Other Sports Angel Reece taunt

Live by the sword, die by the sword.
All I’m saying bro. Perfectly said.

Like off topic but on the same lines, I seen a video recently about this rule in Canadian weight lifting that states if a person identifies as a certain gender, they’re allowed to compete in said gender’s competition.

So a transgender female, who hasn’t fully transitioned competes in women weightlifting. Guess what? They’ve broken ALL women’s records.

Now, one of the woman’s weight lifting coaches took exception to this rule, so he decided to identify being a woman to break all of her records. Lol. The point the coach was making is ur allowing an unfair genetic advantage & anyone can claim this, while having an unfair biological advantage.

Here’s the kicker; the trans woman goes to social media, ADMITTING she has an advantage, but it’s not fair b/c she feels she’s truly a woman & the male coach is mocking her; furthermore she makes ppl smile so she should be allowed to compete at that level. Lol

This is the society we live in; whatever is good for the goose is not good for the gander.

Advertisement
Haley Cavinder shushed the Indiana crowd, who was taunting her the entire game.

I don’t like it unless it’s my team. I can say it, I know it, I like when my team does it and I hate it when *they* do it.

I’ll say this, the women’s game got a lot of attention for their aggression this year. Most of y’all don’t know there was a fight (and assault charge) after a women’s NIT game:

Or a less physical but still intense altercation between two players in the Lou-UT game:

I think the worst part about the women’s game is the officiating, which is game-by-game some of the worst I’ve seen in any sport, and I have a child in 8u baseball. There’s no consistency between games, so many missed calls, and a weird degree of home favoritism that I don’t see anywhere else. I’m not saying they’re all bad, but they usually feel overwhelmed, and it may be due to the sport having a fairly meteoritic rise in attention.

Also, LSU and South Carolina straight up body other teams. They play like a men’s squad, using their size and physicality in aggressive, assertive play styles that intentionally disrupt their opponents. It’s a sharp contrast to the more fluid, less physical style of most of the rest of the country. I would expect more teams to do that going forward, which naturally increases the level of anger and frustration from their opponents, right or wrongly.

I have no feelings on Iowa-LSU, and my only thought is that whoever was pulling for Iowa hated the gesture and whoever was pulling for LSU loved it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And what gets me is the bubble some ppl live in. If u’re not Black, I promise u, u won’t & don’t get it b/c it’s not on ur radar b/c it’s not something u have to deal w/. But let me just give u a sequence of events of Caitlin Clark, where she was praised for “competitiveness.”

Now, noticed u’ll see the SAME GIRL walk past Clark as Clark gestures u can’t see and where her eyes are.

And this was all fun & games when she did this last round

So don’t talk to me about preconceived agendas. Reece gave Caitlin a dose of her own medicine & now it’s an issue. GTFOH w/ all that.

So you're talking about Clark and Van Lith from Louisville, two white girls, but now you want to project that to Clark and Reese which is a totally different circumstance. What gets me is that some people need to make everything racist

Advertisement
It ain't fun when the rabbit has the gun. Clark has been jawing at people all year, that's how she plays. She has gotten a ton of positive press for something that had she looked like Destiny Harden or Angel Reese, would have been called something completely different. That's what we are seeing. I could do without the taunting personally, because if you are as great as you believe you are, you shouldn't need to humiliate someone that you were better than to begin with.

There is an ugly, ugly racial side to this entire Iowa basketball program and their run. No, I'm not talking about the players or the coaches, I think they are a fine team, with a fine leadership structure and I don't believe they rock like that. That said, I think a lot of people jumped on the Iowa bandwagon because Caitlin Clark looks "Collegiate" compared to what people think women's college basketball is. I was coming back from the Men's Final Four on Sunday and watched the Iowa/LSU game from a restaurant in the airport. That joint was a microcosm of the animus that the LSU team dealt with. The way they were described, the way that people wanted to pretend that the refs gave them that game despite them lighting Iowa up like no one's business. Paige Bueckers said it perfectly when she accepted that ESPY: Certain people only pay attention to women's basketball when there's a star that looks like her. There have been a ton of great athletes come through the game in the last 15-20 years, and outside of Breanna Stewart, no one gave a crap before Paige and Caitlin came along.

Coach Staley called it out, and people acted like she was being a sore loser. No, she was pointing out that certain things said about her team isn't acceptable and she saw through the BS. Ironically enough, when I heard her comments, I closed my eyes, and immediately started hearing her comments in John Thompson's voice. We are STILL fighting the same battles that he fought in the eighties.

Advertisement
What this country needs is more unnecessary race-baiting rhetoric. Thank you Stephen A. You are a HERO.
It's not race baiting when it's accurate. Then again, pretending that it doesn't exist is key to keeping the nonsense going. The double standard was clear as day. One is the "Queen of the Clapback", one is a "Fing Idiot" for doing the same thing. Make it make sense.

My thoughts, not that any of you give a ****:
  • Still disappointed about the overall talent level of WBB. Most of the teams werent that good, even South Carolina was mostly tall and burly, not athletic and skillful. Doesnt make me want to watch the WNBA or WBB next year.
  • The best team won at least, not a fluke.
  • Winning with class is a forgotten trait.

It ain't fun when the rabbit has the gun. Clark has been jawing at people all year, that's how she plays. She has gotten a ton of positive press for something that had she looked like Destiny Harden or Angel Reese, would have been called something completely different. That's what we are seeing. I could do without the taunting personally, because if you are as great as you believe you are, you shouldn't need to humiliate someone that you were better than to begin with.

There is an ugly, ugly racial side to this entire Iowa basketball program and their run. No, I'm not talking about the players or the coaches, I think they are a fine team, with a fine leadership structure and I don't believe they rock like that. That said, I think a lot of people jumped on the Iowa bandwagon because Caitlin Clark looks "Collegiate" compared to what people think women's college basketball is. I was coming back from the Men's Final Four on Sunday and watched the Iowa/LSU game from a restaurant in the airport. That joint was a microcosm of the animus that the LSU team dealt with. The way they were described, the way that people wanted to pretend that the refs gave them that game despite them lighting Iowa up like no one's business. Paige Bueckers said it perfectly when she accepted that ESPY: Certain people only pay attention to women's basketball when there's a star that looks like her. There have been a ton of great athletes come through the game in the last 15-20 years, and outside of Breanna Stewart, no one gave a crap before Paige and Caitlin came along.

Coach Staley called it out, and people acted like she was being a sore loser. No, she was pointing out that certain things said about her team isn't acceptable and she saw through the BS. Ironically enough, when I heard her comments, I closed my eyes, and immediately started hearing her comments in John Thompson's voice. We are STILL fighting the same battles that he fought in the eighties.

It's about entertainment.

LSU was boring to watch this year (except when they shot lights out in the final). Their physical style of play doesn't draw tv ratings. I could say the same about South Carolina. Having dominant post play doesn't draw the crowds. The UM vs LSU game was a total snooze fest. You are not going to keep people from changing the channel or doing something else if that is your product. It's why they keep adjusting the mens NCAA and NBA to keep tv ratings up.

People like to watch superstars (especially guards). That is why this game got the attention (regardless of what the person looks like). Caitlin Clark is the most EXCITING college player to watch in a long time. The ratings prove it. She isn't the most dominant, but she keeps people's attention (unlike Stewie, Aja, Griner, Moore, Candace, Plum, J Jones, and the other greats that continuously come through the system).

Advertisement
Back