Anthony Solomon Commits!

Solomon. He just seems so fast and versatile. Who would you compare Soloman to of past Cane LB's?
Grace at one point ran a legit 4.4, idk if that’s a good comparison for Solomon but he definitely plays faster than what he tested

Advertisement
Grace at one point ran a legit 4.4, idk if that’s a good comparison for Solomon but he definitely plays faster than what he tested
Yeah certainly not a comparison by a stop watch. Was more making the comparison from an eyeball and skillset test. But someone probably has a better comparison that Grace.

Yeah certainly not a comparison by a stop watch. Was more making the comparison from an eyeball and skillset test. But someone probably has a better comparison that Grace.

Appreciate the insight. Didn't mean to de-rail the thread. I was talking about Sam Brooks and whether or not he had the frame to turn into a rush DE. I'm happy with our commits at LB was just curious as to the board's thoughts of whether Brooks can turn into a DE if the depth calls for it down the line?

Solomon. He just seems so fast and versatile. Who would you compare Soloman to of past Cane LB's?

Naw hes not comparable to Grace. Avery Huff is more comparable to Jermaine Grace.

Solomon would be more comparable to Howard Clark from the early 2000s. Solomon might be the smallest lb we have had coming in a whle. But he seems to be one of the best covg guys we have brought in. He has some Sean Spence ability on the outside. Spence just had a little bit more pop than Solomon brings. San could really mix it up despite what weight he was at.

Appreciate the insight. Didn't mean to de-rail the thread. I was talking about Sam Brooks and whether or not he had the frame to turn into a rush DE. I'm happy with our commits at LB was just curious as to the board's thoughts of whether Brooks can turn into a DE if the depth calls for it down the line?

Naw i would use Sam as a will or Sam backer. I dont think hes a rush de candidate. But hes a guy you would want to send moving forward with Blitzes, etc.

Advertisement
Naw hes not comparable to Grace. Avery Huff is more comparable to Jermaine Grace.

Solomon would be more comparable to Howard Clark from the early 2000s. Solomon might be the smallest lb we have had coming in a whle. But he seems to be one of the best covg guys we have brought in. He has some Sean Spence ability on the outside. Spence just had a little bit more pop than Solomon brings. San could really mix it up despite what weight he was at.
Good analysis

Great pickup. He appears to be an instinctual LB that closes on the ball like a LB should and also is comfortable in coverage (which is huge). My only concern is the extent to which he can put on weight while still keeping the needed athleticism. He measured in at the Opening at 6'0 188 and ran a 4.8. He doesn't need to be a heavy plodding backer, but he should be up around 210-215 to play at this level. I'm confident he can get there.
Jon Vilma had just about the same measurements with a slightly slower 40 as a HS rising Senior.

Jon Vilma had just about the same measurements with a slightly slower 40 as a HS rising Senior.

Yup. I remember seeing his name and measurables and thinking "WTF are they taking this bum?" Just one of many times this happened before I figured out that you can't judge a recruit merely on measurables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back