An underlying issue

Advertisement
My ***.

Relationships are not how you gain respect for the program.

Winning is.

It's no secret that FSU has been pulling in top classes over the past few years even when they were struggling as a program. How did that happen? They had coaches like Coley, Dawsey, Gran, and Haggins who are all extremely well-respected down here. Now they are winning because of that stockpiled talent and an elite QB.

People need 2 admit miami will never be miami again...........we all hope but reality has set in.

couldn't the argument also be made Pete, that the majority of these "mentors" and others included in a prospects inner circle are mainly out for intrinsic benefit and not the benefit of the player they are mentoring/associated with? Just seems the majority of these people have ulterior motives that aren't directed in what is "best" for the player.

Advertisement
I get the point you are making Pete...

But my God, how sad is it that a Miami coach, be it Golden or whomever comes after him, has to deal with a "community" like this? Instead of questioning the Miami coaches so much, when are we going to question these people in the community that have such vitriol against their hometown team? Why do we just say "well, that is just the way it is in South Florida" instead of calling out these people? It really is a sad state of affairs and the majority of the blame should be on the "community" and not the Miami coaches.

I am positive that no other coach has to deal with this type of non-sense from the community in their city. You think Saban has to deal with this in Alabama? Meyer in Columbus/Ohio? Miles in Louisiana? And before any says "well they are successful", I know for a fact that no one in Alabama would've steered a kid away from Alabama when Mike Shula, DuBose, etc... were there. All those places get near unconditional support from the community no matter who is coach or what the record of the team is.

Having said all that, and as someone else already said, winning cures many ills. I'm sure many of these same people in the community will be hanging on Golden's (or any other coach) nuts if he ever wins big.

Top 5 reasons assistant coaches dont like Miami

1. We aint paying
2. we cant get them a job
3. We aint paying
4. We keep losing and they think they can do better
5. We dont coddle their balls

Butch aint do it
Coker aint do it
Randy aint do it

Golden trying to do it but he keep losing so he has no ones respect.

Chad WIlson and other coaches dont like him because he doesnt offer their players.

It worked for Coley and Dwyane Bowe and he latched on to Saban

Barrow grew up in SoFl, played at UM, and has been on staff here for 6 years. Yet doesn't have respect or relationships?

This last year all of AG hires have been recruiters and not so much X-O guys. He has hired Coley, Cristobal, Hurlie Brown and Larry Scott.

My ***.

Winning is.

It's no secret that FSU has been pulling in top classes over the past few years even when they were struggling as a program. How did that happen? They had coaches like Coley, Dawsey, Gran, and Haggins who are all extremely well-respected down here. Now they are winning because of that stockpiled talent and an elite QB.

Boy please FSU has not been struggling like us.... They are a national brand and have a much bigger budget... you sound like a rookie roght now FSU has always recruited better than us

Advertisement
You don't win big while losing elite prospects

SO.

We don't win ships because we don't have elite recruits
We don't have elite recruits because we don't win ships.

I agree but one has to kickstart the other no?

U guys on here lol.............just like saban or jimbo....1.u land the job 2. Get elite recruit .......it will make u win

right but golden landed the job. but we aren't getting the cooks, lanes, and rudolphs..why?

I get the point you are making Pete...

But my God, how sad is it that a Miami coach, be it Golden or whomever comes after him, has to deal with a "community" like this? Instead of questioning the Miami coaches so much, when are we going to question these people in the community that have such vitriol against their hometown team? Why do we just say "well, that is just the way it is in South Florida" instead of calling out these people? It really is a sad state of affairs and the majority of the blame should be on the "community" and not the Miami coaches.

I am positive that no other coach has to deal with this type of non-sense from the community in their city. You think Saban has to deal with this in Alabama? Meyer in Columbus/Ohio? Miles in Louisiana? And before any says "well they are successful", I know for a fact that no one in Alabama would've steered a kid away from Alabama when Mike Shula, DuBose, etc... were there. All those places get near unconditional support from the community no matter who is coach or what the record of the team is.

Having said all that, and as someone else already said, winning cures many ills. I'm sure many of these same people in the community will be hanging on Golden's (or any other coach) nuts if he ever wins big.

Cry me a river.

Advertisement
So the only way we will be able to compete with the big boys is cheat our asses off to please the mentors and POS parents and then get back under another NCAA cloud. Sounds awesome. Maybe Florida should fix the school systems in South Florida and get actual people who care about their kids.

We need to FIRE our defensive coordinator. We need to trust our secondary and let them play up close man-to-man. Enough with the 10 yard gap, which always allows teams to move the ball on us.

Advertisement
Barrow grew up in SoFl, played at UM, and has been on staff here for 6 years. Yet doesn't have respect or relationships?

This last year all of AG hires have been recruiters and not so much X-O guys. He has hired Coley, Cristobal, Hurlie Brown and Larry Scott.

Money bro. Coley is respected because he was probably handing out stacks while at FSU

My ***.

Winning is.

FSU hasn't won a title since '99 and has been "down" longer than Miami. They were already down when they had Chris Rix, while we were still in our glory. Then, in the mid 2000's they followed an eerily similar downward trajectory, from the coaching to the W/L column. How in the world was Jimbo able to recruit, coming off a 7-6 season (backed by two other 7-6 seasons, a 9 win season, and I believe an 8 win season) when Bowden was fired?

47-30. FSU from 2004-2009. Winning program.

Last edited:
we arent getting cooks, lanes and rudolphs. we also "GOT" coley, duke, malcolm (he would be all conference if not hurt), powell, yearby, etc. we cant get everyone.

Advertisement
Back