Other Sports Angel Reece taunt

Advertisement
This is cold blooded ****. Put a stake right through that vampires heart.

Caitlyn Clark is a dawg and she should thank Bayou Barbie for giving her a lifetime of motivation to climb the mountain top. Send her a fruit basket and everything. Gonna remember that for the rest of her days.

Advertisement
And what gets me is the bubble some ppl live in. If u’re not Black, I promise u, u won’t & don’t get it b/c it’s not on ur radar b/c it’s not something u have to deal w/. But let me just give u a sequence of events of Caitlin Clark, where she was praised for “competitiveness.”

Now, noticed u’ll see the SAME GIRL walk past Clark as Clark gestures u can’t see and where her eyes are.

And this was all fun & games when she did this last round

So don’t talk to me about preconceived agendas. Reece gave Caitlin a dose of her own medicine & now it’s an issue. GTFOH w/ all that.

Exactly 🎯🎯🎯🎯 bang the gavel. And LOL at all of the DEFLECTIONS, “it was both of them”, false equivalencies, denial, minimizing and trivializing going on in this thread for Clark, not to mention the glaring reluctance and really avoidance of even mentioning race or the behavior of the national media at all. Dudes in here purposely sticking to their individual behaviors when the real story is the disparity between how their behaviors were judged and received. The disparity in national level of outrage in mainstream media and society. Stop running interference, ain’t nobody dumb. We see y’all.

Playing Dumb
And Wasting Time

Advertisement
It ain't fun when the rabbit has the gun. Clark has been jawing at people all year, that's how she plays. She has gotten a ton of positive press for something that had she looked like Destiny Harden or Angel Reese, would have been called something completely different. That's what we are seeing. I could do without the taunting personally, because if you are as great as you believe you are, you shouldn't need to humiliate someone that you were better than to begin with.

There is an ugly, ugly racial side to this entire Iowa basketball program and their run. No, I'm not talking about the players or the coaches, I think they are a fine team, with a fine leadership structure and I don't believe they rock like that. That said, I think a lot of people jumped on the Iowa bandwagon because Caitlin Clark looks "Collegiate" compared to what people think women's college basketball is. I was coming back from the Men's Final Four on Sunday and watched the Iowa/LSU game from a restaurant in the airport. That joint was a microcosm of the animus that the LSU team dealt with. The way they were described, the way that people wanted to pretend that the refs gave them that game despite them lighting Iowa up like no one's business. Paige Bueckers said it perfectly when she accepted that ESPY: Certain people only pay attention to women's basketball when there's a star that looks like her. There have been a ton of great athletes come through the game in the last 15-20 years, and outside of Breanna Stewart, no one gave a crap before Paige and Caitlin came along.

Coach Staley called it out, and people acted like she was being a sore loser. No, she was pointing out that certain things said about her team isn't acceptable and she saw through the BS. Ironically enough, when I heard her comments, I closed my eyes, and immediately started hearing her comments in John Thompson's voice. We are STILL fighting the same battles that he fought in the eighties.
God’s Work

This is a culture and etiquette debate about what is acceptable behavior during/after competitive games. Everything else is media companies (like they always do) polarizing an issue to divide people to gain ratings.

lowering the rim to dunkable height and allowing taunting might be the only ways to make women's basketball watchable.

Advertisement
Yea ok. More deflection, trivializing and minimizing. The racial component was called out and taken to task by social media not mainstream media. Mainstream media was *forced* to take it on as a topic because viewers are what drive ratings and if they become aware of a situation and it garners national attention then they (mainstream media) must react despite their reluctance to. Social media fuels and directs the topics of discussion. They don’t want this situation thoroughly flushed out anymore than you all do.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back