Anthony Solomon Commits!

We in second place to Bama right now for Davis read it earlier wasn’t by Ivins though.

Advertisement
Rian Davis just looks like a Bama backer. I’d be shocked if we landed him.

Huff vs Eaford for the final LB spot IMO.

Is he cancelling his official visit to Michigan next week? I cant seem to find any information about it.
Michigan mods claim they have higher prospects on the board than him. With the way that they've recruited lately, I find that extremely hard to believe. They'd been on him hard.

Advertisement
I honestly would not care if Pierre left, but if he does then we better get Eaford because we have to sign a MIKE. I would love to finish the LB crew with Huff and the kid from GA ..

Michigan board is also saying they stopped recruiting Solomon a while ago, others are higher on their board etc. I mean, I really don't care as we would have gotten him regardless but that is what their mod reported.

Of course they stopped recruiting him. They realized they werent getting him

Pierre is the only Mike he have on our board right now, but we just had a kid from GA visit us who appears to be a Mike style backer. another 3*, but has good film. Tyrone Hopper or something like that. I really want Rian Davis too, but i would put his hand in the dirt and let him eat as a WDE. I think his body can handle 255 without losing the explosive ability to get after the QB, but he will be a tough get. I think Eaford is going to be a Rush LB in a 3-4 scheme somewhere. That leave Huff and Brown from STA that we should get going hard after imo. Wrap those two up and try to keep Pierre committed.

Advertisement
I agree with most your numbers...But I think there is a chance that the 2nd TE, 5th DB, or even the 7th DL (I would def want 7) are not set in stone. By the same token, I wouldn't rule out a 5th OL, and I think it is maybe even more likely than a 5th LB, although I would say both are an underdog to happen.

Yeah I wouldnt give up a TE, DL, or DB spot for a 5th LB. But it always isnt up to the coaches. If we cant get the right kids high enough on our board to commit then thats where you start playing with the numbers. Id rather have a 5th LB that they love than a 5th DB that they are "meh" on.

tumblr_mvna7ov1Oh1sfub4yo1_400.gif

Advertisement
Not fast in a straight line. Ran a 4.8 last month. Had a real impressive shuttle run...means he is quick. Very instinctive. See him beinga guy that wont tip pass 220. But will be nice as a will backer. Has some Sean Spence to his game but not the same pop. He fits in with the LB group were recruiting.

Last edited:
Wonder why UGA, Alabama, etc, were not recruiting him?

He isnt fitting the size for a Bama LB..and UGA is running the same scheme so dont think he fits their scheme either.

More of a UM, Michigan fit for what were trying to do.

Advertisement
Not fast in a straight line. Ran a 4.8 last month. Had a real impressive shuttle run...means he is quick. Very instinctive. See him beinga guy that wont tip pass 220. But will be nice as a will backer. Has some Sean Spence to his game but not the same pop. He fits in with the LB group were rectuiting.

Playing LB is about change of direction not speed. This kid was my #3 want in the class behind Bogle and Neal. Rare versatility and polish. If the coaches find the right role for him he can start next year or at least have a regular subpackage job.

Back to lurk mode now.

Well Id love to have 5 if we are talking about Huff, Davis and either Brown or Eaford (Eaford prob more..havent seen tape on those 2 but from what Ive read, Eaford may be different skillset that will make this group more well rounded). But for $hits and giggles, where is the room? I feel like these numbers are close to accurate of how it will go down..and thats a big class at 28 which is getting dicey. So unless we are planning on signing more than 28, not sure where we can subtract to make room for a 5th LB(unless you consider one of them a hybrid than can rush the edge and count him towards the 7 DL).

QB = 1
RB = 2
TE = 2
OL = 4
WR = 2
DT/DE = lets say 7 between the 2 positions
LB = 4
CB = 3
SF = 2
Athlete...aka Richards = 1
I dont know about the 7 D-Linemen.

Advertisement