Anonymous Coaches Talk Miami

Advertisement
Go back and read the part after “Plus.”

Athleticism hides warts in any sport.

Get beat on a route? Make up speed.
Bad tackling form? Your momentum gets him.
QB fooled you? Use speed to make up lost ground for a pass break up.
Bad angles. Speed. Missed assignments.
Run downs.
Etc.

Yes speed and being quick and sudden helps tremendously.

Your boy Ed Reed wasn’t exactly slow my man. 4.57 forty, sub 4.20 shuttle, 37 vert. Bet he’s not as good with that.
Again, I never said he was slow, nor unathletic. Crazy how some off yall act like there is no in between.

Were there safeties bigger than him? Yes
Faster? Yes
Stronger? Yes
Jump higher? Yes

Advertisement
Nah I know better lol I once saw JaMarcus Russell do the same thing on one knee and thought he was going to lead my Raiders to a suberbowl title.
The arm is there. I really have no idea who will win it. I’m happy to see what appears to be a fair and open competition so supporting the next starter will be easy, whoever it is.

He’s never played a down at UM, and may not even start, but you say he’s ‘way better’ than a guy atop our record books who was viewed by an nfl draft expert as a potential top 2 pick?

We’re really doing this again?
What does kiper having him at a top 2 potenti pick have to do with anything? Kaaya is in the NFL now and obviously that projection was wrong.

What does kiper having him at a top 2 potenti pick have to do with anything? Kaaya is in the NFL now and obviously that projection was wrong.
The point is that after two years at UM, his talent level was actually assessed to be extremely high. All we have on Martell is he was highly rated in HS, didn’t work out at OSU and transferred. He’s never played a snap at UM and you got folks who are certain he’s obviously better than Kaaya, who sits at or near the top of our record books. The whole thing is idiotic. Martel will prove whether he’s that good or not. But no one should feel like they know he is at this point.

Advertisement
The point is that after two years at UM, his talent level was actually assessed to be extremely high. All we have on Martell is he was highly rated in HS, didn’t work out at OSU and transferred. He’s never played a snap at UM and you got folks who are certain he’s obviously better than Kaaya, who sits at or near the top of our record books. The whole thing is idiotic. Martel will prove whether he’s that good or not. But no one should feel like they know he is at this point.
I bet Tate has the best winning percentage since Berlin or Dorsey.

Kaaya was hyped up bc these "experts" thought the team would be better around him. I never looked him as a starter in the league. I thought he was a good college QB though.

I bet Tate has the best winning percentage since Berlin or Dorsey.

Kaaya was hyped up bc these "experts" thought the team would be better around him. I never looked him as a starter in the league. I thought he was a good college QB though.
And what is all this talk of Tate being so good, if not ‘hype’?

At least Kaaya had played two seasons at UM at that point, and set passing records. Tate has thrown some wobbly passes on greentree so far. But here you are predicting his record.

And what is all this talk of Tate being so good, if not ‘hype’?

At least Kaaya had played two seasons at UM at that point, and set passing records. Tate has thrown some wobbly passes on greentree so far. But here you are predicting his record.
That's my personal opinion. I'm telling u what I think, not what some "expert" thinks.

Time has shown that Kaaya was overhyped and time will tell with Tate too.

Advertisement
What you’re saying is absolutely true. When you really have ADHD, meds matter. He might not have been on Adderall. There are others like Concerta and Vyvanse that have different delivery mechanisms. But all of them are stimulants. I don’t get how he improved off the meds unless he was on such a high dose that it was causing anxiety.

Subjectively speaking, if you’ve got the yips, I don’t see how a stimulant, any stimulant, helps.

A QB like Tate, who’s fast twitch all the time it seems, might not benefit from additional stimulation. Who knows. QB is such a mental position anyway.

Subjectively speaking, if you’ve got the yips, I don’t see how a stimulant, any stimulant, helps.

A QB like Tate, who’s fast twitch all the time it seems, might not benefit from additional stimulation. Who knows. QB is such a mental position anyway.
ADHD meds help improve focus for people who really have ADHD but they can also increase anxiety levels and blood pressure type issues as well. I’m not certain as to the exact sciences but I’ve been told that Concerta has a delivery that works in stages and when one stage stops the next one kicks in like a jolt but there is a lull in between the phases.... like you aren’t on meds during that lull. Vyvanse delivers like a steady drip throughout the effective period. You don’t feel the same jolt but it delivers even and steady without the drop/lull.

Last edited:
ADHD meds help improve focus for people who really have ADHD but they can also increase anxiety levels and blood pressure type issue as well. I’m not certain as to the exact sciences but I’ve been told that Concerta has a delivery that works in stages and when one stage stops the next one kicks in like a jolt but there is a lull in between the phases.... like you aren’t on meds during that lull. Vyvanse delivers like a steady drip throughout the effective period. You don’t feel the same jolt but it delivers even and steady without the drop/lull.

At the end of the day all these drugs, are basically amphetamines. That is, drugs with the amphetamine chemical structure, with a different methyl group here or there. They are all strong stimulants. One of the properties of stimulants is to increase heart rates, anxiety levels, perspiration, etc.… All the things that you mentioned.

Now, there are people that really need these drugs and have been correctly diagnosed with different types of activity disorders.

But from what I’ve seen, many that take these drugs are taking them for their stimulant properties, not because they’ve been accurately diagnosed with an activity disorder. All you need is a friendly GP.

Many, if not most, premed and med students take them at some point. Pharmacy school students. Law school. Grad school. College students serious about their grades. People in the workforce going through heavy duty work weeks. Let’s be honest. I’m not judging. I’m just saying.

I have no problem with people taking stimulants to get through a rough patch. Because I know they can help you get through those hard times. You can’t get too angry with someone trying to be productive, as long as they don’t overdo it.

Advertisement
He’s never played a down at UM, and may not even start, but you say he’s ‘way better’ than a guy atop our record books who was viewed by an nfl draft expert as a potential top 2 pick?

We’re really doing this again?
That's my opinion. No matter what Kaaya was potentially rated, he busted. He was a very accurate passer but that's literally it. Tate has an elite set of skills that few QBs have. Imo, many here are going to be eating lots of crow.
A lot hinges on whether Enos will truly tailor the offense to those skills, like he said he would.

We just finished 3rd in the coastal and 7-6 overall with one of the best defenses in the country. We should have a better offense this year but predicting us to finish 3rd again isnt unreasonable.
Yes it is. And finishing 7-6 last year wasn’t just unreasonable, it was a complete disaster.

That's my opinion. No matter what Kaaya was potentially rated, he busted. He was a very accurate passer but that's literally it. Tate has an elite set of skills that few QBs have. Imo, many here are going to be eating lots of crow.
A lot hinges on whether Enos will truly tailor the offense to those skills, like he said he would.

Kaaya didn’t bust.

He reached his athletic ceiling.

Kayaa was an overachiever with a pretty good and accurate arm, but well below average rest-of-body athleticism.

In college, he overcame this with hard work and a strong work ethic, hard study, and strong preparation. This made him into a very good college quarterback. But as far as the NFL, he will always be limited by his lack of athleticism and mobility.

From what I’ve seen, Tate doesn’t have half the arm Kaaya did. But I really need to see him throw more, and I haven't. I’m not sure any of us here have.

Last edited:
Kaaya didn’t bust.

He reached his athletic ceiling.

Kayaa was an overachiever with a pretty good and accurate arm, but well below average rest-of-body athleticism.

In college, he overcame this with hard work and a strong work ethic, hard study, and strong preparation. This made him into a very good college quarterback. But as far as the NFL, he will always be limited by his lack of athleticism and mobility.

From what I’ve seen, Tate doesn’t have half the arm Kaaya did. But I really need to see him throw more, and I have it. I’m not sure any of us here have.
I agree he was a good college QB but I was referring to the NFL because the post was referring to his high draft potential.
Tate has shown plenty of arm in high school (throws are throws) and also threw a pretty long ball in the taint film. I'm not sure his arm is as strong as Kaaya but he more than makes up for that with all his other skills

Advertisement
Back