Anthony Solomon Commits!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great pickup. He appears to be an instinctual LB that closes on the ball like a LB should and also is comfortable in coverage (which is huge). My only concern is the extent to which he can put on weight while still keeping the needed athleticism. He measured in at the Opening at 6'0 188 and ran a 4.8. He doesn't need to be a heavy plodding backer, but he should be up around 210-215 to play at this level. I'm confident he can get there.

I honestly would not care if Pierre left, but if he does then we better get Eaford because we have to sign a MIKE. I would love to finish the LB crew with Huff and the kid from GA ..

Michigan board is also saying they stopped recruiting Solomon a while ago, others are higher on their board etc. I mean, I really don't care as we would have gotten him regardless but that is what their mod reported.

Advertisement
Great to see that we've already landed 2 of our top LB targets in Brooks & Solomon. Choosing to be selective by only taking Joyner in the '18 class will pay big dividends with how much stronger this year's LB group is locally.

Rian Davis and Avery Huff should have spots no matter what. Personally prefer Eaford to Pierre as well, especially if the latter wants to keep flirting with UF.

Advertisement
stack them chips.
I just dont see how we can take 5 pure lbs this year. The numbers just arent there. We have too many other darn holes to fill. That leads me to believe that with all of the other lbs we are flirting with, that maybe there is something to the Pierre thing and maybe he isnt as committed as we all thought.

Advertisement
I honestly would not care if Pierre left, but if he does then we better get Eaford because we have to sign a MIKE. I would love to finish the LB crew with Huff and the kid from GA ..

Michigan board is also saying they stopped recruiting Solomon a while ago, others are higher on their board etc. I mean, I really don't care as we would have gotten him regardless but that is what their mod reported.

I'd be pretty upset if we lost Pierre. His physical talent paired with his natural instincts at the LB play is a pretty special combo. I don't care that he's listed as a 3 star -- he looks like a big time player to me.

giphy.gif

I just dont see how we can take 5 pure lbs this year. The numbers just arent there. We have too many other darn holes to fill. That leads me to believe that with all of the other lbs we are flirting with, that maybe there is something to the Pierre thing and maybe he isnt as committed as we all thought.
There is room.

Advertisement
Back