Antione Jackson update [anyone have one?]

Advertisement
Pretty sure he no longer wants to be released. But I could be wrong. I can say we definitely want to keep him. I can also say he's VERY good friends with smith & trader... So yeah. We wanna keep him.

Yeah, I remember when he was reclassifying, one of the podcast guys said he would be a class leader/ambassador.

I realize the kid is torn. I remember a number of stories from the 80s where guys thought about transferring early, but then stayed and were much happier. I hope that's what transpires here. Good luck to the young man, and GO CANES!

Advertisement
In this instance, no news is likely good news. I'm sure the staff chatted with him once he went public with his request and tried to get him to settle down. Hopefully it worked. Hence, no news is good for us.

Advertisement
he caused drama for UGA when he flipped. someone is on the short end of the stick. were just happy w the results.
He did a quick flip to us. There was no extended back and forth - “will I won’t I???” 😂

He signed and then he’s “will I won’t I???”

JT Daniels is maybe the only other one I know and that did not work out well for him.

Quinn ewers also. Maybe that worked out well? He did get a badass f250
JT Daniels and John Franklin competing for most colleges in a career.

Pretty sure he no longer wants to be released. But I could be wrong. I can say we definitely want to keep him. I can also say he's VERY good friends with smith & trader... So yeah. We wanna keep him.
If we want to keep him, we might have to pay up a little more…

Not advocating for that, just what’s being said out there. He’s young and very impressionable, I think Mario would be perfect adult figure in a coach for him.

Advertisement
He is a kid....legit...Kid. He is really only a junior. I mean when I was 16 if I had all this thrown at me I'd probably be trying to figure out how to make everyone happy. Hopefully once he gets on campus he settles in and gets around a few guys he knows and is good to go.

Understandable a kid would be indecisive. I just hope he's receiving solid advice.

Advertisement
If we want to keep him, we might have to pay up a little more…

Not advocating for that, just what’s being said out there. He’s young and very impressionable, I think Mario would be perfect adult figure in a coach for him.

Give him an extra 80K per year. Enough to pay for his girlfriend to transfer to Miami...

Give him an extra 80K per year. Enough to pay for his girlfriend to transfer to Miami...
Honestly I don’t know exactly what his NIL deal is right now, but I’m led to believe the gf thing is just a front. There’s multiple sharks in the water that are trying to pry him away, but the specific school out west that wants him is about as far as you can get from ECU.

If there’s anyone that can navigate this and talk some knowledge into a very impressionable and young adult, it’s Mario and Alonzo.

Advertisement
Back