Andre Sam, Tulane nickel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
My man is about to get a second bag within months lol. I’m sure Tulane is thrilled right now lol.

The Portal has no friends. FAFO.

This was the kid I originally wanted to go in the portal when we landed Guidry. Didn't think he'd jump. Portal is a dirty game. Hope we meddled lol. He can play.

Folk have been claiming we're too nice when it comes to the portal, patiently waiting for kids to enter, not back channeling or contacting them to lure them in. This has to be one of the most borderline, pushing the outer limits of portal ethics without actually breaking the rules that has happened so far.

We're most definitely not portal choir boys

choir GIF

Folk have been claiming we're too nice when it comes to the portal, patiently waiting for kids to enter, not back channeling or contacting them to lure them in. This has to be one of the most borderline, pushing the outer limits of portal ethics without actually breaking the rules that has happened so far.

We're most definitely not portal choir boys

choir GIF

Absolutely true. People are only seeing the tip of the back-channel iceberg.

Advertisement
I think Taint was always that big shark swimming around just below the surface, waiting to strike. Same DL coach recruited him in 2019-20.
Exactly. A week ago, when I found his original HS recruiting thread on CIS, I thought we might be in trouble w/ O$U

Outstanding. He changes a lot on what you can do on the backend
Him and Kam together with the corner additions, and our secondary has the potential to go from from scary bad with no depth, to “oh ****”

Now you can move James closer to the LOS and let him do what he does best, which is attack downhill. Hopefully he’s willing to tackle now and can buy in.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pass downs use JW more in a LB role with Sam and kitchens at S. He can also play nickel / slot. He gives you mad options.
100%, literally just added a comment regarding moving James around closer to the LOS too lol, which is where he thrives. I’m totally for it.

I have a feeling Guidry is going to completely transform this defense and while there might be some growing pains early, he’s going to end up being a home run hire. Love everything we’re doing on that side of the hall minus the DT closing 😅

Him and Kam together with the corner additions, and our secondary has the potential to go from from scary bad with no depth, to “oh ****”

Now you can move James closer to the LOS and let him do what he does best, which is attack downhill. Hopefully he’s willing to tackle now and can buy in.
Not sure how Guidrys time here will play out but I’m really excited to see how the DBs play under him this year

Not sure if we have any CB1 top end talent there at the moment but we’ve got some good depth and some really solid players. Combine that with a coach that’s a beast with the position and you’ve got the makings of a unit that could make a big jump

Cool stuff

Advertisement
100%, literally just added a comment regarding moving James around closer to the LOS too lol, which is where he thrives. I’m totally for it.

I have a feeling Guidry is going to completely transform this defense and while there might be some growing pains early, he’s going to end up being a home run hire. Love everything we’re doing on that side of the hall minus the DT closing 😅
I’d much rather JW be guarding a TE or RB out of the backfield

Great job putting bodies in that room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back