Anticipated staff changes?

Here's an idea.

NO MORE FORMER CANES. YOU DON'T NEED AN ALUMNI ON STAFF TO HAVE A GOOD STAFF.

I'm old enough to remember when MERIT was the overriding factor when it came to hiring decisions. If we don't hire another "UM" guy for as long as I live....I'll be happy. The most successful coaches this program ever hired had no ties to the program and/or area.

Advertisement
Also how tf are we so inept in running special teams. We hired a former NFL coordinator, did that dude just forget how to coach at all. Are we giving the responsibility to Dennis Smith. I mean what the absolute ****. That unit has been unforgivable I mean purely unacceptable at the D1 level let alone at UM. How do we not send 11 men out there multiple times this year
Not sure you are doing anything other than playing yesterday's result which was just a poor effort by Lichenstein.

BSmith was 5th in the country in KO return average (with minimum 10 attempts) at 29.0 yds. Keyshawn Smith was 30.5 average last year.

Borregales was 22/26 (85%) and two of those misses were from 50+. His brother won the Groza going 20/22.

Joyce averaged 44 yds per punt and 42 NET which is very good. Hedley was 45.3 and 42.6 for comparison.

I don't recall any major ****ups on Punt/KO return coverage. Most KOs went into the back of the end zone.

One blocked punt and one blocked FG this year.

Dawson is the rotten apple that fell from the air raid tree, his offense doesn't remotely look close to Leach's air raid.

Black Lives Matter Police GIF by INTO ACTION

Advertisement
Not sure you are doing anything other than playing yesterday's result which was just a poor effort by Lichenstein.

BSmith was 5th in the country in KO return average (with minimum 10 attempts) at 29.0 yds. Keyshawn Smith was 30.5 average last year.

Borregales was 22/26 (85%) and two of those misses were from 50+. His brother won the Groza going 20/22.

Joyce averaged 44 yds per punt and 42 NET which is very good. Hedley was 45.3 and 42.6 for comparison.

I don't recall any major ****ups on Punt/KO return coverage. Most KOs went into the back of the end zone.

One blocked punt and one blocked FG this year.
Our punt blocking by itself is a fire able offense. Putting out 9 players during a punt, so the tamu game had bad punt ****ups

Here's an idea.

NO MORE FORMER CANES. YOU DON'T NEED AN ALUMNI ON STAFF TO HAVE A GOOD STAFF.

I'm old enough to remember when MERIT was the overriding factor when it came to hiring decisions. If we don't hire another "UM" guy for as long as I live....I'll be happy. The most successful coaches this program ever hired had no ties to the program and/or area.

Sorry bro, but that doesn't apply when an alumnus is exceptionally good at his job, like Ken Dorsey.

And if we do replace Cristobal in the future, Jedd Fisch would be a great choice- he's also technically a "UM guy" now.

we just don't hire good coaches too many times

we got some good coaches on the staff but we got some guys who are really weak at both recruiting and coaching

Advertisement
Beard did a good job this year imo

Yeah I don't know how anyone could complain about Beard. I have to admit I was wrong about him. I thought he was going to be mediocre since he kind of bounced around G5s, but both the WR performance and WR recruiting were excellent this season.

Dawson is the rotten apple that fell from the air raid tree, his offense doesn't remotely look close to Leach's air raid.

Black Lives Matter Police GIF by INTO ACTION

Dawson doesn't get a free pass, but given Cristobal's history of meddling with his offensive coordinators, it wouldn't be a complete surprise if Dawson was handcuffed at times throughout the season. That isn't to give Dawson a free pass, but you could tell Mario's fingerprints were all over the offense.

It's very simple, whomever is the offensive coordinator under Cristobal needs complete autonomy over the offense. It can't be any other way.

And this issue is two-fold - not only is Cristobal's offensive philosophy a poor fit, what offensive coordinator that is truly innovative and can maximize the talent of his personnel want to coach under a micromanager?

Yeah I don't know how anyone could complain about Beard. I have to admit I was wrong about him. I thought he was going to be mediocre since he kind of bounced around G5s, but both the WR performance and WR recruiting were excellent this season.
He has to bear some responsibility for all of George’s nonsense, no?

Advertisement
I’ll bite.

If it were up to me, Addae would be gone asap.

Dawson can leave too but I’m not opposed to giving him another year with a real QB…that is, we have to actually get one first. He’s just very hot and cold - with the cold being very cold.

That’s all I got, I think everyone else was perfectly ok.
I'm good with Dawson getting all the way the F out of here with that TE-absentee, never use the middle of the field, and go into a shell offense if we're up by 2 points with 12 mins remaining in the 1st qtr.

Advertisement
Mario has no feel for the game. I would never hire a head coach who wasn't even a cordinator. He's not stupid in every day life , but he also doesn't have what I call football smarts. Unfortunately he never will, because in his mind he's a coaching genius.
Dabo and urban werent coordinators either but i get your point

Or…stop listening to the fans? Fans wanted Cristobal instead of Richt. Fans wanted an Air Raid OC. Fans wanted a Power 5 HC before he got fired. Fans wanted someone who learned under Saban.

Advertisement
Back