Another November

View as article
Advertisement
**** is sad, Miami should be the top of college football when it comes to offense, yet these ***** for the past 20 years minus a couple years of lashlee has been a **** show.

Kiko has been the best LB we’re had probably since Denzel Perryman. Really impressed with him and he’s been the leader of the defense. Does he have another year of eligibility?

If Damari and Richard continue to play like they did yesterday they should be starters next year with Porter

Wes Bissanthe was all over the field as well

A lot of bright spots on this team, but the season has been soured by two glaring gaps/issues -

1. The QB and management of the QB room

2. Our HCs involvement in the offense (he needs to stay away) and his decision making (GT kneel, not sticking with Emory after Clemson, his terrible use of TOs and micromanaging games to try and squeeze out close wins, etc.)

It’s really unfortunate because this should be a 1 to 2 loss team. Instead we could end up with 5 or 6 have no momentum on the trail and continue talking about not having enough talent at key spots

Advertisement
.500 coach, .500 results. If Mario was in Miami, if Mario could recruit with money….

The only question is if Mario can get out of his own way? He is the worst game day coach we have had, and that is saying something. Simply amazing he has coached this long and shows this incompetence, but some of us saw this in him prior to the hire. Others just did not want to face reality as he is a Miami guy

Mario has one hope and that is to build a roster so stacked that they win in spite of his decision on the field. However, these two season will make that very difficult. I said I hope I eats crow, but so far I’m going hungry.

I am tired of guys that want to rebuild the past. Our great coaches built their own identity and did not live on what someone else built. Give me a coach that is going to build a team and not worry about what Miami was, let them build their brand of swagger. Stop trying to be something you do not understand, nor achieved by wearing a helmet.

FSU has talent now? I would have sworn reading these boards the last two years they don’t. Only reason they were/are winning is 6th year Travis.

We have the player talent to win games. We don’t have the corching talent to win games.

FSU beat us because of 3 things - and they are the 3 things we are missing

1. A big time play maker at QB, WR, and RB.

2. Offensive sceme. Open the field and gets players in space

3. In game coaching adjustments. Novell and his staff adjusted to what we were doing, and we didn’t adjust or couldn’t adjust back

O and of course the refs helped them

We were the better team everywhere else.

I'm disappointed like most but our only hope this year of having a better year than most predicted (most predicted 7-5,8-4) was if TVD would emerge and he did the opposite

Louisville will be tough and who knows if we'll drop a few more with the qb situation and now emory being hurt --- will we play jacurri just to see what he has?

still a chance to be 9-4 with the kneel issue at GT costing us a 10 win season in year 2

if we hold onto our recruiting class and get a top flight qb in the portal I think we're a 10 win team next year and I think that's the definition of progress

Advertisement
For the past twenty years, Miami has collapsed in November. We are 0-2. At least we don't have to talk about our chances to win the Coastal anymore.

Yesterday's performance was not bad. Miami had a chance to tie at the end, on the road, without the benefit of a single turnover. The teams were not far apart talent wise.

The problem is that the head coach and quarterback already threw away two games before this one. That's the frustration. This team is clearly improved across the board and yet we are positioned for another November nightmare. The players are deflated and the QB is spiraling. These next two games are enormous- there is a major difference between 8-4 with momentum and 6-6 with toxicity. Some specific thoughts:

- Emory Williams won over a lot of teammates with those two runs. At this point, I would project him more as an ideal game-manager backup. That doesn't mean he can't be more than that, but we need to procure a starter from the Portal.

- While the talent gap has closed (and Miami has the advantage at several spots), FSU has a major advantage in terms of impact skill. As @Cribby noted, Miami lacks difference makers and explosive players even beyond scheme issues. We need more explosive runs and one-on-one wins at WR.

- Respect to Frank Ladson for the play of his career. He went and high-pointed the onside kick and took a huge hit in the process.

- Jacolby George was probably the second-saddest person in the stadium when Emory went down. He is continuing to develop and was getting looks he doesn't see with Tyler Van Dyke. If Van Dyke is going to start salvaging his season, he will need to find George like he did against TAMU.

- Francisco Mauigoia is having a monster year. 54 tackles, 15 TFLs, 6.5 sacks and an INT. We need to keep the Poly pipeline going in the Portal.

- Damari Brown and Jadais Richard showed physical ability and hopefully gained some confidence against two future pros. Brown and Richard are huge for the future of the DB position. One or both may even grow into safeties. I expect Miami to chase an impact corner or two in the Portal.

- Mark Fletcher missed some holes yesterday. He seemed amped up. We need a bounceback next week against a Louisville team that is Top 10 against the run.

- Unless someone runs out of the back of the end zone like Dan Orlosvky, we may never see a safety again.
D$ whats happening behind the scenes with the offensive scheme we have regressed and have become a predictable offense there’s no creativity no setting up of plays etc

Advertisement
We definitely need portal help, we waisted one of the best OL we've had in years, Mario was way too late in making a QB change once TVD started to crumble and the week before the FSU game he should have named EW the starter Monday, not Thursday and gotten him all the reps with the starters. I agree we need a portal stud at QB along with a dog WR like Rambo who helped make TVD look better than he really was. We're not that far off, we've been in every game and should be 7-3, that GT loss is ridiculous. If we would have had at least decent QB play in the second half of the season we could be 9-1, unfortunately we might finish with two more losses with TVD starting again. His int last night proves he's lost, X was wide open and he threw across the grain and lost the game for us. We need an Addison/Rambo type portal receiver.

Meanwhile, the Jardiace chick says she has two types of diabetes and she’s living well yet, she weighs 350. You’re not living well at all Jardiance chick.

This team is a good QB away from being really good.

Sadly, it’s the most important position in all of sports, and a lot of teams can say what I did above. It’s what separates the contenders from the pretenders. But you stick someone like Michael Pratt on this team from Day 1 of camp, it’s a Top 15 team. We have plenty of talent, and that will continue to improve. But you need a difference maker at QB to be a good team. We don’t have one, and TVD has been a net negative since October.

Advertisement
Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

FSU beat us because of 3 things - and they are the 3 things we are missing

1. A big time play maker at QB, WR, and RB.

2. Offensive sceme. Open the field and gets players in space

3. In game coaching adjustments. Novell and his staff adjusted to what we were doing, and we didn’t adjust or couldn’t adjust back

O and of course the refs helped them

We were the better team everywhere else.

Better coaching, better use of the portal which is coaching, better adjustments which is coaching, development vs destruction of the QB position which is coaching….

I think we’re onto something here man…

Kiko has been the best LB we’re had probably since Denzel Perryman. Really impressed with him and he’s been the leader of the defense. Does he have another year of eligibility?

If Damari and Richard continue to play like they did yesterday they should be starters next year with Porter

Wes Bissanthe was all over the field as well

A lot of bright spots on this team, but the season has been soured by two glaring gaps/issues -

1. The QB and management of the QB room

2. Our HCs involvement in the offense (he needs to stay away) and his decision making (GT kneel, not sticking with Emory after Clemson, his terrible use of TOs and micromanaging games to try and squeeze out close wins, etc.)

It’s really unfortunate because this should be a 1 to 2 loss team. Instead we could end up with 5 or 6 have no momentum on the trail and continue talking about not having enough talent at key spots
Kiko has another year.

Advertisement
Back