Amarius Mims Elite 2021 OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is a loss, plain and simple.

And I doubt there’s another opportunity to land a similar-caliber OT in the portal this cycle.

Modt CFB teams don’t have uber-talented 5-star Tackles playing second fiddle (OSU? Bama? Georgia?). Hopefully a player at Bama/OSU/Georgia leaves again, but I wouldn’t expect a player of similar caliber to enter the portal this cycle.

This was a once every cycle or so type of opportunity.
Only a loss if he visits. Kid isn't local. Were he a UGA transfer from the tri county that we never got on campus then it's an L.

Since he's a country boy from south GA and he's never been on campus it's not a loss, we just didn't get a shot at him. No matter what a bunch of insiders thought when he entered his name in the portal.

If he chooses FSU, good on them for having the inside track to get his commitment and not totally blowing it.

I'm not suggesting that at all, but saying it's not a great look after some of the people we've landed raised my eyebrows. The one, possibly two, we missed were for obvious reasons.

I wasn't trying to go off on you, just frustrated at the way some have taken it.

Ok maybe I used the wrong choice of words

Instead of bad look I probably should’ve said, big losses because OL is a huge concern, behind DL and LB

If he knew that Mims was visiting next week I doubt he would do the win with us or get beat by us stuff
Yup, Stevie Wonder will see this kid before Miami does in a visit.

Not a QB, balls not rustled.

Advertisement
This is a loss, plain and simple.

And I doubt there’s another opportunity to land a similar-caliber OT in the portal this cycle.

Modt CFB teams don’t have uber-talented 5-star Tackles playing second fiddle (OSU? Bama? Georgia?). Hopefully a player at Bama/OSU/Georgia leaves again, but I wouldn’t expect a player of similar caliber to enter the portal this cycle.

This was a once every cycle or so type of opportunity.
Posters playing it off like there are multiple disgruntled 6'7 former 5* OL waiting to transfer lol. I'm not totally upset because I know they'll aggressively go after someone else but as you said, an opportunity like this doesn't happen often. Sucks but that's recruiting.

FSU is better with Mims but will still suck overall. Their OL went from below average to average.

Mims would have pushed our line from average to, maybe, above average.

It sucks, and they have every reason to be proud of the pickup, but we will be okay.

I’m way more concerned about the defensive side of the ball, primarily the front 7. If we don’t get that squared away, we’re going to at least drop 4 games. Steele could be a defensive wizard, but he’s not going to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.

Advertisement
Seriously? I don’t think Mario cares and they are the ones who are fronting and putting up the majority of the money.

All he said is that there is a reschedule of the visit? What’s so secret about that?
Exactly and trust me- there isn't a lack of synergy (as much as I hate that as corporate buzzword) between what the Ruiz Family does and Mario's desired efforts.

Only a loss if he visits. Kid isn't local. Were he a UGA transfer from the tri county that we never got on campus then it's an L.

Since he's a country boy from south GA and he's never been on campus it's not a loss, we just didn't get a shot at him. No matter what a bunch of insiders thought when he entered his name in the portal.

If he chooses FSU, good on them for having the inside track to get his commitment and not totally blowing it.
I totally agree... How can this be considered a loss if he never gave us the chance to compete for him?

Now if he visits us and still choose fsu.... That's an L we gotta hold lol

Here's hoping things turn in our favor over the next couple of hours. I REALLY want that FSU meltdown!

I disagree. He’s scheduled to visit. We’ve been involved. Follow the experts here. Miami was expecting him to at least visit.

If he goes to FSU, it’s an L.

Mario will immediately move on losing minimal sleep related to this IMO, focusing in on his next order of business.

Advertisement
Lol man can one of y'all scary *** dudes explain to me why he would be prolonging coming out with his decision if he's already "committed"? It's not like he was a low-level recruit coming out of highschool and is trying to enjoy the process now...

I am from Birkenhead and I have(had) what I would call a Scouse accent but someone across the Mersey would disagree. That's why I don't consider there to be a Lancashire accent.

Attachments

• FFDEFABD-A8E9-42D3-9381-0F5432EBCB55.jpeg
    FFDEFABD-A8E9-42D3-9381-0F5432EBCB55.jpeg
    541.3 KB · Views: 10
Advertisement
His mom has never been on a plane and apparently said she never would. So being close by car is a huge plus.
I can understand this. My dad is the same way. He should still have her make the drive though lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back