Another November

View as article
Advertisement
I wonder how different the skill position group looks in 2024. I’m sure attrition and upgrades but that entire group is missing firepower.

Parrish
Chaney
Allen
Chris Johnson
Citizen
Colbie
X
Brashard
George
Skinner

How many of these 10 actually come back or are asked to look elsewhere?

I think the overall who will be back is the important question…

Last night people were like next year FSU loses everyone and we have everyone back…. That’s a BIG assumption…

You are making excuses. Did Urban go undefeated with a roster that Golden beat? With QBs that D'onofrio dominated?
No, unless you count Braxton Miller going out in the 1st quarter being dominated….Bauserman is probably selling insurance now…you only proving my point..they were a good QB away from being an elite team

In fact, name one TEAM recently that had won a title without a competent QB ?

I expect us to end up with a starter-quality guy who has produced. We’ll see.
@DMoney do you see Dawson returning? If not I worry that we will not be able to land a top tier QB until we have an OC set which will delay the entire back channeling process and leave us with scraps. What are your thoughts if you can say?

Advertisement
And on that sack in the second quarter we had Riley Williams running wide open to on a crossing route to the right of the field. Had deloach(#4) been blocked it would have been a big play
That was the crosser I was referring to.
**** happens but the mental stuff drives me crazy.

ezgif-1-4f84fd6bd9.gif

Advertisement
FSU beat us because of 3 things - and they are the 3 things we are missing

1. A big time play maker at QB, WR, and RB.

2. Offensive sceme. Open the field and gets players in space

3. In game coaching adjustments. Novell and his staff adjusted to what we were doing, and we didn’t adjust or couldn’t adjust back

O and of course the refs helped them

We were the better team everywhere else.
Fsu was better on special teams. Their punter was more effective than ours, their fg kicker didn’t miss, ours did. While ladsen made a heads up play on the onsides recovery, they got a huge punt return.

No, unless you count Braxton Miller going out in the 1st quarter being dominated….Bauserman is probably selling insurance now…you only proving my point..they were a good QB away from being an elite team

In fact, name one TEAM recently that had won a title without a competent QB ?
You mean Braxton, the QB D'onofrio dominated, yes. Did Urban go undefeated with him? Was a coach what OSU needed?

You're just trying to make an excuse for Mario. I'm not going to bite. His record speaks for itself.

Advertisement
FSU came out of last season a lot like us. They were a solid team with some nice pieces, some good wins, bad losses, but overall a team that fights. Then they went to the portal and got better amd deeper at every position.

You mean Braxton, the QB D'onofrio dominated, yes. Did Urban go undefeated with him? Was a coach what OSU needed?

You're just trying to make an excuse for Mario. I'm not going to bite. His record speaks for itself.
There’s a reason you haven’t named a single coach or team that has won without a QB.

I couldn’t care less about making an excuse for Mario an didn’t even mention his name until now.

Where is Zo in all this. He can't be happy with what he's seeing and the regression of the offense. he needs to handle mario on not touching the offense.
I don't think it's a factor on this front but I was just wondering about Zo's actual offensive philosophy. For all I know, he might be a caveman too when it comes to gameday beliefs/actions.

Advertisement
Talent gap closed isn't a sign of progress:

2021 we were favored and we came out flat and then came back to have a let-down against FSU. Manny's only loss.

2022 Mario gets murdered 45-3. Did FSU close the talent gap or the coaching gap?

2023 Mario looses again but it was close. Great, Golden did that as well.

This talent gap thing is nonsense. Good coaches win with loser players. Every championship coach over the last 40 years hasn't needed time to get more talent before they started producing strong winning seasons.

Mario has already missed the mark on #of wins in the first two years on what every other championship coach the last 40 years. Most of them didn't have the portal. None had stacked classes.
2022 was the cumulation of a lot of bad trend lines. Off the top
of my head, first and foremost was poor offensive line play against an increasingly fortified FSU defense (via the portal). Richt and Manny had failed at OL recruiting and it manifested itself throughout 2022.

There’s a reason you haven’t named a single coach or team that has won without a QB.
Because you're trying to shift the blame from Mario to his happenstance of not having a QB.

If only there was some kind of job out there where you search and find quarterbacks. Maybe somehow mentor them, motivate them, or give them tips to get better. I don't know.

Pinning our hopes on a portal miracle at QB, it's still funny seeing people saying this is the way.

Any OC we face recruiting QB X this off season would only need 15 minutes to show why having a QB isn't needed here besides handing off the ball. It isn't even worth my time explaining how and why that is, but it's there for all to see in the film.
The counter to that is you have a physically damaged QB in Van Dyke, a very raw freshman in Emory, and a QB that needed development that hasn’t played all season in Jacurri. I can see why Mario and Dawson went more conservative as the season went on.

If Quinn Ewers was behind the line of scrimmage I am less inclined to think we are just handing it off.

Advertisement
Back