Another Portal Jumper From South Fla

First and foremost, gotta get your facts right. In this situation Wilson didn't reject us. We never pursued.

True, but I think the overall question still stands, right? How many second chance kids do we take? Maybe it matters what the context of their recruitment looks like, but it looks like the opportunities to bring kids "back" is only growing

Advertisement
True, but I think the overall question still stands, right? How many second chance kids do we take? Maybe it matters what the context of their recruitment looks like, but it looks like the opportunities to bring kids "back" is only growing
I do understand the concern. This particular situation is a bit different than most. The only reason it's getting a lot of attention is because he plays a position of need.

Advertisement
From UGA board:

A major contributor from Georgia's 2019 defense could be looking to move on. Dawgs247 has learned that redshirt sophomore defensive back Divaad Wilson has entered the NCAA's student-athlete transfer portal.

Having entered the portal, Wilson can be recruited by other programs and can explore his options but is not required to transfer. He can elect to come back to the program if he so chooses and UGA will allow it.

The 6-foot 190-pound defender saw action in 13 games last season with two starts at the STAR/nickel position. He amassed 24 total tackles and one pass breakup while pulling down his first and only career interception in the 23-17 win over Notre Dame. He returned that interception for 11 yards.

The only game he missed was UGA's 2020 Allstate Sugar Bowl matchup with Baylor. He didn't make the trip with the team for undisclosed reasons. Wilson was expected to battle for the STAR position again in 2020 and potentially cross train at safety to help create some depth. If he does indeed move on, UGA will have Webb, now a senior, at STAR as well as sophomore Tyrique Stevenson.

some interesting chatter on that UGA site. They think he left because Ringo is pushing for time , along with Stevenson. and it seems they are currently sitting at at least 1, maybe 2 schollies over 85.... (with wilson gone)

Advertisement
Advertisement
We will kick the tires here and there is interest on Wilson’s side. That doesn’t mean he’s a take yet, but keep your eyes on this one.

I think he’s UCF bound, any beef that was had prior won’t effect anything with us. Heard he loves Radio and that’s my guess

Advertisement
The never-ending battle of taking talent vs. further downgrading the value of your scholarship offer with guys that rejected you in their recruitment window. If we keep taking everyone sloppy seconds, how are we going to become a destination for SFL elite talent again? On the other hand... it's easier to win with said talent on the roster than not. Idk - I'm torn. I think it's better to have guys in your program for 3-5 years than just taking everyone that takes a bag and then gets homesick back for a second (or third, or fourth...)chance. Decisions, decisions...
This. This 100%.
Minus Wilson never spurned us neither side was interested. But I get your point

Advertisement
Back