Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
I think the defense will be better than the 2016 and 2017 units. If ford and nesta keep up with their development i believe the run defense will be much better too.
All I'll say on that is I pray ur right. Both those units were decimated by injuries and lack of depth. Far as our run defense that's another I hope ur right. Should in theory be because both our safeties are primarily box and so long as we stay healthy at lb our scheme should rely heavily on the same things it did which was emphasized outside the tackles. However that worked as well as it did because teams didnt want to run inside due to tackle play being a strength. So anotherwords this defense is gonna be boom or bust. If line excels so will the unit as a whole obviously.

Advertisement
The point is its obvious he has a lot of work to do as a qb. He was pushed out at osu and then he comes here and he struggles.
According to tate the reason he was struggling had nothing to do with being under center. It's because he has adhd and he was taking his meds. Last week of practice he decided NOT to take meds.............🤯

IMO he will be better than Tua as far as numbers. Not necessarily bc he is more talented but I think the offense he is in will maximize his strengths. I don't think Bama maximizes Tua's strengths as much as they should. I also think Bama makes QBs look better than they actually are bc of all the talent. Look at AJ McCarron (maybe misspelled)

You are 100% right about Bama making their QBs look better than they really are. When you are surrounded by 5 star OL, throwing to 5 star WRS/TEs, with 5 star RBs keeping the defense honest. You are going to look way better than you really are.

All I'll say on that is I pray ur right. Both those units were decimated by injuries and lack of depth. Far as our run defense that's another I hope ur right. Should in theory be because both our safeties are primarily box and so long as we stay healthy at lb our scheme should rely heavily on the same things it did which was emphasized outside the tackles. However that worked as well as it did because teams didnt want to run inside due to tackle play being a strength. So anotherwords this defense is gonna be boom or bust. If line excels so will the unit as a whole obviously.
**** diaz defense seems to be boom or bust anyway.
According to tate the reason he was struggling had nothing to do with being under center. It's because he has adhd and he was taking his meds. Last week of practice he decided NOT to take meds.............🤯
He needs to stay off them shîts then. I never heard of medicine effecting your play.

Advertisement

He needs to stay off them shîts then. I never heard of medicine effecting your play.
No arguement out of me on either point. He comes up to me at my table at rolling loud says you saw how I was showing out that last week of practice right! Starts preaching about being an upper classmen and how he felt so sluggish on his meds. Says so he decided to try without them for the last week & i saw the results... i just couldnt stop staring at this lil man and his sister like is this lil prick trying to prank me? Figured javon or someone who always pranks everyone was gonna jump out at any second.

Adderall isn't like normal medicine. If he really has ADD(which he may not since it is extremely over diagnosed) than the difference between being on your meds and off your meds is insane. I knew kids that had ADD that were completely normal when on their meds and when off their meds they couldn't even pay attention long enough to draw a stick figure. I can't even imagine them trying to play football like that.

No arguement out of me on either point. He comes up to me at my table at rolling loud says you saw how I was showing out that last week of practice right! Starts preaching about being an upper classmen and how he felt so sluggish on his meds. Says so he decided to try without them for the last week & i saw the results... i just couldnt stop staring at this lil man and his sister like is this lil prick trying to prank me? Figured javon or someone who always pranks everyone was gonna jump out at any second.
Who do you think the qb will be?

Adderall isn't like normal medicine. If he really has ADD(which he may not since it is extremely over diagnosed) than the difference between being on your meds and off your meds is insane. I knew kids that had ADD that were completely normal when on their meds and when off their meds they couldn't even pay attention long enough to draw a stick figure. I can't even imagine them trying to play football like that.
But he said tate said he played better off his meds not on them.

Advertisement
Why is Miami the only team in the Coastal with holes to fill? Miami isn’t. And, just as QB play will determine Miami’s fate, it will also determine the other teams as well. I don’t see a single ACC QB on Miami’s schedule that is projected to be on anyone’s NFL roster.

UNC - Nathan Elliot, starter last year, has left the program to coach. 2019: two rFr; one true freshman. Suratt switched to LB
VT - Josh Jackson transferred; Ryan Willis starter
UVA - Bryce Perkins ... 11/21; 92 yds; 3 INTs (let it marinate if your blood doesn’t boil first)
GT - ????
Pitt - Kenny Pickett
FSU - Blackmon, Hornibrook
Louisville - Jawon Pass (projected starter)
Duke - Quentin Harris (projected Starter)

- The Coastal is horrible!
- 3 bye weeks
- leave Florida 3 times and one “away” game is at Marlins Park
- 3 Coastal teams have completely new staffs
- 5 teams on schedule will have new starters.
I agree on the overall point but slightly disagree about qb play. Unc for instance buddy left because the staff is all in on cade. Anxious to see how that plays out. Also gt will get actual qb play with a new system where qb play actually matters. If **** be any good well see but as far as actual qb play opposed to a qb who's a glorified rb how could it be any worse. Hornibrook well have to see
Could be a problem potentially. Guess well see if willie lump lump stays out Briles way or not.

But he said tate said he played better off his meds not on them.

Ohhhhh. I thought he was blaming his poor performance on not taking his meds. I bet his parents got him diagnosed as a kid so he got extra time on tests/ SATs and so he could legally get adderall to help him study(tons of kids at the U have addy scripts even though they don't really have ADD). And he just realized he doesn't really need the meds. If you don't need addys and you take them they make you very anxious, jittery, etc. So he probably would play better off the meds.

Lots of college students, especially ones with challenging schedules, including pre-med etc, “have ADHD” which then magically resolves when they graduate. No more ADHD.

Unless they need to study for the bar, or go on to Medical or Pharmacy school, at which time they then have a relapse and re-acquire their ADHD and need their Adderall again.

Advertisement
Who do you think the qb will be?
Could be any of the three honestly. Nkosi & jarren both look alot better than last year. Nkosi and tate are jitterish & for me I'm not a fan of a qb who creates his own issues possibly more often than necessary. That's not to say I wouldn't be happy with either of them starting but I'd love to see jarren get over this last lil hurdle. His arm talent & accuracy are on a different level from the other two while his athleticism is on par with both. For me in an ideal world I want a qb who can do it all for us. I think from a passing stand point(which is essential for ur qb obviously) jarren is the only one who checks that box.

Could be any of the three honestly. Nkosi & jarren both look alot better than last year. Nkosi and tate are jitterish & for me I'm not a fan of a qb who creates his own issues possibly more often than necessary. That's not to say I wouldn't be happy with either of them starting but I'd love to see jarren get over this last lil hurdle. His arm talent & accuracy are on a different level from the other two while his athleticism is on par with both. For me in an ideal world I want a qb who can do it all for us. I think from a passing stand point(which is essential for ur qb obviously) jarren is the only one who checks that box.

What is Jarrens little hurdle?

Yep, I've seen a few friends that are like zombies on those meds but are really happy and outgoing off them

IMO he will be better than Tua as far as numbers. Not necessarily bc he is more talented but I think the offense he is in will maximize his strengths. I don't think Bama maximizes Tua's strengths as much as they should. I also think Bama makes QBs look better than they actually are bc of all the talent. Look at AJ McCarron (maybe misspelled)

If Martell puts up better numbers then Tua we will be winning #6.

Advertisement
Back