Antonio Smith commits

Advertisement
Not the same area at all.

You said Central FL kids from small towns.

How are Fort Meade and Orange City not that?

Seriously, so you just mean Ocala specifically? Even then we got Perry from there. ****, we gotten kids from Gainesville.

Miami has always been able to recruit Central FL, outside of Lakeland High anyways

Last edited:
They are liking interior guys in that 6'2-6'4-270-280 range coming in.

This kid looks alot like BIG BABY Seymore who is a class behind

With Ivins saying they see him as a C....my Big Baby Seymore comparison is even more on q.

This kid with his nice movement looks to be a pretty GOOD center prospect with Big Baby coming down the pike...and Clark as a freshman we will be set their for awhile

Advertisement
Kentucky won 10 games last year *** hat

And.....

Last time I checked Kentucky isn’t a 5x champ.

Why is it so difficult to go out and land a top 250 OL? OL has been a week spot here for 15 years. Recruiting and development has been atrocious. We need to start recruiting stud OL if we ever want to get back to the top

And.....

Why is it so difficult to go out and land a top 250 OL? OL has been a week spot here for 15 years. Recruiting and development has been atrocious. We need to start recruiting stud OL if we ever want to get back to the top
Bc OL can be great without stars. The rating services vs an OL coach from the league is the thing. I would go with the coach personally.

Advertisement
And.....

Because no position is an exact science...But OL is the least exact of em all. Your 250 type linemen, Rivals 250 type linemen probably looks nothing like Coach Berry's

Oh my bad. I guess the CB Flott that commited in December doesn't count. And they already had Stingley and knew Hampton and Ward were in. Williams wanted to see the field and hopefully made the right choice, because with those guys coming on plus the #1 CB the year after headed there I think he realized the reality of the situation.

As for Hunte the German kid wasn't who was referenced. Ellies, who committed on Jan 20th, and was rated higher than Hunte and clearly had become their priority over him, would be the 1.

Flott didn't commit in December. He committed in June. That is who I was talking about. They still wanted Williams. Maybe as nickel or safety. But they wanted him. Ellies is also who I was was talking about when I said his body type is closer to Jalar Holley's. So on the same day that Hunte commits Penn State takes a DT with a similar build from Germany and you think it was Ellies which pushed them to forget about Hunte. Yet they took another DT that has a similar body type to Hunte on the same day. You're trying really hard to take away recruiting wins for some reasons and not doing a good job of it.

Flott didn't commit in December. He committed in June. That is who I was talking about. They still wanted Williams. Maybe as nickel or safety. But they wanted him. Ellies is also who I was was talking about when I said his body type is closer to Jalar Holley's. So on the same day that Hunte commits Penn State takes a DT with a similar build from Germany and you think it was Ellies which pushed them to forget about Hunte. Yet they took another DT that has a similar body type to Hunte on the same day. You're trying really hard to take away recruiting wins for some reasons and not doing a good job of it.

I know which is why i wasnt that down on the El Gammal and Nelson takes as everyone else was.

I know thewy wont be plug n play but moving forward they would maybe be better prospects than say the George Brown's of the world.

Advertisement
And.....

Can’t convince a simple minded person that OL is one position where star rating is usually NOT indicative of future success, but I’ll try...

If you look at this years NFL draft rankings for OL:

Jawaan Taylor - 3 stars
Jonah Williams - 5 stars
Andre Dillard - 2 stars
Cody Ford - 4 stars
Greg Little - 5 stars
Garrett Bradbury - 2 stars (converted TE)
Chris Lindstrom - 3 stars
Dalton Risner - 3 stars
Elgton Jenkins - 2 stars
Erik McCoy - 2 stars
Michael Jordan - 4 stars
Yodny Cajuste - 2 stars
Kaleb Mcgary - 4 stars
David Edwards - 3 stars
Michael Dieter - 3 stars
Connor McGovern - 4 stars
Tytus Howard - Unranked (Converted TE)
Beau Benzschawel- 3 stars (Converted TE)

NFL.com projects ~18 players to go in the top 3 rounds of this years draft. Of the 18 Iisted, just 6 of the 18 were - as you called them - “blue chippers” (4 or 5 star recruits) - coming out of high school. The other 66+% were 2/3 star guys, unrated, or converted Tight Ends.

The lesson here? I’d probably stop paying attention to star ratings for OL prospects and do a little more homework next time before sounding ignorant.

Guys like Jawan Taylor has offers from everyone. This dudes best offer was Cincinnati.

The other kid we offered his best offer was UAB and Air Force.

Time will tell.

Can’t convince a simple minded person that OL is one position where star rating is usually NOT indicative of future success, but I’ll try...

If you look at this years NFL draft rankings for OL:

Jawaan Taylor - 3 stars
Jonah Williams - 5 stars
Andre Dillard - 2 stars
Cody Ford - 4 stars
Greg Little - 5 stars
Garrett Bradbury - 2 stars (converted TE)
Chris Lindstrom - 3 stars
Dalton Risner - 3 stars
Elgton Jenkins - 2 stars
Erik McCoy - 2 stars
Michael Jordan - 4 stars
Yodny Cajuste - 2 stars
Kaleb Mcgary - 4 stars
David Edwards - 3 stars
Michael Dieter - 3 stars
Connor McGovern - 4 stars
Tytus Howard - Unranked (Converted TE)
Beau Benzschawel- 3 stars (Converted TE)

NFL.com projects ~18 players to go in the top 3 rounds of this years draft. Of the 18 Iisted, just 6 of the 18 were - as you called them - “blue chippers” (4 or 5 star recruits) - coming out of high school. The other 66+% were 2/3 star guys, unrated, or converted Tight Ends.

The lesson here? I’d probably stop paying attention to star ratings for OL prospects and do a little more homework next time before sounding ignorant.
What you said. his tape is **** impressive and I trust our staff as we actually have a real one for once.

Advertisement
Most of the commits we lost was due to our 2nd half flop and Richt leaving. From this tape I see a kid with excellent feet, technique and sticktuiveness. Definitely will be a guard with inside strength and quickness to pull.
It's spelled sticktoitiveness

He’s a 2020 kid I belive. This is clear to me. Miami is sending a message. They are no longer gonna wait around for kids. If they see a guy they like even if he’s underrated they aren’t gonna tell him no because there’s a guy that’s ranked higher that might or might not come. It’s a bold strategy but it’s clear as day.

That and getting undersized kids who they can add weight to, while them keeping their athleticism. I’ll take that all day long particularly if we can work this strategy to bringing in top flight OL and getting them bulked up with muscle versus always having to trim fat.

Interesting...he was pushing hard for a Florida offer & they didn’t offer..comes here a week later gets an offer & commits.

Wonder if that means now that UFag will extend an offer, causing him to second guess his commitment especially if that was his “dream” offer.

Advertisement
Back