Another coaching blooper reel

See, I don't mind if people are gonna dog the pre-snap alignments but atleast know WTF you're talkin about.

The first play in question...

Burns HAS to be on the TE side. We're playing zone. Who do you think is covering the TE if he goes vertical? Also, what if they run toss? The problem is yall don't know the difference between zone and man. In zone, LB's match up with WR's all the time. Burn is either playing Cover-2, in which case he has the flats, or Cover-3 where he has the TE releasing vertical. The Linebacker that's lined up on the #2 is covering flats. Just cause he's got a ****in' WR across from him doesn't mean he's playing man on him. SMH

Honestly, not a single alignment (screen shot) in this thread is wrong.[/B] They're all pretty standard.

So when you said not a single alignment in this thread was wrong, you weren't talking about one of the alignments in this thread?

Stick to telling us about the genius of Dorito, not reading.

Doesn't look like they're lined up in that play to me. Looks like they didn't line-up in time. That doesn't look like the alignment they're supposed to be in. If you wanna fault them for not getting lined up in time, so be it, but they're not "lined up".

Advertisement
WildcatDefense just said "not a single play in this thread was wrong" and then followed it up by saying he wasn't talking about one of the plays in this this thread. These are the types of people who get the wool pulled over their eyes by Dorito. It's disturbing.

OK, so riddle me this: why is the OLB on top of PErryman in the pic lined up where he is? Why he isn't he lined up closer to the WR's so he can make a play on the slot guy if it's a quick pass?

Drrrr...

Cause he's the edge player and he's blitzing.

Again, you don't know WTF you're looking at. Teams like up this way against trips all the time.

You dumbass, I'm talking about the LB next to Perryman that isn't lined up on the edge. Why is he towards the middle of the field and not towards the 3 WR's so that he'd be in a good position to clean up any short passes?

No wonder you coach ****** HS ball for a living. Jesus.

Wow, you are ******' retarded.

That's a ****** Safety, you tool.

SMH.

LOL @ ****** high school football. ***** I didn't even allow a 1st down on Friday night.

WildcatDefense just said "not a single play in this thread was wrong" and then followed it up by saying he wasn't talking about one of the plays in this this thread. These are the types of people who get the wool pulled over their eyes by Dorito. It's disturbing.

I said ALIGNMENT. They're not aligned in that pic. SMH

Another bizarre play. View attachment 25775

I'm hoping somebody like Lu can explain what they are aiming to do here, because I really don't get it. On this play, the linebacker on the side with all the WR's shows blitz pre-snap. So, if it's a short pass, and he actually blitzes, we're covering 3 WR's with 2 guys. He does blitz and they swing it to the wide open guy for an effortless 6-7 yard gain. Like what is their philosophy behind doing that? I'm not trying to be snide at all. I'm genuinely curious why they think alignments like this make sense.

According to Wildcat defense, the guy right next to the referee is a safety. What is this guy talking about?

Advertisement

They're aligned. They're just aligned improperly.

Lets try a different tact Wildcat. Tell us why what we run is wrong and how we tried to stop the run last night was the wrong scheme.

What would you have done differently?

There's little to nothing wrong with the alignments in this thread. I've already exposed an alignment issue in Lu's thread earlier.

What would I have done differently?

I would've played Cover-3 majority of the game. Different variations. I certainly wouldn't have been in 2-high most of the game like we were. I also would scrap that "read-n-react" stuff we're doing with the D-line.

If Bush was calling for somebody to come over and get lined up then how were they aligned?

If Bush was calling for somebody to come over and get lined up then how were they aligned?

This guy is serious with this folks. :stephenahand:

Advertisement

I'm hoping somebody like Lu can explain what they are aiming to do here, because I really don't get it. On this play, the linebacker on the side with all the WR's shows blitz pre-snap. So, if it's a short pass, and he actually blitzes, we're covering 3 WR's with 2 guys. He does blitz and they swing it to the wide open guy for an effortless 6-7 yard gain. Like what is their philosophy behind doing that? I'm not trying to be snide at all. I'm genuinely curious why they think alignments like this make sense.

According to Wildcat defense, the guy right next to the referee is a safety. What is this guy talking about?

Please explain how the guy right on top of the referee is a safety.

You need to specify who you're talking about bro, cause you don't know WTF you're looking at. If you're talking about the player next to the ref, then yes that's a LB. He can't move over the slot because then we'll barely have anybody in the box vs the run. He's aligned fine.

So if everything is standard run of the mill defenses that other teams run, what is the problem? This question is for coach Macho and please don't tell me the players are missing their assignments. Theres clearly a coaching problem.

freelancing, obviously

Lets try a different tact Wildcat. Tell us why what we run is wrong and how we tried to stop the run last night was the wrong scheme.

What would you have done differently?

There's little to nothing wrong with the alignments in this thread. I've already exposed an alignment issue in Lu's thread earlier.

What would I have done differently?

I would've played Cover-3 majority of the game. Different variations. I certainly wouldn't have been in 2-high most of the game like we were. I also would scrap that "read-n-react" stuff we're doing with the D-line.

I think last nights game showed our corners are not very good tacklers as well. Our Dline got zero pressure and their oline got to the 2nd level and our LB's. I'd switch up to single gap and slant and shut down seams on the line. We have to start playing down hill. This 2 gap read-n-react is bull**** and it showed itself again last night.

Advertisement

You need to specify who you're talking about bro, cause you don't know WTF you're looking at. If you're talking about the player next to the ref, then yes that's a LB. He can't move over the slot because then we'll barely have anybody in the box vs the run. He's aligned fine.

You need to learn to read. Or rather, I need to specify who I'm talking about better because people like you are slow. Like, I'm talking to a guy who thinks there's nothing wrong with UM failing to cover a slot WR.

All I really got out of this discussion is that UM put themselves in a position where if NE called the right play, they'd easily pick up 5-6 yards. And that's exactly what happened.

OK, so riddle me this: why is the OLB on top of PErryman in the pic lined up where he is? Why he isn't he lined up closer to the WR's so he can make a play on the slot guy if it's a quick pass?

This is where you had me ****ed up. The OLB? That's an Inside Linebacker by the ref.

It would all be different if they allowed the DL to get vertical and be somewhat disruptive. They just stand up and engage the Oline, waiting to see if there's a qb/rb exchange, or if it's a pass play. At this point, having a LB slide between the nt and de and let him leap, vault, roll or jump into backfield, right between the tackle and guard. Why not, eh? Could use a variation in the comedy we're witnessing.

Advertisement

You need to learn to read. Or rather, I need to specify who I'm talking about better because people like you are slow. Like, I'm talking to a guy who thinks there's nothing wrong with UM failing to cover a slot WR.

All I really got out of this discussion is that UM put themselves in a position where if NE called the right play, they'd easily pick up 5-6 yards. And that's exactly what happened.

You're arguing with me about pre-snap alignments but I'm a DC who actually fields pretty good high school defenses. (with inferior talent)

So who's the idiot?

You asked for opinions on the pre-snap alignments. I gave them to you, from the mind of an expert. Now that my opinions don't coincide with your agenda you have become insulting.

Again...

Who's the idiot?

You're arguing with me about pre-snap alignments but I'm a DC who actually fields pretty good high school defenses. (with inferior talent)

So who's the idiot?

You asked for opinions on the pre-snap alignments. I gave them to you, from the mind of an expert. Now that my opinions don't coincide with your agenda you have become insulting.

Again...

Who's the idiot?

:jordan:

You actually helped me really understand this. I see what UM is thinking now and how they constantly put players in positions and expect them to make plays that we know they can't make.

Macho knows his stuff. Macho what is your opinion of the d the last few yrs. I mean it has been the worst d in history. Why?

You do realize that players are moving after this still shot, right?

So while you see 3 receivers and only 2 defenders out wide, that doesn't mean it's gonna be that way post snap. Regardless, there's 3 defensive backs over there. There's a CB, a Free Safety and a Strong Safety. We're running a "Double Eagle" front. Both DE's lined up outside the Guards, both OLB's blitzing. It's most likely Cover-3 behind that, which means the Free Safety has #3 vertical. If 3 doesn't go vertical he rolls to #2. The Strong Safety has flats. The CB has deep 1/3 of the field. The Inside Linebacker has hook-to-curl zone. (i.e. #3 shallow) The CB at the bottom of the screen is basically manned up on the TE.

Nothing unordinary about this alignment.
If all these alignments are standard then why do they never work?

Advertisement
Back