Another Perspective on Miami and Mario

Usual split among the board. They're an indecisive crowd. It's gonna take more of the same for him to be gone. Cause honestly if he gets the ship righted now and we win 8 or 9 he's going nowhere. Alot more backlash then theres been but it all starts with the people that were never on board with him being hired. Alot of it has to do with more questions about Blake's leadership than Mandy's.
Right the ship? We are listing like the Titanic. There is no f'ing way this team is winning at UVA and at UNC with this guy at the helm. We are more than capable of losing at Pitt. NC State and GT are equivalent to MSU and by then our kids will be mailing it in.

Advertisement
Right the ship? We are listing like the Titanic. There is no f'ing way this team is winning at UVA and at UNC with this guy at the helm. We are more than capable of losing at Pitt. NC State and GT are equivalent to MSU and by then our kids will be mailing it in.

This. It's a forgone conclusion. The 4 game stretch after CCCst will be his death knell. He won't make it out of October (and without being blownout twice).

It’s pretty nice out here.
I wanted to retire in Napa. Absolutely love the state. On our last visit, like always, we spent a few days in San Francisco before heading down through Sausalito towards Napa. People in groups shooting heroine on the streets and not being able to eat outside because of purse snatching was it’s swan song for me. Their baggage is the reason more people are leaving it, as opposed to moving there. There are other more appealing places that are “pretty nice” too. Next state up

Hold on!! Don’t we have a poster in here that’s related to Mirabal? I’m sure must all and Mario are a package deal. Or at least I hope so.
He stopped posting during the Flowe recruitment.
He should know more about it then anyone else.
That was Mirabal Cane. He was a nice guy but he deleted his account. Another example of a few people on here being asswipes to others and hurting the greater board.

Advertisement
Horses ? That’s a stupid comment if he said it , we have horrible coaching with good talent. Which makes good talent average to above average. People talk about stars but sleep on coaching. The best staffs “ coaching “ mixed with talent wins. We have more talent than anyone in the coastal and will likely lose 5-6 games. The days of lining up and out talenting people is dead. Bama has the best talent , best coaching / scheming , best sc program and **** near double the money spent on football than the second team. We suck them off the they make the MLB look fair with the with the haves and have nots .
Crib - I am on board that we have horrible coaching which reflects in our gameday performance. I moved out to Lower Alabama and its a different world here. I coach at Spanish Fort High school and these coaches are the real deal ( make 6 figures). If they had some of the SFL or CFL kids then it would be unfair.

Anyways coaching matters!

2nd part - my neighbor is a college ref and has done a ton of SEC games. He told me yesterday that Diaz is a punk (passive aggressive) and has had numerous run ins with him when he was at Miss State. He was laughing about how bad of a coaching job Diaz is doing and the lack of discipline in the program. It all starts at the top which we know includes B James. This is coming from a guy that said he felt Miami was going to give Bama a run for their money week 1. My other neighbors all big time Bama alumni were nervous about our playmakers. Coaching, scheme, discipline, toughness etc.. We need all of those.

To much parity now like you said. We need to start at the top with the AD and trickle it down to have any real chance at success. But, we all know that. Hopefully we can bring Mario home and right this ship.

I wanted to retire in Napa. Absolutely love the state. On our last visit, like always, we spent a few days in San Francisco before heading down through Sausalito towards Napa. People in groups shooting heroine on the streets and not being able to eat outside because of purse snatching was it’s swan song for me. Their baggage is the reason more people are leaving it, as opposed to moving there. There are other more appealing places that are “pretty nice” too. Next state up
I’m in the North Bay Area and SF is a mess with the homeless and heroin needles in the streets. I go in there for dim sum and stuff and leave. The weather is great and wine country is beautiful. Great wine, produce and meals abound.

I’m in the North Bay Area and SF is a mess with the homeless and heroin needles in the streets. I go in there for dim sum and stuff and leave. The weather is great and wine country is beautiful. Great wine, produce and meals abound.
Nanking is up there with Franklin’s and La Bernardin for me. 😔

Crazy that it comes to this to light a fire under Blake.
P
I just got back from SF the day before the Bama game. Went to Napa and Sonoma. Shocking how dry and just scorched earth looking it is out there- the drought is unreal. The fires are far enough away they weren’t affecting the vineyards. I wasn’t enamored with SF. I like other parts of Cali much better.

Advertisement
Crib - I am on board that we have horrible coaching which reflects in our gameday performance. I moved out to Lower Alabama and its a different world here. I coach at Spanish Fort High school and these coaches are the real deal ( make 6 figures). If they had some of the SFL or CFL kids then it would be unfair.

Anyways coaching matters!

2nd part - my neighbor is a college ref and has done a ton of SEC games. He told me yesterday that Diaz is a punk (passive aggressive) and has had numerous run ins with him when he was at Miss State. He was laughing about how bad of a coaching job Diaz is doing and the lack of discipline in the program. It all starts at the top which we know includes B James. This is coming from a guy that said he felt Miami was going to give Bama a run for their money week 1. My other neighbors all big time Bama alumni were nervous about our playmakers. Coaching, scheme, discipline, toughness etc.. We need all of those.

To much parity now like you said. We need to start at the top with the AD and trickle it down to have any real chance at success. But, we all know that. Hopefully we can bring Mario home and right this ship.
Go enter Cribby in search and manny and passive aggressive lol. You’ll probably have ten pages of reading . He’s a passive aggressive beta. That’s why kids don‘t respect him and probably why his recruiting has always been suspect.

If I’m betting he was telling Alonzo “ yeah man , I think this is a great idea. The more smart guys in the building the better “. Then running to ***** Blake saying “
there’s no way this is happening or that I’ll work with him above me“.

Fact is he chose Manny in hours ( if that ) and most of these folks don’t care , so Blake has more power than he should. You technically can’t go rogue hiring people but at Miami they’ll co sign on whatever. As you know theres a small group that gives a ****.

There was multiple people extremely ****ed with how it was handled, especially the pro Mario people.

The folks that just signed off didn’t care enough to know hiring a guy from a failed staff within hours , paying a buyout to get him back , with zero search was malpractice. That’s why we stay in this position every 3-5 years.
Follow up Q - how do I get a job with bosses that don't mind if I squander $4m?

I'd be squandering it on hookers and blow for myself, rather than a buyout for a coach that was in your building the week before - but I mean it amounts to the same thing, right?

Follow up Q - how do I get a job with bosses that don't mind if I squander $4m?

I'd be squandering it on hookers and blow for myself, rather than a buyout for a coach that was in your building the week before - but I mean it amounts to the same thing, right?
The whole thing was malpractice and even bigger embarrassment

P

I just got back from SF the day before the Bama game. Went to Napa and Sonoma. Shocking how dry and just scorched earth looking it is out there- the drought is unreal. The fires are far enough away they weren’t affecting the vineyards. I wasn’t enamored with SF. I like other parts of Cali much better.
Stress those vines 🍇 lol All kidding aside, it’s just not what it was. Like most things, the only constant is change. This one just changed for the worse. I love San Diego, Carmel, LA and Malibu too….. **** the entire coast is to die for. All are no longer cool. They just became obsessed with money and greed. It’s all about status and a highbrow attitude. I liked the Napa that was full of farmers and pickup trucks.

Advertisement
Nanking is up there with Franklin’s and La Bernardin for me. 😔
Been to La Bernardin ions ago. If you’re talking Franklins in Texas - I’d love to try their brisket. Haven’t been to Nanking yet.

Did the drive from Dana Point to Sonoma over a week period a few years ago with the wife. One of the best times we’ve had. Highly recommend.

Been to La Bernardin ions ago. If you’re talking Franklins in Texas - I’d love to try their brisket. Haven’t been to Nanking yet.
I had franklins two Friday's ago. Good Belly is an amazing site. It’s better there fwiw but it was pretty amazing.

Advertisement
Stress those vines 🍇 lol All kidding aside, it’s just not what it was. Like most things, the only constant is change. This one just changed for the worse. I love San Diego, Carmel, LA and Malibu too….. **** the entire coast is to die for. All are no longer cool. They just became obsessed with money and greed. It’s all about status and a highbrow attitude. I liked the Napa that was full of farmers and pickup trucks.
Gotta go to Oregon for that vibe now.

For the LSU-Miami game, my brother and I hit Franklins on Saturday morning. Got there about 5 am, we were third in line, and we brought tailgate chairs. WELL worth it, got to meet Aaron Franklin. Not only did we order (and eat SOME of) all the meats on the menu, we loaded up a cooler too (not in line, but still, the people behind us were not happy).

Unbelievable brisket. Unbelievable. Love that place. Will go back EVERY TIME I hit Austin.

Also, you need to try the ONLY OTHER PLACE that Aaron Franklin goes to in Austin, it's called Valentina's.

Imo they‘ll wait until he drops some Acc games , maybe a beat down by like. Uva or Unc. Let him at least get eliminated from the Coarstal. Like I said other day his hail marg attempt is going with a youth movement and hoping a miracle happens.
UVA is on a Thursday. I believe it's tradition to get buttfcked on a short week Thursday game, under this clown show.

Advertisement
Back