Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
This anonymous coach knows his stuff
20190521_093529.jpg

Advertisement
View attachment 85922

But no seriously I believe this year will the best defense we have had in over a decade. It's by far the most athletic. These are all Mannys players now.
You're that confident our safeties will fill in admirably for JJ & Redwine?

Im a bit hesitant. We'll be more athletic on the back end but their experience & communication was huge.

Last edited:
Not going to bother defending the defense. Just show me another team in the coastal that has these kind of skill position numbers.

3 4-5 Star QBs
3 4-5 Star RBs
2 4-5 Star TEs
8 4-5 Star WRs

The talent level and depth we have offensively is so far superior to anyone we play it would be a disgrace to finish third or even second in this division.

View attachment 85922

But no seriously I believe this year will the best defense we have had in over a decade. It's by far the most athletic. These are all Mannys players now.

We just finished 3rd in the coastal and 7-6 overall with one of the best defenses in the country. We should have a better offense this year but predicting us to finish 3rd again isnt unreasonable.

Not going to bother defending the defense. Just show me another team in the coastal that has these kind of skill position numbers.

3 4-5 Star QBs
3 4-5 Star RBs
2 4-5 Star TEs
8 4-5 Star WRs

The talent level and depth we have offensively is so far superior to anyone we play it would be a disgrace to finish third or even second in this division.

every single year since joining the ACC we have had more talent than any other team in the coastal. usually by leaps and bounds. We just havent had a staff in place to utilize it to its full potential. Hopefully that changes.

Advertisement
We just finished 3rd in the coastal and 7-6 overall with one of the best defenses in the country. We should have a better offense this year but predicting us to finish 3rd again isnt unreasonable.
And by doing again this yr means there is some serious problems...especially with Manny in place of Mark Nepotism, and Enos on board, taking over for Jon Richt...Absolutely NO excuse for finishing 3rd in the Coastal....NONE

Advertisement
View attachment 85922

Only you could say taking Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Jaquan Johnson off a defense that was national championship good would make it better the following year.

There is a 0.0% chance the defense will be better this year. None. Especially early in the season. Stick to Xbox...you'll never replace the leadership and intelligence of Jaquan Johnson on the back end, and no one on this roster is close to as good as Willis was last year in the middle. The defense will still be very good....Manny's scheme puts a ton of pressure on you using speed, and this defense will be fast as ****. But best we've had in a decade is super retarded.

You're that confident our safeties will fill in admirably for JJ & Redwine?

Im a bit hesitant. We'll more more athletic on the back end but their experience & communication was huge.
I believe our defensive scheme makes good players look great and great players look elite. There won't be as big of a drop-off in the secondary as everyone thinks, if any. Hall will make the transition from Redwine smooth.

Advertisement

3 4-5 Star QBs
3 4-5 Star RBs
2 4-5 Star TEs
8 4-5 Star WRs

Did Pitt, GT, UVA or VT have more skill position numbers than us last year? We finished behind every one of them in the coastal.

Now, I 100% think Manny is going to do great things in Coral Gables and I could not be more excited about Enos and all the positive things seemingly surrounding the program right now. I think our success under Manny is going to happen as fast as this year. So I don't mean to come across as a Negative Nancy here. I am just so ******* done talking about "talent" every off season only to see us put an absolute sh-t show display of football on the field.

"You think talent is 82pts and a 1000 yds in two weeks? SON OF A *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

/rant

Isn't unreasonable??....Your joking right??...
You make it sound that its okay by you....

Read the original post. He laughed at someone predicting us to finish third. I am saying based on previous seasons that is not unreasonable at this point. of course it is not acceptable.

Predicting us to be third in the coastal is a real possibility until we can prove otherwise.

I don't know their logic seems flawed. We were atrocious on offense and in the punting game last year and still appeared far more talented than both of those teams in our match ups.

UVA was life and death to beat us in Charlottesville in one of our worst played games of the season. Now they get to trek down to the rock to play us on our home turf. I don't see that as a winnable game for them. Same goes for VT. Their program is floundering about, we essentially took their best player from them. They are super young along the lines and don't have any significant playmakers on either side of the ball.

I get that after last season we can't be trusted but I just don't see how we can come out and play as poorly as we did last season on both offense and punting the ball. Even modest improvement in both phases should make us a clear number 1 in the coastal and second best team in the conference.

In losses to Virginia, Duke and GT our team literally did worse than nothing offensively. Not only did we barely score, we gifted each of those teams multiple scores via turnover to create our own doom.

Any type of game where our offense isn't a net negative and we win all three of those, with an ending more like the Pitt, Virginia Tech and UNC games.

We don't have to be world beaters offensively to run the table on this schedule, we just have to avoid complete and total ineptness, which I have little doubt we can do.

Advertisement
Back