Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
This can be said against any “top “ ranked defense. What did Michigan look like vs Ohio state ? Or bama against a number of teams they played In 2018

To me, if you're only going to look at 1 metric, it's yards per play allowed. I ran the numbers for the past 3 years combined. A couple caveats:

1. Obviously, this is not all equal, because teams play totally different schedules. At least in the NFL, there's some commonality. But if you compare Miami vs say someone like Colorado, they don't have a single common opponent. So this isn't the end all measuring stick. But it's the best we can do

2. I only looked at games vs FBS teams. I have zero interest in how teams perform in the 4th quarter against Prairie View. FBS only

3. This is how the defenses are ranked if you combine all plays against FBS teams:

1. ALABAMA 4.35
2. LSU 4.39
3. MICHIGAN 4.43
4. CLEMSON 4.48
5. WASHINGTON 4.67
6. MIAMI 4.73

That's it. There's only 5 teams in the whole country who have averaged giving up less yards per play than Manny has since he arrived. Considering what we watched when turkey **** was coordinating this defense, I don't think any of us can say much about the job Manny has done at Miami.

I agree on the overall point but slightly disagree about qb play. Unc for instance buddy left because the staff is all in on cade. Anxious to see how that plays out. Also gt will get actual qb play with a new system where qb play actually matters. If **** be any good well see but as far as actual qb play opposed to a qb who's a glorified rb how could it be any worse. Hornibrook well have to see
Could be a problem potentially. Guess well see if willie lump lump stays out Briles way or not.
Cade went to North Carolina?

Advertisement
According to tate the reason he was struggling had nothing to do with being under center. It's because he has adhd and he was taking his meds. Last week of practice he decided NOT to take meds.............🤯

Lots of college students “have ADHD” which then magically resolves when they graduate. No more ADHD.

Unless they need to study for the bar, or go on to Medical or Pharmacy school, at which time they then have a relapse and re-acquire their ADHD and need their meds again.

Lots of college students “have ADHD” which then magically resolves when they graduate. No more ADHD.

Unless they need to study for the bar, or go on to Medical or Pharmacy school, at which time they then have a relapse and re-acquire their ADHD and need their meds again.

I knew a ton of kids at school with this. They also get extra time on tests and SATs. Its a win win situation. During finals even kids without scripts would be taking them. If you ever see the stacks and find a guy holding down one cubicle for 24 hour straight with a giant gallon of water on the desk you know hes on addy. Also, the kids posted in front of richter chain smoking cigs at 3am are probably on it too.

Advertisement
To me, if you're only going to look at 1 metric, it's yards per play allowed. I ran the numbers for the past 3 years combined. A couple caveats:

1. Obviously, this is not all equal, because teams play totally different schedules. At least in the NFL, there's some commonality. But if you compare Miami vs say someone like Colorado, they don't have a single common opponent. So this isn't the end all measuring stick. But it's the best we can do

2. I only looked at games vs FBS teams. I have zero interest in how teams perform in the 4th quarter against Prairie View. FBS only

3. This is how the defenses are ranked if you combine all plays against FBS teams:

1. ALABAMA 4.35
2. LSU 4.39
3. MICHIGAN 4.43
4. CLEMSON 4.48
5. WASHINGTON 4.67
6. MIAMI 4.73

That's it. There's only 5 teams in the whole country who have averaged giving up less yards per play than Manny has since he arrived. Considering what we watched when turkey **** was coordinating this defense, I don't think any of us can say much about the job Manny has done at Miami.

I have a substantial problem with that. Main reason being no d was so pathetic because he switched us to a team that primarily ran zone. You took what a south Florida defender has bred into them(aggression and playing downhill)and told them it's wrong. You wont get on the field here if that's how you play. Defense has ALWAYS been dominant here because we stick to what we know. Honestly until last year mannys approach caused us issues against better teams cause he stuck to his guns & said were gonna pressure at all costs. Any team who could get the line to hold up gave us problems. Especially over the shallow middle. Far too often he wouldnt make in game adjustments. Last year he really stepped up with that. Shut alot of us up cause he listened to criticism and improved us overall based upon it. Manny certainly had his role and should get plenty of credit. I just see both sides of that coin. Players should get alot more credit than him.

Advertisement
If Willie Wonka Fs up at FSU this yr...believe you me he's as good as gone...Dont care what his buyout is....Briles will be the HC come 2020 if FSU loses more than 5 games

More than 5? Don’t think so. 6-6 he comes back. They have a gigantic problem right now between the boosters and the athletic dept. HUGE problem. They don’t have $18M to pay a coach to walk.

I have a substantial problem with that. Main reason being no d was so pathetic because he switched us to a team that primarily ran zone. You took what a south Florida defender has bred into them(aggression and playing downhill)and told them it's wrong. You wont get on the field here if that's how you play. Defense has ALWAYS been dominant here because we stick to what we know. Honestly until last year mannys approach caused us issues against better teams cause he stuck to his guns & said were gonna pressure at all costs. Any team who could get the line to hold up gave us problems. Especially over the shallow middle. Far too often he wouldnt make in game adjustments. Last year he really stepped up with that. Shut alot of us up cause he listened to criticism and improved us overall based upon it. Manny certainly had his role and should get plenty of credit. I just see both sides of that coin. Players should get alot more credit than him.

Agree with all this. No doubt about it. And for sure, the kids get credit too. I’m just saying, money talks. The results speak for themselves. I agree completely that his defense has vulnerabilities if he can’t get pressure. Any hyper-aggressive defense does and will.

And his defense and philosophy makes me pull my hair out at times. But you really can’t argue with the product he’s put on the field overall so far through 3 years.

Advertisement
Not going to bother defending the defense. Just show me another team in the coastal that has these kind of skill position numbers.

3 4-5 Star QBs
3 4-5 Star RBs
2 4-5 Star TEs
8 4-5 Star WRs

Thats great but its all ip to the Oline, if they can open holes ang give the QB time the offense will be great, if not the defense will have to win every game.

More than 5? Don’t think so. 6-6 he comes back. They have a gigantic problem right now between the boosters and the athletic dept. HUGE problem. They don’t have $18M to pay a coach to walk.
Keep thinking FSU doesn't have 18 million to make his *** walk...I have a friend (30yrs) whos entire family not only are FSU Grads...but who's father and Grandfather are/were Boosters....If Willie doesn't at the VERY least go to a bowl....hes gone....Briles IS the next HC....

Keep thinking FSU doesn't have 18 million to make his *** walk...I have a friend (30yrs) whos entire family not only are FSU Grads...but who's father and Grandfather are/were Boosters....If Willie doesn't at the VERY least go to a bowl....hes gone....Briles IS the next HC....

You don’t have the slightest clue what you’re talking about. Not a semblance. I do agree that if somehow they don’t make a bowl again, he’ll have to go because there will be a literal concern for his safety. But the season would have to be a complete, unmitigated disaster for them to even consider firing him now. Again, they will do ANYTHING to avoid paying $18M to a coach to walk. Then they’d have to buyout his replacement. Then pay that guy. It’s not gonna happen unless the season is as bad as last year, and honestly it’d probably have to be worse.

They balked for weeks and weeks about hiring Clements because of his buyout. They are at a severe impasse with the boosters. The last thing they wanna do is pay willie to walk. It’s not gonna happen. And hiring a 37 year old guy with zero HC experience at FSU with the last name Briles is beyond comical. No chance.

Advertisement
Back