ward were in. Williams wanted to see the field and hopefully made the right choice, because with those guys coming on plus the #1 CB the year after headed there I think he realized the reality of the situation.

As for Hunte the German kid wasn't who was referenced. Ellies, who committed on Jan 20th, and was rated higher than Hunte and clearly had become their priority over him, would be the 1.

It's sad you have to make **** up to trash the staff.

LSU badly wanted Williams. Yes they had other DBs but they only return 2 CBs on their entire roster. Also, Ward wasnt even a take for them until NSD, when they missed on Williams. A&M and Oregon really wanted him too, so let's hear your excuses there.

And Penn St wanted both Hunte and Ellies. They needed both, it was never one or the other.

You still havent explained how you dont trust this staff's OL evals because of Zion Nelson. It's a completely different staff on offense. What's your explanation there?

Advertisement
Ahhhh man. Here we go again smh...Another Tarquin and Kingsley
I don't like offering these Central Florida kids in smaller towns. They are Gator flips waiting to happen. I'm in those areas often and it is an infestation of that school.

If you have blind faith then by all means go for it. So far their OL recruiting hasn't been any **** better than the last bums, so I'll believe it when I see it. Other positions? Maybe. But not OL
I'm no expert but let me ask. Donaldson,Scaife, and Reed were bad evaluations?

Advertisement
Back