An underlying issue

Advertisement
pete,

i get your point but we have a top 3 class right now with the chance to add more.

Where? On scout? The worst of the recruiting services......
We have a very good class but our rankings stand as followed 5,5,4 and 3
Couple that with the reality that we might not even add anyone else while other schools will, we will probably end up with a solid ranking outside the top 5 but inside the top 10......

Its just winning and losing though.

This program gets back to a top 15 team every single season and thats gone imo

You said how it was beginning to change at the start of the season. That wasnt because any relationships with mentors/youthcoaches/etc were getting better. It just looked like we were getting back to being a contender

Advertisement
pete,

i get your point but we have a top 3 class right now with the chance to add more.

This will realistically end up as a top 10 class and won't finish in the top 3, but for the 3rd year in a row under Golden, Miami will lose top talents such as Cook, Lane, and Rudolph. This is not just about this class, which I think is very good, it's also about the last two classes and also looking ahead and seeing that the attitude towards the program in this community is not all bright.

those are offensive players, you said the problem was coach d and his staff.

part of the attitude probably also has to do with the fans. lets be real jacory had to deal with alot of racist stuff and that is part of the reason teddy dont like us.

What has our staff done to earn respect?

Everybody's going to come in here and bash these local "mentors" and coaches. But it's their job to look out for these kids and with the product we're putting out on the field right now they have every right to view us as a joke. If I'm a mentor to a recruit and I see Miami, our joke of a staff, and our on field product there is no way I could recommend a kid to come here in good conscience.

Just look at it from a neutral perspective and without the orange and green glasses. If you're a HS coach and a kid is looking to you for advice that is going to affect the rest of his advice how could you possibly feel comfortable sending him here to play for this staff and get embarrassed in every big game we play in?

Advertisement
WTF is problem down there? Texas, USC, Ohio State and Michigan can suck for years and their kids, area coaches and "mentors" stick it out with them, why is S. FL so diff

So every coach that gets interviewed and mentions Golden and his staff as great are lying their asses off? I dont buy this unless the "mentors" youre talking about are Genron. Which is why we will probably see Valentine leaving shortly

WTF is problem down there? Texas, USC, Ohio State and Michigan can suck for years and their kids, area coaches and "mentors" stick it out with them, why is S. FL so diff

Ever been to South Florida? Ever seen most of the high schools where these kids come from?

You don't win big while losing elite prospects

SO.

We don't win ships because we don't have elite recruits
We don't have elite recruits because we don't win ships.

I agree but one has to kickstart the other no?

Last edited:
Advertisement
fans are part of the problem. look on twitter or message boards. fsu and uf swear they are getting everyone. uf fans swear they got lane and cook locked up to the point they are delusional. we have yearby a top 5 rb and people act like who wants him. We get a 4 star in powell and people are like "we want cook". the fans here say we have no chance at cook because they are hearing he is going to fsu. I got news for you, nearly every prediction on this board the last 2 years from dixon to keith, to six to alex collins have all been wrong. Uf lost to a mediocre fcs team and their fans are still standing by the program.

My ***.

Relationships are not how you gain respect for the program.

Winning is.

Advertisement
So every coach that gets interviewed and mentions Golden and his staff as great are lying their asses off? I dont buy this unless the "mentors" youre talking about are Genron. Which is why we will probably see Valentine leaving shortly

Awww Lawd that would be worse than what happened last nite.......

fans are part of the problem. look on twitter or message boards. fsu and uf swear they are getting everyone. uf fans swear they got lane and cook locked up to the point they are delusional. we have yearby a top 5 rb and people act like who wants him. We get a 4 star in powell and people are like "we want cook". the fans here say we have no chance at cook because they are hearing he is going to fsu. I got news for you, nearly every prediction on this board the last 2 years from dixon to keith, to six to alex collins have all been wrong. Uf lost to a mediocre fcs team and their fans are still standing by the program.

I dont know any UF fan that doesnt want Muschamp gone

Most of the head coaches (high school) don't have as much of an impact on recruiting as people think. The assistant coaches and youth coaches have a huge impact. Of course there are outlying examples, but this is generally the case. And also, high school coaches will rarely say something bad about a coaching staff to the media because it really does them no good (cue the Ice Harris mentions).

Bullshyt Pete..When you continnually put up losing teams people will lose respect for you,

Advertisement
Back