An underlying issue

What's wrong with the program:
1. We are being out coached every game.
2. Our DC stinks
3. South Florida recruiting has turned into AAU basketball, a game we cannot play being on probation.
4. Questionable non-offers. ( Treon, McKensie, etc)
5. Lack of playmakers and speed on both sides of the ball.
6. Our DC stinks again

Ask yourself this question, when is the last time you heard a recruit say I'm coming to Miami because of Jethro, Williams, or even Carroll. Hurlie, Barrow and Coley putting in work.

I wanna answer every issue you got so work with me> Our defense is getting outcoached but offensively you cant really say that for sure when Morris ****s it up and the offensive line is playing like trash and soft so often. 2 is obvious, 3 is a great point that will now always be an issue we just have to work through it, 4 the no offers happen especially in a talent rich state like ours, 5 playmakers will build through time with recruiting and hopefully coaching lol at 6. Now I think Williams has mad respect as a coach but he's nto a huge personality which isn't a bad thing every program has that and Carroll to me still does a good job too but i agree with Jethro. I don't think the key is how often you hear about them in the community all of the time but how do they gel with certain local personalities
We could not block on 3rd downs last night or even make adjustments to block. There seems to be a trust issue with Coach Coley and Morris because he still calls run plays when we can't run instead of passing, just my opinion. As far as offers, McKensie couldn't get a offer and Berrios does? Now here me out. One plays against top talent week in and week out and the other one plays against inferior completion in another state but we offer the latter.

I think that the coaching with the offensive lineman was a half issue but at the same time them not getting a push is on them because we know they're big and strong enough, sure we could've made better adjustments but they also have to have more dog in them or we're ****ed regardless. I think the trust is there because he knows the system well but I don't think he reads defenses well just by watching but I dont see a huge trust in my eyes because Morris doesn't seem like a top qb who can take the load. Mack is a bit of an issue but if we complain about the 1 recruit every year and leave out the 10 who have great potential that we could've missed out on do we really have time to complain about the 1 miss? It can be worse and do we really doubt that Berrios is a stud himself?
I'm not doubting BB, I'm just pointing out what Pete was eluding to. Kids like Mack are being told your too small but they take BB? As far as the O Line your right. Guys like Henderson are big but have no heart and they got out played badly. The problem with the staff is they can't make adjustments.

I can understand with Mack but at the same time it isn't a trend it seems and BB fits a slot wr role like Isiah McKenzie would've so if he got offered I doubt you would complain tbh. The coaches to me depend on Coley, defense sucks right now but with Coley we'll see through time but I hope you're wrong

Advertisement
I wanna answer every issue you got so work with me> Our defense is getting outcoached but offensively you cant really say that for sure when Morris ****s it up and the offensive line is playing like trash and soft so often. 2 is obvious, 3 is a great point that will now always be an issue we just have to work through it, 4 the no offers happen especially in a talent rich state like ours, 5 playmakers will build through time with recruiting and hopefully coaching lol at 6. Now I think Williams has mad respect as a coach but he's nto a huge personality which isn't a bad thing every program has that and Carroll to me still does a good job too but i agree with Jethro. I don't think the key is how often you hear about them in the community all of the time but how do they gel with certain local personalities
We could not block on 3rd downs last night or even make adjustments to block. There seems to be a trust issue with Coach Coley and Morris because he still calls run plays when we can't run instead of passing, just my opinion. As far as offers, McKensie couldn't get a offer and Berrios does? Now here me out. One plays against top talent week in and week out and the other one plays against inferior completion in another state but we offer the latter.

I think that the coaching with the offensive lineman was a half issue but at the same time them not getting a push is on them because we know they're big and strong enough, sure we could've made better adjustments but they also have to have more dog in them or we're ****ed regardless. I think the trust is there because he knows the system well but I don't think he reads defenses well just by watching but I dont see a huge trust in my eyes because Morris doesn't seem like a top qb who can take the load. Mack is a bit of an issue but if we complain about the 1 recruit every year and leave out the 10 who have great potential that we could've missed out on do we really have time to complain about the 1 miss? It can be worse and do we really doubt that Berrios is a stud himself?
I'm not doubting BB, I'm just pointing out what Pete was eluding to. Kids like Mack are being told your too small but they take BB? As far as the O Line your right. Guys like Henderson are big but have no heart and they got out played badly. The problem with the staff is they can't make adjustments.

I can understand with Mack but at the same time it isn't a trend it seems and BB fits a slot wr role like Isiah McKenzie would've so if he got offered I doubt you would complain tbh. The coaches to me depend on Coley, defense sucks right now but with Coley we'll see through time but I hope you're wrong

We need to hit on Kaaya if not we will be set back another 2-3 years. As far as the defense, they need to keep this class together and try to add JC.

We need to hit on Kaaya if not we will be set back another 2-3 years. As far as the defense, they need to keep this class together and try to add JC.
I still believe in Olsen

I still believe in Olsen

Getting suspended is not helping his cause.

Ideally the media would expose the scumbags who are using children for personal gain of sorts and this wouldn't be an issue. I think that's what would happen in any other area of the country. Unfortunately I don't have the answer for our team currently being so ****ty.

Agree. South Florida is a cesspool.

Advertisement
The brow looking for street cred. by feeding the beast. Exclusive CIS interviews with Ice and Luke. Still waiting for that Genron interview.

I still believe in Olsen

Getting suspended is not helping his cause.

Gotta hope he smartens up

I wouldn't be shocked if we lose Valentine..

Sh*t he already has one foot out the door. At this point it is what it is! I'm not tripping but ****..

Advertisement
I wouldn't be shocked if we lose Valentine..

Sh*t he already has one foot out the door. At this point it is what it is! I'm not tripping but ****..

849.gif

The Chef does not approve this message...

Ariz,

Maybe you're a bit too close to the cook/lane "people" and are losing perspective of the recruiting job this staff is doing this year. We add JC Jackson and hold most of our current recruits, and that's a solid A even without your favorites. Linemen and QB's win big time college football, and there's not a better class than ours in that respect!

pete is a college student who juggles school and college. he is not peter king of si. These kids are his peers. he is still fairly new to this. he will be fine.

Advertisement
2. Our DC stinks
3. South Florida recruiting has turned into AAU basketball, a game we cannot play being on probation.
6. Our DC stinks again

Ask yourself this question, when is the last time you heard a recruit say I'm coming to Miami because of Jethro, Williams, or even Carroll. Hurlie, Barrow and Coley putting in work.

No.3 is the whole problem and would stifle us no matter who was coaching or recruiting or any of this relationship BS.

If it turns into AAU, it's all over.

In other words, outside of Coley, we do not have coaches kids want to play for. We are not respected in the South Florida community, which shouldn't come as a surprise. Golden should look into the NFL or the SEC to bring in quality coaches. This should help change the perception. Question is will the University pay for it?

2. Our DC stinks
6. Our DC stinks again

No.3 is the whole problem and would stifle us no matter who was coaching or recruiting or any of this relationship BS.

If it turns into AAU, it's all over.
Truth is it has already there. Just look at the summer camps. Ask yourself who is bussing these kids from camp to camp? Also, you don't think they are not getting paid to bus them from these camps. As a private school on probation we will not get some of these kids because of so called "mentors". Pete knows some of these kids are getting paid on a weekly basis, he may not say it here but he knows the deal.

Advertisement
pete is a college student who juggles school and college. he is not peter king of si. These kids are his peers. he is still fairly new to this. he will be fine.

Maybe the question is whether he wants to be Peter King JR., Manny Navarro Jr, a SFL jock sniffer or something entirely different and mess around with some recruiting on the side.

This is an excellent point and its a combination of factors. For one thing, Miami has suffered for years from the tougher academic standards. Think of how many kids over the years we have had to say no to, or couldnt make it into school. Almost every year there is an AJL that we cant get into school, and that has made many of these kids from the inner city and their borderline grades very skiddish about UM. Then, the obvious factors, like the fact that its been a decade since Miami has been releavant on the national scene, coupled with what seems like some bad blood left over from the Shannon firing, and top it off with the fact that many of these kids, who have never been out of their neighborhoods in Miami, and come from rough areas, are being sold on the idea of "getting away from all the bullsh*t", and you have a guy like Golden, who really doesnt have the ties to SoFla or to any great pedigree to sell, and you definitely have some issues within the community.

Sure winning cures all, but what Aziz says is very valid. Its not a recent thing either. Some of it has been going on for a long time, and it even goes back to the days when we were still relevant. The Bryant Pata thing rekindled a lot of the old Marlon Barnes routine that had been used against the program for a long time, and it certainly had an effect with some kids and some players, as was heavily rumored with a kid like Ricky Jean Francois, whose family reportedly REALLY wanted him out of town. And as the guy reported about Johnnie Dixon, yet another kid who decided he wanted to get away from the bullsH8t for a while.

It would be one thing if we were at the top right now, that would probably be enough to help sway some of the "close calls", but based on where we are right now, and you get some of these kids, who have all these "hanger ons" who have been all over them since the optimist days, all up in their business, trying to exploit and use these kids, and its natural that many of them are going to see a good opportunity to get away from all that and go somewhere else for a while.

The last piece of the puzzle, is that UM has lost that "buzz" the "swag" in the community. That's the piece that comes from the top. This started after the FIU fight, when the school was so embarassed and went into overdrive to try to change the image of the program and turn it into a bunch of choir boys. Some of it was understandable, but part of that "thug U" image, is what gave UM "street cred" in Miami, and that is long dead as the program has gone to extreme lengths to try to get rid of that image. That has led to a bigger and bigger disconnect between the attitude of Miami kids, and what the school wants to be.

Advertisement
Back