Analyzing the backup QB battle

Ever? We beat Clemson who has destroyed us over the years, even to the point where it was unbearable to watch after halftime. Same with FSU, he kept us in the game. While he was not perfect by any means, we still had drops and pretty ridiculous calls. True freshman starting his second game arguably against our arch enemy in FSU on the road and keeping us in the game. No one knows the outcome if he didn't get hurt getting that first down when he got injured. But he kept us in the game and gave us a chance.

Like I asked in my other reply, would anyone here have pulled him in either game? ? ?

EW may not be the answer, but to start as a true freshman against those two teams that have crushed us for a long time and get no credit is baffling. After Clemson, he should have been allowed to at least start the next game, if not both leading up to FSU. I am also inclined to say we probably do not make a bowl game if EW did not start against Clemson.

JB is a supreme athlete but his mechanics need work, even though he has had a few years in the program. Rutgers game showed that he has not improved in the areas he needs to. He would be so dangerous if he improved his throwing. He has everything else but as a qb you cant consistently miss throws that should be completed. I wish him the best whether he becomes a starter here or somewhere else. Team player and a great individual. Even seems like him and EW are good friends.
lol that Clemson team was *** last year. If Klubnik hands the ball off, we lose. Emory seems like a great kid and teammate but ur crazy if you think he’ll ever be an upper echelon QB.

Advertisement

Oh boy. Something starting on X by this guy….

This guy just doesn’t trust his eyes. He just wants to make Jacurri better than other guys. Maybe Jacurri is better than Emory in game let’s say. I know Jacurri doesn’t beat him in practice that’s the issue he doesn’t look good on air

That last statement is a reach. Even if both leave, win and $ and nobody will remember this.

Does anyone here remember the Crudup fiasco?

I do, from both the team perspective and a recruiting perspective locally.

It was a question families asked for a few cycles around here.

“What happened with the Crudups?” and so on…

The minute Jacurri went out and did that podcast his days at Miami were numbered. Just really poor form to go out and call out the staff for leveling up the QB position when he's had two seasons to go stake his claim and didnt

Advertisement
No reason for the drama other than get clicks and interactions up, and if you do it to the programs detriment, are you really a fan of the program?

They are basically saying that Emory is above JB because he is white.

Assinine.
instead of letting it die, the other guy who calls himself X , felt the need to put out a comment trying to distance himself this morning.

The minute Jacurri went out and did that podcast his days at Miami were numbered. Just really poor form to go out and call out the staff for leveling up the QB position when he's had two seasons to go stake his claim and didnt

I heard Him make a comment about TVD pump faking the program by trying to backdoor it to Alabama, what else did He say?

Does anyone here remember the Crudup fiasco?

I do, from both the team perspective and a recruiting perspective locally.

It was a question families asked for a few cycles around here.

“What happened with the Crudups?” and so on…
The starting QB for this year’s team is literally Black. This goofy **** isn’t going to have any impact. We’re in a completely different era of football around the country. Every year most of the top QBs are Black. Jacurri just isn’t a good QB. It happens.

Advertisement
Cristobal has a history of not understanding QB position anyone with eyes and a brain knows Jacurri is the better QB period. Emory has no arm, he isn’t mobile. This is football 2023 you need a mobile QB. Jacurri has the big arm and is mobile and with a running game behind this line we would be unstoppable. Think Tebow. D$ I respect you to much, but stop spinning this bag of crap. Look how Lashlee changed our offense for King and TVD. It is the OC job to build the offense around the players not the opposite. So please don’t give us the system crap too. I know you are reporting but we need to have analysis not cheerleaders. 20 years of carrying the coaches spin is why we are in this position today.
Like arguing who is the tallest midget

lol that Clemson team was *** last year. If Klubnik hands the ball off, we lose. Emory seems like a great kid and teammate but ur crazy if you think he’ll ever be an upper echelon QB.
When did I ever say 'upper echelon' ? Typical CIS of stretching someone else's comment into something more than what was intended. 'IF he hands it off'? Lol, alot of teams have big 'if's' when all is said and done. Us vs GT is an 'if' also. A decade from now all you remember is it was a 'W' or an 'L'. Our greatest teams ever had 'if' moments along with some luck both good and bad in our best years.

They are better than Rutgers, And to call them ***? By there standards, yes they had a bad year. Lost bad 1st game at Duke, to an undefeated FSU, us, and to a very good NC St.

They beat ND, GT, NC, SC, and Kentucky in bowl. Yes, again a down year by their standards.

Again, would you have pulled him in either game he started? and if you don't think by letting him play the two games in between Clemson and FSU would have helped him, games that we LOST, ............ whatever. Both of those games were winnable.

Never personally bashed either of the others, but TVD looked like he was throwing games intentionally after how he looked vs A&M, and JB has an accuracy issue and at times terrible mechanics.

Like arguing who is the tallest midget
No need to argue best to just settle it on the court…

IMG_2759.gif
I

Advertisement
Some of you are underrating Emory.

There was nothing I saw in either start that showed me has any plus physical traits. IMO, he seems fairly average across the board. But, what he lacks physically he may have from a mental standpoint. We know coaches love the steady, mature QBs. In particular, we know our coach is on the more conservative side. So while the steady hand never excites the fans--including me--conservative coaches get tickled pink with QBs "that won't lose you a game." It is not surprising Emory is well-regarded internally.

Cam is a bit of an outlier for Cristobal. But, if we're all right that he'd prefer to run the ball, play D, and not turn the ball over, I wouldn't be surprised if Emory becomes the guy at some point during his career here.

The starting QB for this year’s team is literally Black. This goofy **** isn’t going to have any impact. We’re in a completely different era of football around the country. Every year most of the top QBs are Black. Jacurri just isn’t a good QB. It happens.

You’re preaching to the choir good sir.

What you described is the exact opposite of the narrative that is being spun here by the usual suspects.

Advertisement
Some of you are underrating Emory.

There was nothing I saw in either start that showed me has any plus physical traits. IMO, he seems fairly average across the board. But, what he lacks physically he may have from a mental standpoint. We know coaches love the steady, mature QBs. In particular, we know our coach is on the more conservative side. So while the steady hand never excites the fans--including me--conservative coaches get tickled pink with QBs "that won't lose you a game." It is not surprising Emory is well-regarded internally.

Cam is a bit of an outlier for Cristobal. But, if we're all right that he'd prefer to run the ball, play D, and not turn the ball over, I wouldn't be surprised if Emory becomes the guy at some point during his career here.

For me Emory is a game manager, don't excel at anything in particular. Maybe in 2026 and after if the roster keep being upgraded with studs it will work but there is no way I will play him before JB.

Advertisement
Back