2023 Anthony Hill, 2023 LB (Denton Ryan HS in TX)

Are they still mad?
There have been several stages, that loosely look like this-

"why would he leave a program like Oregon to go to a program like Miami" - mid season
"He might be a bad fit, look what Utah did to us" - late season
"why would anyone choose to live in Miami over Eugene" - during the speculation
"**** that ungrateful sack of ****, this is the thanks he gives Phil after all he has done for him" - immediately after he left
"We ended up with a much better staff anyway" - since then

They have moved on re: christobal, but still seem to have forgotten that they emerged when USC tanked so the expectations are still very high, for now.

We have a company box at autzen, or at least did pre pandemic not sure about the status for this season, and half the attorneys here went there for law school and are boosters so people are pretty emotionally and financially invested. I cautiously dissent so as not to make an unpleasant work environment.

Advertisement
There have been several stages, that loosely look like this-

"why would he leave a program like Oregon to go to a program like Miami" - mid season
"He might be a bad fit, look what Utah did to us" - late season
"why would anyone choose to live in Miami over Eugene" - during the speculation
"**** that ungrateful sack of ****, this is the thanks he gives Phil after all he has done for him" - immediately after he left
"We ended up with a much better staff anyway" - since then

They have moved on re: christobal, but still seem to have forgotten that they emerged when USC tanked so the expectations are still very high, for now.

We have a company box at autzen, or at least did pre pandemic not sure about the status for this season, and half the attorneys here went there for law school and are boosters so people are pretty emotionally and financially invested. I cautiously dissent so as not to make an unpleasant work environment.
That’s funny. I don’t see many passionate college football fans in the Bay Area like back East. Definitely not at the same level of seriousness. Not just in Miami but when I lived in Virginia too with the VT fans.

At least we both get to watch some Canes games at 9 am sometimes now.

That’s funny. I don’t see many passionate college football fans in the Bay Area like back East. Definitely not at the same level of seriousness. Not just in Miami but when I lived in Virginia too with the VT fans.

At least we both get to watch some Canes games at 9 am sometimes now.

Oh man I politely beg to differ. SF is (maybe ironically lol) a passionate, winning sports town (Niners, Raiders, Warriors, A’s, Giants, etc)*. And one of the most passionate major cities re: CFB.

CFB’s strengths aren’t really in the urban areas because those tend to be pro towns. But SF basically has two P5 football programs spitting out alumni in Stanford and Cal as well as a lot of USC, UCLA, WASH, and Oregon alums.

Obviously you can’t compare it to the south, but I think if you look at major cities, they are up at the top.

*Yes I know the Raiders left and broke Oaklands heart and I know the Warriors, Cal, Stanford and the Raiders aren’t in the city proper, but SF is the Bay Area. You get it. 🙂

There’s a lot CIS doesn’t know about the extent you go to help us with recruits. Some of em better show some appreciation.

View attachment 182752
Shocked Baby GIF

Advertisement
Oh man I politely beg to differ. SF is (maybe ironically lol) a passionate, winning sports town (Niners, Raiders, Warriors, A’s, Giants, etc)*. And one of the most passionate major cities re: CFB.

CFB’s strengths aren’t really in the urban areas because those tend to be pro towns. But SF basically has two P5 football programs spitting out alumni in Stanford and Cal as well as a lot of USC, UCLA, WASH, and Oregon alums.

Obviously you can’t compare it to the south, but I think if you look at major cities, they are up at the top.

*Yes I know the Raiders left and broke Oaklands heart and I know the Warriors, Cal, Stanford and the Raiders aren’t in the city proper, but SF is the Bay Area. You get it. 🙂
49er fans - yes - but I’m talking CFB and most of the people here in the Bay are seem to not care as much. A lot of people went to places like UCSF and UC Davis.

Im not saying there are no fans of CFB teams here but it’s not anything like where I’ve lived before - mostly in Southern states.

Advertisement
49er fans - yes - but I’m talking CFB and most of the people here in the Bay are seem to not care as much. A lot of people went to places like UCSF and UC Davis.

Im not saying there are no fans of CFB teams here but it’s not anything like where I’ve lived before - mostly in Southern states.

Well, yeah. Like I said... southern states. Totally agree.

But among big cities, its near the top. Only ATL and LA come to mind as being in the same arena.

Well, Dallas and Houston too

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Let the season play out. What we put on the field matters more than anything we could say in May. Harsh reality but we have the back up the recruitment talk with results. This year, we should though. No reason to think his recruitment is over. 3/5 local schools. A lot will change.
Nope, recruiting is what matters on its own. If it was about that, nobody would commit in the offseason.

Let the season play out. What we put on the field matters more than anything we could say in May. Harsh reality but we have the back up the recruitment talk with results. This year, we should though. No reason to think his recruitment is over. 3/5 local schools. A lot will change.
I hear you, but that didn’t stop UGA when they went 7-5 and Bama when they went 7-6. I understand “the bag,” but if we can’t match that then we aren’t even close to competing for recruits. Our facilities must be really lacking as well to only have on the field performance to pitch to a recruit. You would know better than me.

Advertisement
Back