Antione Jackson update [anyone have one?]

Yeah but they could ask an around about question that targets his status without mentioning his name.

"Does it still look good for the remaining 2023 signees to arrive on campus in the summer?" .....this will give an indication of whether or not Mario and Co. is expecting him or not. They'll see the question coming though and likely will dodge it lol
i mean this has been pretty quiet since the initial tweet. id let this one just figure itself out. if a reporter asked that question, then people on here would hate on the reports for inciting drama when there isnt any or some other nonsnse.

Advertisement
Kid needs to be held to his word. Stay and go to school for 1 year and then transfer. Bet he'll learn something from being forced to honor his commitments...lot of time resources and energy put into giving him a scholarship so if he doesn't want it from UM, fine..but you will use that 1 time free transfer. If Dillard is big mad and feels we should let him off the hook, they're contributing to the young mans problem.....local kids are going to do what's best for them and I don't blame them and so should UM in this case....when we start winning we'll get Dillard kids again at that time if holding his feet to the fire caused a rift.

Jackson should never have matriculated early. Not ready to be a professional yet. I know I wasn't. Probably have pulled the same stupid **** if I were in his situation. But Mario wants special forces types. Not everyone is cut out for that. Kid needs to decide whether to man up or take the L and redshirt at another program..

dave-chappelle-chappelle-show.gif

Advertisement
Jackson should never have matriculated early. Not ready to be a professional yet. I know I wasn't. Probably have pulled the same stupid **** if I were in his situation. But Mario wants special forces types. Not everyone is cut out for that. Kid needs to decide whether to man up or take the L and redshirt at another program..
He should just transfer and sit a year if he wants out. He’s not going to be ready year one anyhow.

He should just transfer and sit a year if he wants out. He’s not going to be ready year one anyhow.

well he hasnt enrolled so he cant transfer right now. he requested (or reportedly requested) out of his NLOI to sign elsehwere. it seems all is good now. im not worried and we should let it be. hes young

well he hasnt enrolled so he cant transfer right now. he requested (or reportedly requested) out of his NLOI to sign elsehwere. it seems all is good now. im not worried and we should let it be. hes young
Let it be how?

Advertisement
the last update we had was that he seemed to back off his request. hes at practices and on campus. hes still finishing up HS. let him finish up HS and well know for sure in may. no need to start up the **** him (not saying you said that but it leads to that w other posters) posts.
I mean people are going to have opinions on it and hopefully most aren’t mongoloidians but some normal opinions will hurt his feelings and I’m fine with that.

I don’t care if his high school cries. We should do what’s best for us notwithstanding that. Under no circumstances should we sacrifice a counter or accommodate him to our detriment. In my opinion he’s already not worth the headache, young or not. We don’t need the drama.

Advertisement
I haven't seen a successful story when recruits graduate early
do we know UM didnt pressure him to reclassify or people in his camp? remember, at the time of his announcement of his reclassification, he had flipped from UGA and would have been our only DB recruit

I mean people are going to have opinions on it and hopefully most aren’t mongoloidians but some normal opinions will hurt his feelings and I’m fine with that.

I don’t care if his high school cries. We should do what’s best for us notwithstanding that. Under no circumstances should we sacrifice a counter or accommodate him to our detriment. In my opinion he’s already not worth the headache, young or not. We don’t need the drama.
i personally think we need him whether or not hes ready to play. the opinions of him werent this when he flipped from UGA. we didnt bring a lot of HS corners and lost a ton due to attrition.

Advertisement
i personally think we need him whether or not hes ready to play. the opinions of him werent this when he flipped from UGA. we didnt bring a lot of HS corners and lost a ton due to attrition.
He wasn’t causing drama for us when he flipped from UGA so that’s not a complete picture.

do we know UM didnt pressure him to reclassify or people in his camp? remember, at the time of his announcement of his reclassification, he had flipped from UGA and would have been our only DB recruit

Good question. To be real, I was puzzled he did that. He has potential but he is still pretty raw and 16/17 going against grown men is another concern of mine. Especially during the COVID era. He’ll be competing against 5th yr & 6th yr seniors. He’ll be facing some 23 & 24 year olds.

Advertisement
Back