Other Sports Angel Reece taunt

Advertisement
Clearly a polarizing issue, divided along racial lines in twittersphere. Guess I'm just old school. Sportsmanship was pounded into us by our coaches. Really hard to fathom how so many feel stalking and taunting a defeated opponent, rather than celebrating with teammates, is such a great thing.

*don't endorse Portnoy's take either. Comin' at a 20 year old..nahh.

Yeah, seeing these girls taunting their opponents in bball games is just lame, imo.

Advertisement
Soooo lemme get this straight:

Caitlin Clark has been talking chit, taunting this entire tournament including the You Cant See Me gesture just two rounds ago, but when she get that smoke sent her way, it’s an issue? Lol.

Yeah, let’s just call it what it is. The more things change, the more things stay the same. First off, I have zero issues w/ taunting in general, but especially when it’s aimed at someone who’s been chirping themselves.

Advertisement
I am actually amazed people give this much of a **** about this.

Their ****ed off level is 2500x times higher compared to any player that has received that gesture throughout the tournament.

If you want to make yourself look like a buffoon on national television because you scored some points in a sports game, go for it. And that goes both ways.

But people really should stop getting so invested into this crap. "Omg, this player redid John Cena towards the other player because the other player did it towards her opponents as well. Let me type a comment on Twitter on how awesome/terrible this is, so that I can get likes and clout!"

The mere fact that this scene is more of a story than the actual victory itself demonstrates the actual problem here.

Last edited:

Caitlin Clark has been talking chit, taunting this entire tournament including the You Cant See Me gesture just two rounds ago, but when she get that smoke sent her way, it’s an issue? Lol.

Yeah, let’s just call it what it is. The more things change, the more things stay the same. First off, I have zero issues w/ taunting in general, but especially when it’s aimed at someone who’s been chirping themselves.
I agree, Clark is a world class taunter herself.

Then, we have So Carolina coach Dawn Staley feeling the need to defend her Gamecocks with "We're not thugs. We're not monkeys. We're not street fighters. ... So watch what you say." In reply to, I guess, some "media remarks.'

Reece could have taken the high road but chose to show her *** and opened up this can of worms and of course the media and trolls are all over it.

Advertisement
Soooo lemme get this straight: Caitlin Clark has been talking chit, taunting this entire tournament including the You Cant See Me gesture just two rounds ago, but when she get that smoke sent her way, it’s an issue? Lol. Yeah, let’s just call it what it is. The more things change, the more things stay the same. First off, I have zero issues w/ taunting in general, but especially when it’s aimed at someone who’s been chirping themselves.
If the roles were reversed, I'd still find it distasteful. I'm all good for in-game trash talk but when it's over, act like you've been there before. My opinion. Old soul.

In saying that, I'm not shedding any tears for the Iowa girl. If you dish it, get ready to take it.

Womens Basketball Sport GIF by NCAA Championships

If the roles were reversed, I'd still find it distasteful. I'm all good for in-game trash talk but when it's over, act like you've been there before. My opinion. Old soul.

In saying that, I'm not shedding any tears for the Iowa girl. If you dish it, get ready to take it.

That’s u & I respect u for having that opinion; however, Swin Cash brought this up during the pre-game. When Caitlin has been talking chit & taunting, she was classified as a fierce competitor, leader…when Reece & Boston have chirped, they’ve been classified as bullies.

This chit has been happening for yrs; & again, I am old school so like I said I have no issues w/ chirping or trash talking. I’m a HUGE Clark fan; her waving off her opponent like she was weak? Loved it. Her doing the can’t see me? Loved it. Reggie Miller doing the choke sign to Knick’s fans? Loved it. Pippen yamming on Ewing & purposely walking over him slowly so he could smell his nuts? Loved it. I love alllllll of it; as long as u ain’t touching someone, I’m good w/ it.

What I’m not good w/ is when one player does it of a different nationality & it’s looked at in one way, but when another player gives that same player a dose of their own medicine, now they’re classified as classless.

Advertisement

Are you implying racism? From what I've seen, the Iowa girl flashed quickly the 'you can't see me' (at no one) while walking off the court during what looked to be a timeout. During the game. The LSU player involved herself in a prolonged taunt after the game in which the Iowa player was walking away, and repeatedly avoided confrontation. Apples and oranges. What gets me is how observers can't set aside biases and truthfully assess what happened without attempting to further preconceived agendas.

What the LSU girl did was way over the top compared to what the Iowa chick did. I mean she followed her around and continued it. Either way it was pretty funny to me. All the extra stuff makes games more interesting and fun to watch.

It’s also good for the game. Women’s basketball went from next to zero support, to getting talked about all across national tv and social media.

We'd all like to think we'd be the better person, but if you taunt me and I come out on top, you'll probably hear about it.

If you're really trying to make something out of nothing, then I suppose Reece following her around to get her to notice could be a thing, but Clark could have just as easily walked over to her and shook her hand and congratulated her, which would have completely negated Reece's return taunt.

Neither comes out looking good here, but it's also not worth the attention.

Advertisement
Back