Anthony Brown, QB

People call him trash, but he looked pretty good beating us in a very ****** offense a couple years ago. Manure probably remembers that well.

I doubt he’d leave BC to go somewhere where he’d stand a decent chance of not starting, but I actually like this guy. He impressed me the 3 or 4 times I watched him. Let’s not forget he played in Loeffler’s garbage offense, which was Penos light.

Advertisement
This make
Manny ain’t got time to build. He has to win now after botching the OC last year and losing to GT, Duke and most importantly FIU.

Most importantly, we need a core of talent.

Usually you only get 1 year leases on the transfer portal.

We're the crown prince of wasted potential.

Look at JT4. Has all the tools, gets in a situation where there's uncertainty, transfers, stays, then? Nothing. His most memorable play is fumbling a punt he never should have tried to catch.

Look at every one of our RBs. Their highlight reel consists of running into the middle of the line when the defense has 8 men in the box.

We have QBs that everyone wanted and praises. They were an X star, second best dual threat, started over Lawrence, yet here? Nothing.

There is a point where it's incumbent upon the staff to develop their talent and call plays that lets them shine. We didn't learn a **** thing about any of our QBs last year other than Perry is not dumb and does take this seriously. I'll suffer through another 8 month quarterback competition because they all deserve another chance. Hopefully Lashlee can bring out the best in all of them.

The university, Diaz, and the players should sue Dan Enos for damages. He shouldn't be coaching football anywhere ever again.
Man, I railed against Enos all year, and I hated the hire. That being said, discipline comes from the top. Our team lacks discipline and mental toughness. That's all on the head coach. HE is the one that sets the tone and gives the coordinators talent to work with. I actually felt bad for Enos at the end when it really hit just how bad the QBs were. Yeah, I noticed it all year, but I was in full fire Enos mode and was blinded by hate. The second Williams ran the ball for the hail Mary, I just felt bad for Enos. I wanted to reach through the screen and tell him, "Dan, I'm sorry. I didn't realize your QBs were retarded."

Manny needs to toughen up the players in a hurry, because if he doesn't NO OC is going to really succeed here.

For starters, dump the "paradise" talk. Dump the trinkets. Dump the players that quit every other week. Put some fear into their hearts and let them know there is no such thing as paradise when there is work to be done.

Advertisement
Man, I railed against Enos all year, and I hated the hire. That being said, discipline comes from the top. Our team lacks discipline and mental toughness. That's all on the head coach. HE is the one that sets the tone and gives the coordinators talent to work with. I actually felt bad for Enos at the end when it really hit just how bad the QBs were. Yeah, I noticed it all year, but I was in full fire Enos mode and was blinded by hate. The second Williams ran the ball for the hail Mary, I just felt bad for Enos. I wanted to reach through the screen and tell him, "Dan, I'm sorry. I didn't realize your QBs were retarded."

Manny needs to toughen up the players in a hurry, because if he doesn't NO OC is going to really succeed here.

For starters, dump the "paradise" talk. Dump the trinkets. Dump the players that quit every other week. Put some fear into their hearts and let them know there is no such thing as paradise when there is work to be done.
Sometimes people get overwhelmed. I suspect Manny thought he didn't have to worry about the offense at all, but Enos turned out to be a flop. I've been in that situation before. Too much work so you hand off something to a lieutenant expecting things to get done, then by the time you discover they have failed, it's too late to get someone else in place, so you just have to let their stink land on you and fix it afterwards. It's not fun.

People call him trash, but he looked pretty good beating us in a very ****** offense a couple years ago. Manure probably remembers that well.

I doubt he’d leave BC to go somewhere where he’d stand a decent chance of not starting, but I actually like this guy. He impressed me the 3 or 4 times I watched him. Let’s not forget he played in Loeffler’s garbage offense, which was Penos light.

Bingo. And he was actually playing really well before injury.

Advertisement
I’m not over the moon on Brown, but I’m also a big proponent of every position group having an “old beard” to teach players tricks of trade learned over years of experience.

It’s so valuable to have a guy who leads each room and teaches in down time. We don’t have anything like that in the QB room and we need it.

I’d say we need it in the WR room as well.

I’m not over the moon on Brown, but I’m also a big proponent of every position group having an “old beard” to teach players tricks of trade learned over years of experience.

It’s so valuable to have a guy who leads each room and teaches in down time. We don’t have anything like that in the QB room and we need it.

Maybe he brings his teammate.

Do you think Mike Harley can be that guy for the WR?

Advertisement
Williams gets to stay but Martell must go?

Ya because Williams can at time throw a forward pass and because he just missed practice instead of taking leave (ya I know that's what we've been reduced to, but just saying)

Martell is soft and doesn't look like he can play a lick other than an occasional scramble

What good is upside when you're suspended or on an Instagram sabbatical?
This, give me the guy who uses his brain can hit his read and if it's not there make a smart decision. If we only did that we would have won 10 games this year.

Advertisement
Would take if for nothing else a 1% chance some character rubs off on one of our QBs

I don't see a point for either party. Kid should just stay at BC where he can be the starter rather than transferring somewhere and being a backup.

We need to continue to develop the guys we have. The answer isn't always in the Portal. I think it's bad for the team when you have 4 kids recruited to the program and still going to the portal trying to strike gold. Why would any QB or player feel any type of loyalty to the staff or program if there are enough numbers at their position?

It's on the coaches to develop the players and set the culture not to just look for another body when they can't do their job.

Advertisement
Back