2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

Advertisement
Let the season play out. What we put on the field matters more than anything we could say in May. Harsh reality but we have the back up the recruitment talk with results. This year, we should though. No reason to think his recruitment is over. 3/5 local schools. A lot will change.
You’re obviously extremely plugged in. How is it that we are one of the only teams where we have to “prove it” to be in the game?

Let the season play out. What we put on the

Field matters more than anything we could say in May…
Lity but we have the back up the recruitment talk with…Ould though. No reason to think his recruitment……. Will chang E

Wish we got a playmaker in the portal there…. Unless…there was a hidden message!

Nope, recruiting is what matters on its own. If it was about that, nobody would commit in the offseason.

It seems to be a little different for us.

Winning matters more to OUR success.

Think of it like a balance scale. We have advantages that make a certain type of kid want to be here, but disadvantages as well when compared to the big public schools.

FOR US, winning gives us a lot more weight to pull bigger recruits.

Fans over value our urban location and lifestyle. These guys can go to state schools and be big fish in small ponds. They can be ***** magnets in towns that revolve around the football team.

Once we lost the pro level coaching and driven, savvy recruiters and had to contend with cheating, the more we lost, the more it emphasized our disadvantages.

Losing hurts us more than our recruiting rivals. Makes us easy to negatively recruit against. **** coaches, misused players, empty stadium in another county, big city crime, The perception is not easy to overcome. Especially to kids who have only known us to be trash.

This is why Mario can’t be complacent with the roster. Wins put us on a level playing field. Without wins and good coaches, we end up trying to sell palm trees and old nfl draft results.

Advertisement
Because we haven’t been good since what 03?
Texas A&M has as many 10 win seasons as us in the last 20 years and just pulled an all-time class

Tennessee is worse than us and can land an out of state 5*

There are plenty of examples of teams that are average that have success in recruiting that don’t have to prove it like we do.

Texas A&M has as many 10 win seasons as us in the last 20 years and just pulled an all-time class

Tennessee is worse than us and can land an out of state 5*

There are plenty of examples of teams that are average that have success in recruiting that don’t have to prove it like we do.
They have the sec tag on them and that helps a ton

Advertisement
I would be shocked if he doesn’t slide in a secret off the books visit before he makes a decision. This absolutely seems like one of those possible “I don’t need to waste OV on Miami. I have family down there and can visit whenever”. Now does that ever work out for us? No. Lol. But I wouldn’t give up here just yet.

Advertisement
A legit 5 star from Texas was always a humungous ask. Love the staff shooting their shot though!
To land yes, I agree, but we were all expecting one of the 5 OVs, especially since there was a family connection to SFLA. I think we all have been super high about the cycle and what Mario had cooking. We were supposed to have fireworks after the Spring Game and nothing. There has been a string of some meh news, with this being one of them.

To land yes, I agree, but we were all expecting one of the 5 OVs, especially since there was a family connection to SFLA. I think we all have been super high about the cycle and what Mario had cooking. We were supposed to have fireworks after the Spring Game and nothing. There has been a string of some meh news, with this being one of them.
When you are going after so many kids that are in the top 50, thinking that you are going to get some to commit in May is ambitious. People still are waiting for Jalen Brown to pull the trigger and its clear he is waiting it out.

Its still 7 months until ESD and 9 months until NSD. We shouldnt even be anywhere near panic mode.

When you are going after so many kids that are in the top 50, thinking that you are going to get some to commit in May is ambitious. People still are waiting for Jalen Brown to pull the trigger and its clear he is waiting it out.

Its still 7 months until ESD and 9 months until NSD. We shouldnt even be anywhere near panic mode.
We aren’t anywhere near panic mode but it has been a let down. Ambitious or not, we were told there would be fire works but nada. I get that it’s part of the game and things change fast but after that we have gotten some meh news regarding other recruits as well. Feels like any perceived momentum is gone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back