Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
Bc Justin Fields didn't walk into our QB room.

Day did Tate a solid by being upfront with him and telling him Fields was his guy. Same thing that would have happened in 99% of every other school.
No every school wouldn't. He didn't even let the guy prove himself.

Advertisement
Bc he wants to win with his guy. No one is saying Tate is better than Fields. U can guarantee Fields went to OSU BC he was told he would have the job. Baldwin is evidence of that.
The point is its obvious he has a lot of work to do as a qb. He was pushed out at osu and then he comes here and he struggles.

Nobody said 15-0....but 3rd in the Coastal is Terrible...Already demands placed on him??....1st time HC??...Where have I heard this before??....If We can't win the Coastal this yr....With the upgrades in coaching...I honestly don't know what to say...Pitt Won it last yr...and we still beat them...

Slight exaggeration but the first loss we take, the pitchforks will be out. No matter what.

Advertisement
The point is its obvious he has a lot of work to do as a qb. He was pushed out at osu and then he comes here and he struggles.
Yeah bc you're not expected to struggle when u transfer schools and have to learn a new system, right? Justin Fields is in the same position as Tate but Fields is a better qb so he must have balled out in his spring game huh?

To be frank, if our expectation is to end the season 3rd in the coastal and go 7-5..then tell Manny to take his a$$ back to Temple, drop off Enos back to Bama and Baker to Louisiana on his way there..and tell those Transfer portal kids "Sorry we wasted your time" on there way to the supplemental draft.

I don't want to hear this bull$hit. I'm not saying we should go 11-0 but if we cant win 9-10 games with this schedule then F the whole thing. Why waste time and money spending $1000+ going to Orlando for the UF game with the expectation that this will be a 7-5 team?? The time is now. We don't have anymore time. Manny knows this. Not sure why posters don't know this too. The Coastal is WAY down. This is the time to strike. It wont be down forever.

Defense will be fine.
I agree itll be fine against the level of offenses will be competing against. But fine is very different from what it's been last several years which is dominant or at the very least game changing. On both sides of the ball our line needs to assert itself. Without atleast consistent tackle play our ends are gonna struggle too. Nature of the beast.

Advertisement
Not going to bother defending the defense. Just show me another team in the coastal that has these kind of skill position numbers.

3 4-5 Star QBs
3 4-5 Star RBs
2 4-5 Star TEs
8 4-5 Star WRsd

The talent level and depth we have offensively is so far superior to anyone we play it would be a disgrace to finish third or even second in this division.
but how many 4-5 star OL do we have. That's where it matters! Case in point Wisconsin badgers

Advertisement
Only you could say taking Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Jaquan Johnson off a defense that was national championship good would make it better the following year.

There is a 0.0% chance the defense will be better this year. None. Especially early in the season. Stick to Xbox...you'll never replace the leadership and intelligence of Jaquan Johnson on the back end, and no one on this roster is close to as good as Willis was last year in the middle. The defense will still be very good....Manny's scheme puts a ton of pressure on you using speed, and this defense will be fast as ****. But best we've had in a decade is super retarded.

I don't know if we'll be that much better on defense this fall, but my gut is telling me: (1) with the leadership we have on defense from those LB's, (2) the depth we will have on the edge (DE's), and (3) the improvement this spring with our DT's, we should pretty much equal our success on defense from 2018 assuming we stay healthy.

All that being said, and I will stand by this statement if anyone calls me on it next January:

IF .... (and it's a reasonably big IF) .... we get good, consistent, disciplined play from the Offensive Line this season, then I predict we win the coastal and it won't even be close.

I agree itll be fine against the level of offenses will be competing against. But fine is very different from what it's been last several years which is dominant or at the very least game changing. On both sides of the ball our line needs to assert itself. Without atleast consistent tackle play our ends are gonna struggle too. Nature of the beast.
I think the defense will be better than the 2016 and 2017 units. If ford and nesta keep up with their development i believe the run defense will be much better too.

Barring a rash of key season-ending injuries, finishing third in the Coastal would a very disappointing start for TNM era. Who else in the Coastal dramatically improved in the offseason?

I expect the defense to play well out of the gate, while the offense gets their footing. The ACC games lost in 2019 were winnable if the offense was capable of putting together 28 points.

Advertisement
Back