An underlying issue

football comes down to 1 player the quarterback

if miami hits on kaaya and hes a all-american type of Qb then miami will be ok and "respected" again

Advertisement

if miami hits on kaaya and hes a all-american type of Qb then miami will be ok and "respected" again

winston, petty, manziel, mccaron, etc. and we got morris who apparently rides the little yellow bus to school.

Pete, I love what you bring to the recruiting board, but this post really irritated me. Probably your weakest by far. No need to explain myself, as some have already addressed some of the issues with your post. Remember Pete, you are supposed to stay as objective as possible. I know that your job requires that you become friendly with some of these so called "coaches." So you are in a tough position. But if you let them start influencing your "views," you will lose respect from those that really like your work, like me.

winston, petty, manziel, mccaron, etc. and we got morris who apparently rides the little yellow bus to school.

That's not what it comes down to. A very good QB can compensate for other deficiencies that a team has, though.

Why the **** are yall getting mad at pete for telling the truth?

D'onofrio isn't liked in sfla. Why you think golden doesn't have him recruiting the area? And nobody likes that wack *** defense. A fact for you is with this scheme golden has only had a top 25 defense twice in 13 years. 1 good year at uva and 1 at temple.

That **** with kirkland last year didn't go over to well either. And he wasn't a silent to fsu and miami.

Uncle luke has been saying that miami needs to bring in local coaches to help them. He felt miami should have went after telly lockette last year who is highly respected in sfla.

You guys complaining about coley play calling but golden brought him in to try and get some of the elite sfla players to come to miami.

Advertisement
Yall do realize weve dam near fielded a top 10 recruiting class the last 10 years right?

252, it's not that we are saying that Pete is not telling the truth, it's the tone of the post. I believe everything that Pete posted to be 100% accurate.

Advertisement
Pete, I love what you bring to the recruiting board, but this post really irritated me. Probably your weakest by far. No need to explain myself, as some have already addressed some of the issues with your post. Remember Pete, you are supposed to stay as objective as possible. I know that your job requires that you become friendly with some of these so called "coaches." So you are in a tough position. But if you let them start influencing your "views," you will lose respect from those that really like your work, like me.

Dont shoot the messenger

I get the point you are making Pete...

But my God, how sad is it that a Miami coach, be it Golden or whomever comes after him, has to deal with a "community" like this? Instead of questioning the Miami coaches so much, when are we going to question these people in the community that have such vitriol against their hometown team? Why do we just say "well, that is just the way it is in South Florida" instead of calling out these people? It really is a sad state of affairs and the majority of the blame should be on the "community" and not the Miami coaches.

I am positive that no other coach has to deal with this type of non-sense from the community in their city. You think Saban has to deal with this in Alabama? Meyer in Columbus/Ohio? Miles in Louisiana? And before any says "well they are successful", I know for a fact that no one in Alabama would've steered a kid away from Alabama when Mike Shula, DuBose, etc... were there. All those places get near unconditional support from the community no matter who is coach or what the record of the team is.

Having said all that, and as someone else already said, winning cures many ills. I'm sure many of these same people in the community will be hanging on Golden's (or any other coach) nuts if he ever wins big.

Cry me a river.

Thanks for proving my point.

Randy burned the bridges that al is trying to repair. how many coaches have talked positive about him and his camps? quite a few. I am getting sick of the nonsense. randy treated south florida kids like they were from boise, idaho. So he can recruit 2 stars from the west coast like asante and kelvin cain. or so he can recruit 2 stars like jimmy gaines from upstate ny. he was acting like they were hidden gems and no one wanted them prior to us finding them. also, he fired his staff every year. It wasnt al golden that chased Devonte Freeman to FSU. it wasn't al golden who abused and blamed jacory for all of south florida to see. it wasnt golden who had tommy streeter in the doghouse. lets get real here. its a young team. in the post-game conference golden said "what do you want me to go in there and bash seniors who stuck by us?" and he said as far as recruits, "we need your help." He is trying to say in a nice way, our seniors suck. plus, we have really no juniors so we are a team relying on fresh and true sophs. duke goes down he is replaced by dallas crawford, lets be real. there is no depth until 2014 arrive why do you think he wants everyone to early enroll. so he can get muscle on them and get them through spring. We have boys playing men. Denzel is the only man on our team right now. Tracy, Mccord, AQM, Kamalu, bush, etc will be much more improved next year as will grace, carter, and figs.

Advertisement
Excellent post. Education has become a major factor in UM recruiting and I believe it turns into a negative with some recruits.

We need a new qb and a new attitude but that can both happen in an off season with a new d coordinator and new qb but if we are a "jokE" to recruits and "mentorS' then they aren't real about their team and wanting to bring the city back to where we grew up in so is that some **** to be proud of?

Advertisement
they were way too conservative but its because they didnt trust the talent. look at who they let blitz, only aqm, mccord, and deon. guys they trust.

So barrows not respected

Tells me all I need to know about the self entitlement in the south Florida "coaching" community, that a man with a resume like Barrow's is somehow looked down as inferior. **** these ******* coaches man.

I don't believe for one second that Michael Barrow is NOT respected in the Miami community....

Don't shoot the messenger? are you kidding me. the "messenger" is openly discussing how so many people hate our coaches and team. I'm not sure that if I'm UM or Dmoney, I would appreciate my main recruiting reporter speak so openly about these issues. Didn't Dmoney talk about the crappy fans we have and how it may have an affect on our recruits? well, I believe a post like this from Pete, who I'm assuming is followed by a lot of these recruits, is just as bad. The "messenger" has to be very careful with his message, especially considering what his job is for this site, and the access given to him by UM. And I will say this again, I believe his message to be 100% accurate, but that is NOT the issue.

Advertisement
Back