Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
Our fans out here trying to set up Manny up for failure. Without knowing how good we or the teams we play actually are, there’s already all these demands being placed on him, a 1st time head coach.

I think we have the ingredients to potentially have a special season but I’m not gonna be joining you in the banner flying if we don’t go 15-0.

Tate Martell was told to transfer from Ohio State even before Fields got there lol
20190521_123856.jpg
20190521_123926.jpg

Put two and two together, lil dude

Our fans out here trying to set up Manny up for failure. Without knowing how good we or the teams we play actually are, there’s already all these demands being placed on him, a 1st time head coach.

I think we have the ingredients to potentially have a special season but I’m not gonna be joining you in the banner flying if we don’t go 15-0.
Nobody said 15-0....but 3rd in the Coastal is Terrible...Already demands placed on him??....1st time HC??...Where have I heard this before??....If We can't win the Coastal this yr....With the upgrades in coaching...I honestly don't know what to say...Pitt Won it last yr...and we still beat them...

Some scoring “drives” given up in our losses:

LSU

7 plays 22 yds FG
Pick 6 TD
4 plays 5 yds FG

UVA

2 plays 7 yds TD

BC

7 plays 9 yds FG
1 play 14 yds TD

Duke

4 plays 3 yds TD
5 plays 29 yds FG

GT

3 plays 23 yds TD
7 plays 18 yds FG
4 plays 4 yds FG

Won’t even bother going over that **** show in New York against Wisconsin

Our offense wasn’t just awful. At times it was actually an advantage for other teams to have it out there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Its not a good look either way. He basically told the guy he wasn't good enough.
How many QBs in CFB wouldn't be told the exact same thing? 3. Tua, Lawrence, Fromm. That's it. If Oregon knew Fields was coming they would have told Herbert to turn pro. Herbert for one year or Fields for 2 or 3, which sounds better?

We were worried about replacing Jenkins and Carter after 2016. Red wine and Johnson stepped right up.

Worried about freshman linebackers and had our best defense in years.

Norton and Mac went pro early, what are we gonna do? Have one of the top total defenses in the nation.

Have we not learned? Doubting Manny is foolish. The defense will be fine. As long as we press the slots and don’t go crazy with the safety blitz, we may field his best defense yet. Jon Ford taking the next step is huge.

The reason we have not had a truly dominant defense is because we have not had a dominant nose tackle. I liked Norton, but we need to start fielding top three round prospects at the nose. Our three techs have been awesome. If we can get a 1 tech that can truly command and control the double team, it is game over. We will have the best defense in the country.
I think Miller will fill that role nicely but we do need more

How many QBs in CFB wouldn't be told the exact same thing? 3. Tua, Lawrence, Fromm. That's it. If Oregon knew Fields was coming they would have told Herbert to turn pro. Herbert for one year or Fields for 2 or 3, which sounds better?
I'm not sure how Martell will pan out, but I don't necessarily think that OSU got the better of that deal. With both my kids at UGA, I've seen Fields play on several occasions and frankly I'm not impressed. Kid is a heck of an athlete and a great runner, just not sure he's a QB.

/he'll probably win the Heisman next year

Advertisement
Some scoring “drives” given up in our losses:

LSU

7 plays 22 yds FG
Pick 6 TD
4 plays 5 yds FG

UVA

2 plays 7 yds TD

BC

7 plays 9 yds FG
1 play 14 yds TD

Duke

4 plays 3 yds TD
5 plays 29 yds FG

GT

3 plays 23 yds TD
7 plays 18 yds FG
4 plays 4 yds FG

Won’t even bother going over that **** show in New York against Wisconsin

Our offense wasn’t just awful. At times it was actually an advantage for other teams to have it out there.
**** that’s terrible lol

You claim martell is the chosen one and he is so great. Great players don't get pushed out.

I'm not sure how Martell will pan out, but I don't necessarily think that OSU got the better of that deal. With both my kids at UGA, I've seen Fields play on several occasions and frankly I'm not impressed. Kid is a heck of an athlete and a great runner, just not sure he's a QB.

/he'll probably win the Heisman next year
IMO he will be better than Tua as far as numbers. Not necessarily bc he is more talented but I think the offense he is in will maximize his strengths. I don't think Bama maximizes Tua's strengths as much as they should. I also think Bama makes QBs look better than they actually are bc of all the talent. Look at AJ McCarron (maybe misspelled)

Advertisement
IMO he will be better than Tua as far as numbers. Not necessarily bc he is more talented but I think the offense he is in will maximize his strengths. I don't think Bama maximizes Tua's strengths as much as they should. I also think Bama makes QBs look better than they actually are bc of all the talent. Look at AJ McCarron (maybe misspelled)
Smh, this sounds similar to uf fans saying franks was better than tua...

This is not a normal rebuild, we aren’t starting over on scratch on defense like you would do with a completely new head coach. That side of the ball is solidified. Players come and go every year, the show however doesn’t stop going.

Yes , The offense has been overhauled and I really Think people aren’t taking in consideration just how bad our O impacted the games we lost last year. It was such an abnormal year offensively that anyone that isn’t expecting immediate improvement is on some goofy sh*t tbqh. We are talking about 165 yards passing per game... 1 game all year vs LSU mind you which was the first game of the season over 225 yards passing. Do you know how pathetic that is? When has miami every done some bullsh*t like that? You CANT win games like that with an ineffective passing game. Dan Enos doesn’t roll like that and will immediate fix Miami’s passing game period without any doubt especially with all the weapons and talent he has at his disposal.
I hope your right, but this is the type of perspective that will follow you around for quite sometime if your proven wrong.

Advertisement
Read the original post. He laughed at someone predicting us to finish third. I am saying based on previous seasons that is not unreasonable at this point. of course it is not acceptable.
Previous seasons have nothing to do with now... to think our defense will be better is absurd with everything we lost and few proven players stepping in to fill those wholes. By the end of the season I can see our secondary being substantially better. But only way that's possible is if atleast 3 lineman step up. Nesta really needs to step in with probably Ford in my eyes. Well see what buddy from UCLA brings but I'm hoping he can atleast fill a gap adequately cause our run defense will be critical while the secondary gels. Otherwise could get ugly. Offense will be our biggest weapon.

Previous seasons have nothing to do with now... to think our defense will be better is absurd with everything we lost and few proven players stepping in to fill those wholes. By the end of the season I can see our secondary being substantially better. But only way that's possible is if atleast 3 lineman step up. Nesta really needs to step in with probably Ford in my eyes. Well see what buddy from UCLA brings but I'm hoping he can atleast fill a gap adequately cause our run defense will be critical while the secondary gels. Otherwise could get ugly. Offense will be our biggest weapon.
Defense will be fine.

Advertisement
Back